Drifter

American
Trump makes claim so insane even Fox & Friends pushes back ON AIR

Would love to see him testify .

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What do we think about this though:

A new Emerson poll finds President Trump’s approval has increased in the last month with 48% approval and 47% disapproval, a bounce from 43% approval in the last Emerson National poll in October. Support for impeachment has flipped since October from 48% support with 44% opposing to now 45% opposed and 43% in support. The biggest swing is among Independents, who oppose impeachment now 49% to 34%, which is a reversal from October where they supported impeachment 48% to 39%.

http://emersonpolling.com/2019/11/2...es-biden-and-sanders-lead-democratic-primary/

I suppose since the wording is "in the last month" one can wonder whether this week's events arefully reflected in the numbers yet. But I'm not sure even that would make these numbers seem that much better. Trump can do and say what he wants.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry

A new Emerson poll finds President Trump’s approval has increased in the last month with 48% approval and 47% disapproval, a bounce from 43% approval in the last Emerson National poll in October. Support for impeachment has flipped since October from 48% support with 44% opposing to now 45% opposed and 43% in support. The biggest swing is among Independents, who oppose impeachment now 49% to 34%, which is a reversal from October where they supported impeachment 48% to 39%.

http://emersonpolling.com/2019/11/2...es-biden-and-sanders-lead-democratic-primary/

I suppose since the wording is "in the last month" one can wonder whether this week's events arefully reflected in the numbers yet. But I'm not sure even that would make these numbers seem that much better. Trump can do and say what he wants.
I saw this and it's the most depressing thing ever, and leads me to just give up on it all. If a human being can have watched that testimony and come to the conclusion that Trump is better for it, then that human being doesn't deserve a vote imo.

What of course is more likely is that said human being didn't watch any of it themselves, and instead 'followed it' by reading their Facebook feed, handily curated by Russians gleefully destroying a country. And the country is too god-forksaken arrogant and stupid to do anything about it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It honestly beggars belief that anyone can have been paying any tiny amount of attention to what’s going on and go from disapproving of him to now approving of him.

His diehards are one thing, but so called independents changing stance just makes absolutely no sense at all.

The Firestarter

It honestly beggars belief that anyone can have been paying any tiny amount of attention to what’s going on and go from disapproving of him to now approving of him.

His diehards are one thing, but so called independents changing stance just makes absolutely no sense at all.
Don't know what they've been polling , but I don't entirely dismiss this to be totally made up result.

nimic

something nice
Scout

It's one poll. Personally I prefer FiveThirtyEight's aggregator and tracker, which doesn't show any bump.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Does it really surprise anyone? This clown Mulvaney was in charge of a tea party budget proposal mocking the federal deficit where he couldn't account for $3 trillion in the end. If I have to thank God for one thing, its only for making these imbeciles as they are.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I thought at this stage, the shit hit the fan years ago. Only problem is far to many American's appear to be to stupid to notice the shit smeared all over the room
'This shit is our shit, you just hate it because it's not your shit' -Trumpists

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It reminds me more and more of the batshit crazy propaganda arms in V for Vendetta. The fact this isn’t satire and is happening in the most powerful nation on Earth is incredibly alarming.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It reminds me more and more of the batshit crazy propaganda arms in V for Vendetta. The fact this isn’t satire and is happening in the most powerful nation on Earth is incredibly alarming.
In a way, it's not surprising. Half of the population live in what is essentially a giant farm.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
To me it sounds more like Royalists. Trump is king and this whole war for independence was for naught. George Washington would probably try to strangle these people with his own bare hands if he could.
There is mad irony that it's the Republican's that are attempting to abandon the Republic and turn it into a Theocratic Monarchy.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

There is going to come a point where the Republicans abandon all process and shut everything down.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I have a feeling they will just refuse to participate if this guy testifies.

NWRed

To me it sounds more like Royalists. Trump is king and this whole war for independence was for naught. George Washington would probably try to strangle these people with his own bare hands if he could.
I've always thought Trump doesn't actually want to be a 21st century US President, he wants to be a 17th century French King.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I've always thought Trump doesn't actually want to be a 21st century US President, he wants to be a 17th century French King.
Yeah, like Mel Brooks in History of the World, Part I

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
So convincing:
Appearing on Fox News yesterday, Nunes refused to directly say whether he met with Shokin but blamed the controversy on a “totally corrupt” media, echoing rhe president he has so ardently defended.

“Everybody’s going to know all the facts, but I think you can understand, I can’t compete by trying to debate this out with the public media when 90 percent of the media are totally corrupt,” Nunes said.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I have a feeling they will just refuse to participate if this guy testifies.
I have no idea what they will do to be honest. If they refuse to participate it's an open net for the Democrats who will be free to ask all the pertinent questions with zero SOUNDBITES FROM SHOUTING CONSPIRACY HILLARY CLINTON, EMAILS, SERVER, SOROS.

Yet if they do show up, what the feck sort of questions are they going to ask? Nunes is an actor in one of the articles of impeachment, he could try one of his nonsensical conspiracy diatribes which might then be immediately shut down by the witness who says "Well actually Devin, that's completely and absolutely factually incorrect and I know this because I was in the room with you while it was fabricated".

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Ya gotta give it to Trump or whoever is handling him - they re doing a great job throwing up smoke bombs and continuing to have new folks being implicated in all these dealings so that every time it seems they get close to Trump - another "obstacle" stands in the way if you will.

Fosu-Mens

I have no idea what they will do to be honest. If they refuse to participate it's an open net for the Democrats who will be free to ask all the pertinent questions with zero SOUNDBITES FROM SHOUTING CONSPIRACY HILLARY CLINTON, EMAILS, SERVER, SOROS.

Yet if they do show up, what the feck sort of questions are they going to ask? Nunes is an actor in one of the articles of impeachment, he could try one of his nonsensical conspiracy diatribes which might then be immediately shut down by the witness who says "Well actually Devin, that's completely and absolutely factually incorrect and I know this because I was in the room with you while it was fabricated".
Not that this matters to some people.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

They’ll just shout ‘this guy’s a criminal and can’t be trusted!!’ while conveniently ignoring the fact the guy was working with Guilliani when he committed the crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.