Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1y2

There's just no doubt in 5 years you'll have a look and he'll be at Morecambe. Harsh but true (well, might make a decent player but not good enough for us). Our academy keeps serving up average players these days.
its not true, you cant generalize like that, players cant be put in the same bracket but can be put in the same team regardless their talent... thats up to manager who he gives the chance and also circumstances like injuries make it a lot more unpredictable.. Darmian, Valencia, Young, Jones, Varela and I certainly forgot someone else who would be able to play right back ahead of Love. He's not good enough as 7th rightback, hardly sruprising we dont have a cover for 6th right back. there will always be average players like Love, Weir, Lawrence, McNair who will move on in the end..

but it's not the good enough talents who are developed well these days and we have them, Pereira, Januzaj would perhaps thrive under better manager, CBJ, Tuanzebe, Williams, TFM... etc to name others.. also we are in deep shit, throwing players in the team like that won't do good to anyside

Robbie Boy

Yes but you asked why he was starting, you didn't just say he was shit.
My bad, I suppose it was more of a rhetorical question. I'm just sick of sub-standard players getting games for the club. I wasn't actually looking for a detailed discussion regarding injuries etc.

legball

Our fans keep harping on about how the manager must be willing to promote youth, but where is the quality youth players coming through? This one is another average player.

Roboc7

Hard to be too critical, he tried his best but he isn't good enough and is only playing because there are no other options.

There is a huge difference between promoting young players and having to play them because you have made a mess of the squad, unfortunately it's the latter not the former that applies to us.

Devil81

Clearly he's not good enough for our first team, it's a shame really as you can't fault his effort. When you use the comparison of Borthwick Jackson, you can clearly see the class difference, one looks calm and like nothing can faze him. The other looks like a rabbit in the headlights.

Is Varela injured?

Or is has he been bombed out for saying Van Gaal is hard to figure out.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Clearly he's not good enough for our first team, it's a shame really as you can't fault his effort. When you use the comparison of Borthwick Jackson, you can clearly see the class difference, one looks calm and like nothing can faze him. The other looks like a rabbit in the headlights.

Is Varela injured?

Or is has he been bombed out for saying Van Gaal is hard to figure out.
He is injured.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
What the feck is this guy doing getting a start for us. Feck me our standards have dropped so much in recent years. But I guess it's another youngster that LvG has brought through, right?
When we won the treble we had Michael Clegg, John Curtis, Ronny Wallwork, Phil Mulryne, Mark Wilson, Terry Cooke, Jonathan Greening, Erik Nevland and Alex Notman in the first team squad. 6 of them played together in one game.

Robbie Boy

When we won the treble we had Michael Clegg, John Curtis, Ronny Wallwork, Phil Mulryne, Mark Wilson, Terry Cooke, Jonathan Greening, Erik Nevland and Alex Notman in the first team squad. 6 of them played together in one game.
That's good to know. Cheers.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
its not true, you cant generalize like that, players cant be put in the same bracket but can be put in the same team regardless their talent... thats up to manager who he gives the chance and also circumstances like injuries make it a lot more unpredictable.. Darmian, Valencia, Young, Jones, Varela and I certainly forgot someone else who would be able to play right back ahead of Love. He's not good enough as 7th rightback, hardly sruprising we dont have a cover for 6th right back. there will always be average players like Love, Weir, Lawrence, McNair who will move on in the end..

but it's not the good enough talents who are developed well these days and we have them, Pereira, Januzaj would perhaps thrive under better manager, CBJ, Tuanzebe, Williams, TFM... etc to name others.. also we are in deep shit, throwing players in the team like that won't do good to anyside
From what I've seen so far, our brightest youth prospects don't seem good enough either. Pereira was meant to be class, he's done feck all in the games he's been brought on/started for besides that decent free kick against (I think) Ipswich. Januzaj is failing. CBJ is the most impressive I'd say but the rest haven't even been given a shot in the first team. You can't possibly be happy with what our academy is producing compared to others.

