Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Honestly, my least favourite part of the new website layout is that now this politics nonsense is on the main page.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I always have to wonder why these people do any of the dodgy stuff via email. Surely anyone with half a brain, would either verbally do it, or at the very least use a method that doesn't leave a paper trail
I think a lot of them are genuinely that stupid that they don’t realise how deep they are in and how bad it is until it is too late. So it seems normal to talk via email at first, then it takes a turn and the email chain is already started and one of them has already said too much and another has realised they’ve replied in a way that makes it obvious they are also involved and know and then all of a sudden it’s all blown up and the context is established via other mediums and the emails look really bad now.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Just finished reading this.Unbelievable stuff and it goes to show why Nunes is looking so broken and haunted at the moment. He’s in way above his head and has been involved in this Ukraine thing from origins.

If Schiff can somehow organise Parnas to testify then it would be absolutely box office stuff. I’d wager that Nunes is a no show to that one rather than risk being broadcast live around the globe as Parnas starts unravelling his conspiracies and literally pointing the finger at him saying “you should know what you are saying is false, you were there when we were making it up. Some of these are your own stories”.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
How has that come out of State? Who authorized it?
Probably the Senators Trump met. They probably told Trump he has to show a modicum of cooperation so their support doesn't look bad.
There was a FOIA request to the state department that was upheld in court. I’m guessing a team of lawyers arrived at the state department backed up by the court order and tuned a lower ranking official with access to the systems to start handing it over or personally be charged with obstruction.

The timing seems perfect, late Friday evening. It was 3 weeks ago the court first ordered them to be handed over. It’s either that or they’ve spent 3 weeks identifying who has access and would be willing to comply.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
“bmilohill on Reddit” said:
Schiff spent a full day on Marie Yovanovitch. She and Gordon Sondland both got a full hearing to themselves, as they were the most important. Everyone else was doubled up.

She was recalled the same day Zelenski took office. She wasn't in a position to know anything about the July 25th phone call. She wasn't in office when the military aid was withheld. And yet Schiff spent a full day really hammering home just how unusual it was for her to be smeared by Giuliani and removed by Trump. For an inquiry supposedly laser focused on the military aid hold, he spend a whole day on ancient history.

The Zelenksi quid pro quo was round 2. It was Trump trying to pressure the honest president of Ukraine. Yavonovich was a problem because Trump had something up and running before Zelenski took office. The original quid pro quo. Nunes' meeting wasn't after Zelenksi took office in May. It wasn't around the July phone call. Or the September release of the hold. It was last year.

Schiff spent a day getting ready for this to drop. Damn right he knew.
Thought this was quiet a good point. They’ve been setting the scene for a while that this goes back way beyond that first phone call.

Last edited:

Fully Fledged

There was a FOIA request to the state department that was upheld in court. I’m guessing a team of lawyers arrived at the state department backed up by the court order and tuned a lower ranking official with access to the systems to start handing it over or personally be charged with obstruction.

The timing seems perfect, late Friday evening. It was 3 weeks ago the court first ordered them to be handed over. It’s either that or they’ve spent 3 weeks identifying who has access and would be willing to comply.
The person who handed it over might have been there late on a Friday afternoon specifically so they could hand over the documents to DNC lawyers waving a court order. I'm sure that not everybody there is happy with what is going on.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's nuts. The GOP defence is going to be the batsh*t crazy inforwars conspiracy, played out by actual US senators.

I'm done. Not quite sure how I'll avoid it, but I genuinely didn't believe it would get to this.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
So if this goes to trial in the senate can they call their own witnesses...
Could they for example call hunter Biden and grill him all day on his experience to be on the board of that energy company
Could they call the Ukraine president and force erm pursuade home to say no quid pro quo for 6 hours straight
I'm assuming republicans will be in control of the process at the next stage... Could this actually end up playing out well for trump (at least with his base)

roseguy64

I always have to wonder why these people do any of the dodgy stuff via email. Surely anyone with half a brain, would either verbally do it, or at the very least use a method that doesn't leave a paper trail
That's why Trump didn't get caught up in the Russia prob like he was supposed to be.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
That's why Trump didn't get caught up in the Russia prob like he was supposed to be.
No, the Russians just realized the Trump team was too incompetent to be trusted with carrying out that subterfuge without blowing it wide open and exposing them.

You know, sort of like how this scheme went...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Just finished reading this.Unbelievable stuff and it goes to show why Nunes is looking so broken and haunted at the moment. He’s in way above his head and has been involved in this Ukraine thing from origins.

If Schiff can somehow organise Parnas to testify then it would be absolutely box office stuff. I’d wager that Nunes is a no show to that one rather than risk being broadcast live around the globe as Parnas starts unravelling his conspiracies and literally pointing the finger at him saying “you should know what you are saying is false, you were there when we were making it up. Some of these are your own stories”.
Trump may actually start a war as a diversion if Parnas or Bolton were to testify.

Last edited:

roseguy64

No, the Russians just realized the Trump team was too incompetent to be trusted with carrying out that subterfuge without blowing it wide open and exposing them.

You know, sort of like how this scheme went...
That's a good point. But one of his cronies also mentioned that he avoids using email.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's the president of America we are talking about like this, not some fecking drug dealer.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Probably one of the few honest things Giuliani has said - it's been pretty clear he has something because Trump continues to defend the guy despite everything showing that his connection with him is a liability.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Republican's are going to go Nuclear to stop this from happening. Genuinely think this is as close to a game over moment as we are likely to get.

In reality, Parnas is going to cut a beautiful deal with Barr and sod off into the sunset with his mouth shut.

InfiniteBoredom

Lev Parnas’s lawyer said he wouldn’t be making these suggestions without a paper trail backing them up.

I don’t have much hope left for the intellectual capacity of the American public, though, so after a few ‘witchhunt’ tweets the mouth breathers will support Nunes with renewed fervor.

Status
Not open for further replies.