Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

Not surprising to mix up a few details here and there, it’s a complicated and arcane system. Like the way 2 states actually have a form of proportional representation. Just 2 out of 50. And the little fact that in many states electoral college voters don’t technically even have to vote for who the people voted for.

It’s an outdated mess.
Huh? Can you expand on that? Thanks

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Huh? Can you expand on that? Thanks
The constitution originally never actually said much of anything about the general public voting for the president. America was set up as a republic not a democracy as such. Each state is supposed to return electoral college voters who decide who should be president and the details of how those electoral college voters were selected was pretty much left up to each state to decide.

Since then there have been various changes stopping people being discriminated against based on race etc, but the core issue of who actually decides the presidency is still surprisingly hazy. 21 states have no laws saying electoral college voters have to vote for who they are pledged for, while 29 have punishments at the state level. They pretty much always do vote properly, but there have been notable exceptions.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sondland is the big one in this impeachment hearing. If he flips on Trump it's going to become very very difficult for the Republican's to keep defending him.

They absolutely will keep defending him of course, but it's going to be harder.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Sondland is the big one in this impeachment hearing. If he flips on Trump it's going to become very very difficult for the Republican's to keep defending him.

They absolutely will keep defending him of course, but it's going to be harder.
It will be funny watching them try to turn Sondland into a never-Trumper coffee boy who Trump never even met though.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It will be funny watching them try to turn Sondland into a never-Trumper coffee boy who Trump never even met though.
It will be hilarious, some of the Fox News mental gymnastics has been breathtaking already. The implications that Vindman was full of himself and grandstanding yesterday because he wore full military attire and insisted that Nunes referred to him as Lt Col Vindman rather than Mr Vindman was beyond ridiculous. The fact he is in formal proceedings and is required by protocol to wear his full full dress uniform was completely lost on them let alone the disrespect a Congressman was showing him by dismissing his rank.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm honestly disgusted that, every time Trump is in trouble, he & his officials doubt the loyalty to America of people who actually serve their country (whether they are decorated soldiers or professional diplomats). And that's coming from someone with little interest in - or passion for - military or diplomatic matters; how must people with a vested interest feel? I'm not claiming that they're all heroes or faultless but I'd wager that most are better and more patriotic people than their critics.

It's truly sickening that such crooks, cowards and traitors casually & knowingly impugn people who obviously care far more for the U.S.A than they ever will. And all because those political charlatans have desperately hitched themselves to a criminal...

Last edited:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Yeah when Devin f'cking Nunes is questioning the loyalty of a man who literally got blown up serving his country, to his face, I just cannot believe these bastards exist.

I do wish he'd gone at Jordan though. Pull a Sorkin like mini speech about American values meaning he can be at this hearing and unlike his father, not fear death. Oh and here's how I got this Purple Heart, remind me again of your illustrious wrestling career congressman.

Raulduke

Edit: Now deleted. Tweet about Sondland saying he's not prepared to "take the rap" for acting as a rogue diplomat.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Noonays going all QAnon. Looking forward to Sondland dropping his bombs on him.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Nunes has literally just listed off a bunch of events that are backed up by evidence :lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Nunes' stance makes little sense. There must be dirt on him to be such a fervent supporter of the cheeto dickweed. Or maybe he truly believes all the shit he spouts. It's not as if being a politician renders one sane/normal.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Nunes is a cnut. Doesn't have any shame and is willing to die on the Trump hill.

DavidDeSchmikes

I'm sure we've heard this speech before from Nunes
And why does Schiff keep referring to the 'three amigos

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Nunes telling Sondland he is about to be smeared...yeah, by Trump.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Nunes' stance makes little sense. There must be dirt on him to be such a fervent supporter of the cheeto dickweed. Or maybe he truly believes all the shit he spouts. It's not as if being a politician renders one sane/normal.
Oh there s definitely dirt on that guy. Probably lots of it. Plenty of stories about shady dealings in his home state and let's not forget his nighttime walk(s) to the WH.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Interesting caveat from Sondland. He's just started by saying that he#s not had access to any of his records and he's not one for remembering things.

He's basically just set himself up as a witness whose statements cannot be trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.