Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
This has got to be so infuriating for the democrats. If it were a criminal case, you'd have a situation where there's DNA evidence, eye-witnesses, motive, and the most obvious open-and-shut case in history. The judge would advise the jury to find guilty on all counts, everyone in the court room can see he's guilty. Then the camera pans to the jury and just over half of them have on blindfolds and earbuds, and are facing the wrong way, while wearing t-shirts with the accused's face on them.

His crime is so obvious, it's almost impossible to prosecute it. Even the defense isn't saying he didn't do it anymore. They're just kind of winking along to the inevitable conclusion.

Anyone who chooses to work for Fox News should be tried as traitors imo. Done more damage than the vast majority of actual traitors to the US down the years.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I'm surprised the next major distraction from Trump and Co isn't on the way. It is not like him to let news cycles be dominated by Democratic talking points or reactions to them.
They don't need one at the moment, they are absolutely dominating the news by flooding it with clips and statements of witnesses exonerating Trump, also of Trump himself repeating witnesses own words over and over again.

The only trouble is they are cherry picking or even just shortening quotes to make them sound like they are defending Trump. Worse still, like with Sondland's testimony yesterday, Trump and Fox are concentrating on one small part, the phone call between Trump and Sondland on September 9th where Trump said "I want nothing (x2) no quid pro quo, tell Zelensky to do the right thing)

However, they are all conveniently leaving out that that call was on September 9th, after the White House realised they had been busted and were in the shit.

decorativeed

They don't need one at the moment, they are absolutely dominating the news by flooding it with clips and statements of witnesses exonerating Trump, also of Trump himself repeating witnesses own words over and over again.

The only trouble is they are cherry picking or even just shortening quotes to make them sound like they are defending Trump. Worse still, like with Sondland's testimony yesterday, Trump and Fox are concentrating on one small part, the phone call between Trump and Sondland on September 9th where Trump said "I want nothing (x2) no quid pro quo, tell Zelensky to do the right thing)

However, they are all conveniently leaving out that that call was on September 9th, after the White House realised they had been busted and were in the shit.
I doubt Trump had ever even heard the phrase before he was accused of it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The funniest thing was the GOP guy asking "Do you know what a Quid Pro Quo means?" to the guy who donated $1M to Trump's inauguration to buy an ambassadorship to EU.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Fall-out from Sondland; NYT calling for impeachment. But WSJ saying we know the offences, but they do not reach the treshold of impeachment.

Abizzz

The funniest thing was the GOP guy asking "Do you know what a Quid Pro Quo means?" to the guy who donated $1M to Trump's inauguration to buy an ambassadorship to EU.
:lol:

US ambassadors around the world have been a joke since Obama though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fall-out from Sondland; NYT calling for impeachment. But WSJ saying we know the offences, but they do not reach the treshold of impeachment.
To me, this is worse than even denying it happened. It defies logic. A public official used his position to extort a foreign country for personal gain. If this isn't impeachable, what is?

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout

Exactly. The appearances are far more important than the facts, because appearances win you the kind of majority votes you need to be collectively dismissive of the facts. This Senate will not remove the President even after impeachment, despite the crime being crystal clear. His voters won't see the crime, and even if they do they won't believe it, and even if they believe it they will move to a false whataboutism and say it's okay for the President to do it.

Abizzz

To me, this is worse than even denying it happened. It defies logic. A public official used his position to extort a foreign country for personal gain. If this isn't impeachable, what is?
He has a cult of personality. Literally nothing.

langster

Scout
I'm shocked Laura Cooper's testimony didn't get much attention here last night. She provided some bombshells of her own and put together some important pieces of the jigsaw. Let's not forget these are witnesses called by the GOP. They are supposed to be running cover, or are they?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We've returned to the middle ages where the Church decided what the people would perceive as the thruth to keep them docile. The amount of lies and distortion coming out of Twitter from Trump and his dudes is staggering. If you don't cross check these tweets you'd think he's been exonerated 20 times over.

I'm sort of losing interest somehow. Is he going to be impeached? I can't see the truth though all these mountains of shite.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
We've returned to the middle ages where the Church decided what the people would perceive as the thruth to keep them docile. The amount of lies and distortion coming out of Twitter from Trump and his dudes is staggering. If you don't cross check these tweets you'd think he's been exonerated 20 times over.

I'm sort of losing interest somehow. Is he going to be impeached? I can't see the truth though all these mountains of shite.
He'll be impeached by partizan, far left, DO NOTHING House democrats, then TOTALLY EXONERATED in the Senate.

langster

Scout

He has gone in to overdrive, he really has. The other day he Tweeted and Retweeted 84 times! That's fecking insane. I guarantee the Retweets are staff members who are now soley employed to search and find Tweets agreeing or defending the President of ones implicating Democrat wrong doing. Even worse still is this is now commonplace throughout the GOP and even the official White House Twitter account. Ted Cruz has recently been Tweeting memes and snide attacks, so has Rubio and Jordan and a few others.

The American economical, political and justice systems are now feeding disinformation and outright lies to the world with social media and nobody seems to know what to do about it. Facebook have practically said they support it. Its completely insane.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He has gone in to overdrive, he really has. The other day he Tweeted and Retweeted 84 times! That's fecking insane. I guarantee the Retweets are staff members who are now soley employed to search and find Tweets agreeing or defending the President of ones implicating Democrat wrong doing. Even worse still is this is now commonplace throughout the GOP and even the official White House Twitter account. Ted Cruz has recently been Tweeting memes and snide attacks, so has Rubio and Jordan and a few others.

The American economical, political and justice systems are now feeding disinformation and outright lies to the world with social media and nobody seems to know what to do about it. Facebook have practically said they support it. Its completely insane.
It's taking on North Korean levels of propaganda really. I remember an old Lybian campaign video of Gadaffi where a choir of women sang that his hair smells like myrrh and his smile made the sun rise or whatever. Seemed so otherwordly and silly at the time, but I honestly wouldn't be very surprised if something similar came out soon.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Political donors have been made ambassadors since at least as far back as Bush and Clinton.
I would have thought that was usually for ambassadorships to places like Dominica rather than the EU though. Maybe not of course.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

And this is the country that's supposed to police the world. Scarry

Drifter

American
Holmes as looked at Sondland and said hold my beer .His opening statement is highly damaging for both Sondland and Trump.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You know Trump is a bastard but hearing the testimonies just drive it home. He is running a fecking mob.

Sanche7

:lol:

'Never have I been watching a person making a phone call' - now that's some top notch English right there.
But hey, if you feck up during your citizenship speaking test, you can always tell them that you learned to speak English from listening to the President

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Romney's meeting with Donald today...already thinking of finding a new SOS after Pompeo was thrown under the bus yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.