m1y2

From what I've seen so far, our brightest youth prospects don't seem good enough either. Pereira was meant to be class, he's done feck all in the games he's been brought on/started for besides that decent free kick against (I think) Ipswich. Januzaj is failing. CBJ is the most impressive I'd say but the rest haven't even been given a shot in the first team. You can't possibly be happy with what our academy is producing compared to others.
Pereira played maybe 40 minutes from total of 40+ games this season, how is he supposed to show anything, stupid to judge himby 8 minutes cameos in most shittest of games as well, Januzaj was class in his first season and wasn't meant to play for Van Gaal who doesnt really fancy players with flair rather goes for consistency and organization, we also palyed like 20 games in 3-5-2 system in which Januzaj doesnt have a spot, then issues with confidence occured and LVG tried him a couple of times but again out of position out of position, whether it was b2b or striker, it's quite a joke isn't it, he never got a run of 10 games like Memphis did.. the loan was unfortunate, he's not ready to play at the level required elsewhere than from the wing now.. he still has a good chance, this manager just sucks with his system, Pochettino would make a great player form Januzaj IMO, like he's trying with Lamela. Under LVG Januzaj only stagnated or regressed.. these two are great talents and counting with CBJ, three in three years would be a fantastic achievement.. how are we producing only average players, how many first teamers are across al big clubs in Europe. We are just in deep shit overall and blame youngsters for their lack of talent in a crysis like this is stupid, no you dont need to blame them, call them not good enough. Itsvery tough for some players to get going in a dysfunctional team like this... no question

dcullivanio

There's just no doubt in 5 years you'll have a look and he'll be at Morecambe. Harsh but true (well, might make a decent player but not good enough for us). Our academy keeps serving up average players these days.
That just about sums him up and many others coming through our system. Then, the ones that look like they could do it don't seem to be handled correctly or not given the chance when they should be

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Mulryne is a priest now, isn't he?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
That just about sums him up and many others coming through our system. Then, the ones that look like they could do it don't seem to be handled correctly or not given the chance when they should be
Yep. The only player I thought could make in here in the last 5 years is Pogba, and he was shipped off really quickly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
how was he able to start an actual game, and then not even be on the bench for the next game.
Odd stuff.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yep. The only player I thought could make in here in the last 5 years is Pogba, and he was shipped off really quickly.
You probably didn't rate Drinkwater or Simpson really highly either. They might become PL champions this season with a different club.

Sid234

You probably didn't rate Drinkwater or Simpson really highly either. They might become PL champions this season with a different club.
To be fair Simpson never really stood out as a quality defender.
I don't think the club is to blame for Fergie's reluctance to start him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He is cup tied. Personally I'd rather Riley was playing anyway.
have to chuckle!

Luckily Varela was back. Although the "Joy" at that and BJ being back was incredible!

A few months before, the idea of those two being starting full backs would be a diaster

Devil81

have to chuckle!

Luckily Varela was back. Although the "Joy" at that and BJ being back was incredible!

A few months before, the idea of those two being starting full backs would be a diaster

Couldn't agree more, I was saying the same to my dad last night. I actually think Jackson is composed enough to stick around the first team permanent now, as for Varela, time will tell.

Love is a total disaster though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Couldn't agree more, I was saying the same to my dad last night. I actually think Jackson is composed enough to stick around the first team permanent now, as for Varela, time will tell.

Yeah, regrettably Love has zero chance of making it here. 21 already, didn't look good in his bit of playing time, and is already about 5th choice there at best, in one of our weakest sets of defenders in 20 years.

I'd love to see how clinical Mourinho would be. I just hope it's a done deal and he's getting a real headstart on what needs doing. Unlike Van Gaal who was deeply involved in the world cup til very late

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

You going through a rough patch? Aw :(

Donald is atrocious though, yes

jem

Love really shouldn't be speaking to anybody, especially the media.

paulscholes18

Being 1 of the better players in a 2-1 loss to Sunderland isn't something to be that proud about.
Immature error

Status
Not open for further replies.