g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fosu-Mens

Impeachment tracker on 538 continues to trend downward for support of impeachment, I really dislike this country. At this rate, people are actually being convinced that Trump shouldn't be impeached. Truly stupid country with stupid people.
Given that the GOP will flip only if the voting people will flip regardless of the evidence or fact or truths regarding the Potus illegal and unethical activities is kinda ironic since they don't give a rats *ss about the voter's welfare the rest of the time. It is also funny that the one person that will have the most influence on whether Trump gets impeached or not is an Australian businessman. Shows the influence media got over people when a single news corporation can influence the outcome of an impeachment procedure of an American president.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Tbf though 90k isn't that much in DC. I'm guessing he has another pot of honey somewhere.

And re Schiff s statement: I keep hoping we re better - but I keep getting disappointed. Maybe Schiff should ve said OK Boomer every time one of the Rs spoke.

sport2793

I'm still wondering if the Dems have an ace up their sleeve somehow. Though even Bolton or Pompeo testifying may .. Or most definitely will not be enough to convince the likes of juvenile bully like guys like Jordan.
Don't think it matters, nothing is going to convince the baby boomer repubs as they want to hold onto power at any cost.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
When you have a bunch of Repub senators who are known for not being big Trump fans visit the White House and then you hear they are just there to coordinate strategy for the impeachment trial that they themselves will be on the jury of, it tells you everything you need to know.

Can you even imagine that in any other trial? The jury nipping around to see the accused for a friendly chat before the trial starts?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Republicans and White House discuss limiting impeachment trial to two weeks
Washington Post said:
No final decisions were made on strategy for a trial that, if it happens, would come in January at the earliest. But one prominent scenario discussed, according to officials, was a trial that would last for roughly two weeks, which several Senate Republicans view as the ideal option because they believe it would be long enough to have credence without dragging on too long.

The scenario assumes the proceedings would end in acquittal in the GOP-controlled Senate.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Tbf though 90k isn't that much in DC. I'm guessing he has another pot of honey somewhere.

And re Schiff s statement: I keep hoping we re better - but I keep getting disappointed. Maybe Schiff should ve said OK Boomer every time one of the Rs spoke.
Yet it shows another form of nepotism and the salary is 2x the average annual income of a US citizen, and is 10% higher than the average annual income for a Washington DC resident. All for inviting athletic visits. Joke.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Very very powerful stuff by Schiff in his closing statement. Worth a watch:
I thought that was weak. Awful. Almost pathetic. Yes he made some valid points but he stuttered too much, repeated himself too much and didn't sound convincing at all until the very last minute or two.

The main point is nobody understands or gives a feck about this. Well, Trump and the Republicans don't, and that is the point. They don't care. They are so crooked and so far gone, brainwashed or just in on it all. He's preaching to the converted and nobody else is listening because the other sides disinformation and propaganda machine has been working away changing the narrative for months.

Now we can all see exactly why Trump has been shouting fake news for so long.

Amarsdd

I thought that was weak. Awful. Almost pathetic. Yes he made some valid points but he stuttered too much, repeated himself too much and didn't sound convincing at all until the very last minute or two.

The main point is nobody understands or gives a feck about this. Well, Trump and the Republicans don't, and that is the point. They don't care. They are so crooked and so far gone, brainwashed or just in on it all. He's preaching to the converted and nobody else is listening because the other sides disinformation and propaganda machine has been working away changing the narrative for months.

Now we can all see exactly why Trump has been shouting fake news for so long.
it doesn't make sense what you're saying. The point for Schiff is to make the best case possible for impeachment. I don't think he can do anything in regards to the disinformation, propaganda machine and the Trump party as a whole here. Like Trump himself said and I actually believe now, even if he shoots someone in Times Square the Trump base will just believe the person he shot deserved it and still support him.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
John Bolton having an interesting time back on Twitter today.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
This is photoshopped in I take it? Not something actual grown ups genuinely put up there?!
It's genuine, mate.
Yet another thing that shouldn't be allowed.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is photoshopped in I take it? Not something actual grown ups genuinely put up there?!
Not photoshopped. They took it down shortly after Twitter erupted with laughter at the fact the sign suggests the opposite of what they intended it to suggest. It literally says that Adam Schiff follows the rules.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not photoshopped. They took it down shortly after Twitter erupted with laughter at the fact the sign suggests the opposite of what they intended it to suggest. It literally says that Adam Schiff follows the rules.
Yeah, that's dumb, but still not as dumb as putting up such a kindergarten level sign.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I hope this is going to be good. It's kinda the twist I was expecting. Though who knows what Bolton s play is going to be here. In any case he ll be looking to defend his own skin - question is will he also defend the integrity of the United States over the vanity of a rogue POTUS.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I always have to wonder why these people do any of the dodgy stuff via email. Surely anyone with half a brain, would either verbally do it, or at the very least use a method that doesn't leave a paper trail

Status
Not open for further replies.