Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raulduke

The actual call is bad for Trump but the whistleblower complaint is also bad for those around him that tried to cover it up. It also claims that it wasn't the first time a call like this was similarly covered up :eek:

bleedred

Any sane person reading this would see how corrupt the feck is. But the GOP are just going to concentrate on the fact that it’s all hearsay.

There is damning evidence. But I don’t think, it’s not enough to bring anyone down.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The actual call is bad for Trump but the whistleblower complaint is also bad for those around him that tried to cover it up. It also claims that it wasn't the first time a call like this was similarly covered up :eek:
Its always the cover up rather than the crime that raises flags, same thing happened during watergate.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's they didn't know or didn't care people were watching. They must be so convinced that the GOP apparatus is so bent, they can get away with anything.

Raulduke

This is an incredibly important point that just underscores the whistleblowers credibility. He was right about the contents of the call despite not being in on it directly.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
That whistleblower complaint should see Trump being walked out of the oval, this morning.

That is shocking, but unsurprising. It's all right there, despite how the GOP will try to deny it.

Committed crime. Smarter people realised, tried to cover up crime. Ordered subordinates to break protocol to do so. Couldn't be more in line with the administration.

Adisa

All I Can think is that if this was a Dem, he'd be forced to resign cause he knows what is coming.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It looks bad, but somehow I think that in a week or 2 no one is talking about it anymore.

Really hope I'm wrong, but it's hilarious to think any of his supporters will retract their support. If this doesn't get him out of his office, it will just vindicate him for the next election and help him win it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Seriously though, I can't reiterate enough how important it is that Joe Biden doesn't get the Democratic nomination at this point.

There is going to be a tonne of public interviews during this impeachment process and here is how it's going to go:

Democrat: Asks series of questions about what the subject heard, when, what they thought and what their actions were.

Gym Jordan: TELL ME WHEN YOU FIRST HEARD ABOUT BIDEN'S CORRUPTION AND HOW JOE BIDEN CONSPIRED WITH HILLARY WITH UKRAINE OFFICIALS AGAINST THE INTERESTS OF THE UNITED STATES.

Fox News: The subject had real trouble answering Jordan's questions: Here's a clip of that....

Adisa

It looks bad, but somehow I think that in a week or 2 no one is talking about it anymore.

Really hope I'm wrong, but it's hilarious to think any of his supporters will retract their support. If this doesn't get him out of his office, it will just vindicate him for the next election and help him win it.
Imo, it's an indictment on the electorate that there is a decent chance he wins again.
I think our politics is shit but if Johnson was involved in half this shit, he would be gone.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Seriously though, I can't reiterate enough how important it is that Joe Biden doesn't get the Democratic nomination at this point.

There is going to be a tonne of public interviews during this impeachment process and here is how it's going to go:

Democrat: Asks series of questions about what the subject heard, when, what they thought and what their actions were.

Gym Jordan: TELL ME WHEN YOU FIRST HEARD ABOUT BIDEN'S CORRUPTION AND HOW JOE BIDEN CONSPIRED WITH HILLARY WITH UKRAINE OFFICIALS AGAINST THE INTERESTS OF THE UNITED STATES.

Fox News: The subject had real trouble answering Jordan's questions: Here's a clip of that....
I couldn’t agree more, but with a bit of luck this scandal does two things, brings down Trump and trashes Biden’s chances for the nomination ... Pence versus Warren for 2020?

bleedred

That whistleblower complaint should see Trump being walked out of the oval, this morning.

That is shocking, but unsurprising. It's all right there, despite how the GOP will try to deny it.

Committed crime. Smarter people realised, tried to cover up crime. Ordered subordinates to break protocol to do so. Couldn't be more in line with the administration.
gop response:”Asking Favor is not a crime,”Or some sort.

Cover up was by whitehouse officials and lawyers. None of them are going to implicate trump. End of story.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Imo, it's an indictment on the electorate that there is a decent chance he wins again.
I think our politics is shit but if Johnson was involved in half this shit, he would be gone.
You re right - it seems to be a very American thing where the rich, famous and powerful can literally get away with murder and somehow end up doing better for themselves than before. It's really fked up. Hypocritical too when you look at how we tend to be so quick to discard anyone else - whether it's at the workplace, out on the streets, etc.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's kind of funny how the right wing people in The Netherlands react to this. They're obviously supposed to like Trump, because liberal / left (not that the DNC is left wing whatsoever) / progressive = bad by default, but while constantly moaning about Mark Rutte being corrupt (I don't necesarrily disagree), they defend Trump no matter what he does. Imagine Mark Rutte doing this, or something much less serious like calling a political rival a dumb name like Trump does. Their minds would simply explode in outrage.

The double standards these weirdo alt-right / conservatives / whatever you call these dumb people employ are mind boggling. They accuse liberals to be brainwashed or to be NPC's while being utter and complete drones for their leaders incapable of any critical thought whatsoever.

Beachryan

The thing about the GOP today I'll never understand is that basically all of the intellectuals, youth and high-skilled voters are moving against them. Personally that would just hurt my ego.

They're just leveraging the under informed to remain in power, their base is essentially getting dumber and angrier. And older. And smaller.

I just don't get the strategy.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The thing about the GOP today I'll never understand is that basically all of the intellectuals, youth and high-skilled voters are moving against them. Personally that would just hurt my ego.

They're just leveraging the under informed to remain in power, their base is essentially getting dumber and angrier. And older. And smaller.

I just don't get the strategy.
This is basically what Reince Priebus told the RNC n 2012 after Romney lost the election that they need to reach out to well educated and high earning minorities and diversify their base, instead they deflected hard to the populist right.

Redplane

It's kinda funny to me that every time something comes up where Donnie is seriously being questioned about behavior that by almost anyone s standard should at least be setting off some red flags - that posters who otherwise never seem to post in this political threads suddenly come out and unequivocally defend the glorious leader. Reddit is the same way.

I already hear the argument that "well that's because the caf is a liberal echo chamber", but we have several posters who do frequently contribute who do not appear to be leaning heavily to the left and not fall into near diatribe. It continues to support the belief many seem to have that those who support this POTUS in particular just react to anything the dirty libs/Dems are doing rather than taking a step back to consider the larger picture. /rant

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Which is absurdly depressing.
Yup. Shows the split within Dems. Pelosi was under intense pressure from AOC and other section of Dems to launch impeachment proceedings for quite some time. Say, what you may of Pelosi, she is a shrewd political operator and probably the best match against Mitch McConnell. Looks like the impeachment proceedings will hurt Dems more than Trump.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

I'd expect this to be fatal to Biden also.

Beachryan

I'd expect this to be fatal to Biden also.
This is also nuts. Biden has done absolutely nothing wrong. The accusation is utter bs, timing doesn't line up, there are no facts that support it and its just a made up info wars conspiracy theory.

And that ends a career of someone who has served his country for decades?

Goddamn I hate what US politics has become.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
This is also nuts. Biden has done absolutely nothing wrong. The accusation is utter bs, timing doesn't line up, there are no facts that support it and its just a made up info wars conspiracy theory.

I'd say it's likely. To be fair his campaign so far hasn't been great but I think this will put the final nail in the coffin.

Redplane

Other than the complete lack of any civility in public discourse the current POTUS has brought upon us - is it really any worse than before though? The reason I am asking if because I recently was reminded by an image how toxic things have been in the past with the image showing union workers/good squads going around beating up Kent State and anti Vietnam War protestors/students, motivated by political rhetoric.

Status
Not open for further replies.