Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He left out the bit about 'meddling kids'.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I'm overwhelmed by the posts. So what's the status here? Cocks out? Just unzipped? Or another false dawn?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Did you watch his testimony?
Yes. It is quite clear that WH was trying to do some damage control (i.e. hiding information), but on what is not clear. There are comments on discussions being potentially impeach-worthy, but how many aren't heresay isn't very clear.

I'm pretty sure he was trying leverage them for political gains, but making it stick legally is the problem. Dems should get the other calls transcripts too.

And I recall an Ukrainian official mentioning that Biden investigation was a requirement for even the call to happen.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I'm overwhelmed by the posts. So what's the status here? Cocks out? Just unzipped? Or another false dawn?
He’s looking pretty fecked. But then again he’s looked pretty fecked before. But this time does feel different. Could just be wishful thinking though.

NWRed

I've just seen the timeline of this, he looks screwed (and he knows it)
From the BBC:
  • 18 July - President Trump orders White House aide to hold back almost $400m in military aid to Ukraine, report US media
  • 25 July - President Trump speaks to Ukraine's leader in a 30-minute phone call
  • 9 September - Congress learns of a whistleblower's complaint about the call, but is blocked by the Trump administration from viewing it
  • 11 September - Military aid for Ukraine is cleared for release by the Pentagon and Department of State
  • 23 September - Mr Trump confirms he withheld Ukrainian aid, saying it was due to concerns about "corruption"
  • 24 September - Mr Trump says the aid was withheld so that other countries would pay more.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Former Trump official confirms that WH started placing Trump call transcripts into NSC’s codeword system—effectively concealing them—sometime after Mexico, Australia transcript leaks in 2017.

Experts say doing that poses whole host of natsec risks.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Just watched a bit of the hearing earlier.
Nunes is really a smug condescending a hole, but he's nowhere near as smart as guys like a Grassley or even Cruz in his questioning. Whatever happened to allegations of corruption etc against him anyway?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yes. It is quite clear that WH was trying to do some damage control (i.e. hiding information), but on what is not clear. There are comments on discussions being potentially impeach-worthy, but how many aren't heresay isn't very clear.

I'm pretty sure he was trying leverage them for political gains, but making it stick legally is the problem. Dems should get the other calls transcripts too.

And I recall an Ukrainian official mentioning that Biden investigation was a requirement for even the call to happen.
Yes, reported by ABC via a Ukrainian source.

Adds support to a quid pro quo context.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Nunes is really a smug condescending a hole, but he's nowhere near as smart as guys like a Grassley or even Cruz in his questioning. Whatever happened to allegations of corruption etc against him anyway?
Barr probably squashed them.

Nunes is a bit on the dense side when it comes to questioning people, not helped at all by his paranoia. Added to which he’s still trying to sue Twitter and a parody cow who upset him.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
It seems bonkers to me that you could have a case like this and risk it being dead in the water due to lack of funding.

Dr. StrangeHate

Cruz, Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are probably the smartest people in Washington. They know exactly how to fool people, distort facts and fire up deplorables. McConnell's time has passed but if any of Paul Ryan or Cruz become president they will leave office as multi billionaires with their sophisticated form of corruption.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Why does the whistleblower need money. This sounds fishy. Republicans going to swing this as a guy looking for a pay day.
Because Trump knows who he/she is and is going to leak his details at some point and at that point he/she is going to need to lawyer up and invest in a security detail.

Dr. StrangeHate

Because Trump knows who he/she is and is going to leak his details at some point and at that point he/she is going to need to lawyer up and invest in a security detail.
Doesn't the US government protect whistleblowers?

Dr. StrangeHate

You think the government will give a whistleblower all the legal protection they require in a case against the President?
Would you feel secure if you would be a whistleblower during Trump administration going against them?
Fair enough. This investigation is going to be a big test for the US with the whole world watching. It is also going to determine whether there will be future whistleblowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.