Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
strange that this news is not front and centre on the sky news website

You have to look for the article- I mean is the possible deposing of the most despicable cnut in the world not major headlines?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Other than the complete lack of any civility in public discourse the current POTUS has brought upon us - is it really any worse than before though? The reason I am asking if because I recently was reminded by an image how toxic things have been in the past with the image showing union workers/good squads going around beating up Kent State and anti Vietnam War protestors/students, motivated by political rhetoric.
I think the idea that a President would use an official press conference to spread unsubstantiated conspiracy theories is new.

It legitimizes the falsehood because of the office.

Worked for Hillary too. If not for her emails we wouldn't be having this discussion.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Yup. Shows the split within Dems. Pelosi was under intense pressure from AOC and other section of Dems to launch impeachment proceedings for quite some time. Say, what you may of Pelosi, she is a shrewd political operator and probably the best match against Mitch McConnell. Looks like the impeachment proceedings will hurt Dems more than Trump.
I'd take that bet

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I fail to see at this pt how this will hurt the Dems more than Trump. Thus far the proverbial ace up his sleeve is not there. Unlike Mueller we now have people directly within his administration like the director of DNI acknowleding validity of the concerns and the House hasn't even gotten to any other calls that allegedly were stored, or other witnesses to the phone call(s). This may end up being unsuccessful in toppling Trump, but so far none of the optics are in his favor. Throwing Pence under the bus and forcing Barr into a corner are probably not making him any new friends in DC.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He'll panick and start to smear the people around him. That will be his downfall. They'll turn on him to save themselves. He's done, I think.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
The sheer volume of conservative mouthpieces shouting that impeachment is a terrible strategic move by Dems/Pelosi is a strong indicator of why this is precisely the right move.

Bret Stephens
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/25/opinion/impeachment-democrats.html

Mark Davis
https://townhall.com/columnists/mar...mble-already-backfiring-on-democrats-n2553739

Kimberly Guilfoyle (Jr's girlfriend)
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...mps_term_but_may_get_him_a_second_141345.html

Ken Starr (:lol:)
https://www.foxnews.com/media/donald-trump-ken-starr-impeachment

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Yup. Shows the split within Dems. Pelosi was under intense pressure from AOC and other section of Dems to launch impeachment proceedings for quite some time. Say, what you may of Pelosi, she is a shrewd political operator and probably the best match against Mitch McConnell. Looks like the impeachment proceedings will hurt Dems more than Trump.
It’ll hurt Trump more than anyone. He’s already tetchy and sulking because he’s been found out.

I’ve read the whistleblower statement and watched some of the Maguire testimony. Let’s hope Maguire doesn’t become permanent DNI. He can’t or won’t answer a simple question that just requires a yes or no. Visibly irritated and agitated by pointed questions and still thinks he did the right thing by asking the subject of the complaint (Trump and WH) whether he should send it to Congress and then asks someone else also implicated (Barr) whether it should be investigated. :eek:

He repeatedly points out that he was new to the job but when the decisions you do end up making are utterly senseless and frankly pretty dumb then it’s not the job for you. Can’t see him being confirmed as the permanent DNI myself. Most of us on here could do a better job.

Red Defence

The sheer volume of conservative mouthpieces shouting that impeachment is a terrible strategic move by Dems/Pelosi is a strong indicator of why this is precisely the right move.

Bret Stephens
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/25/opinion/impeachment-democrats.html

Mark Davis
https://townhall.com/columnists/mar...mble-already-backfiring-on-democrats-n2553739

Kimberly Guilfoyle (Jr's girlfriend)
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...mps_term_but_may_get_him_a_second_141345.html

Ken Starr (:lol:)
https://www.foxnews.com/media/donald-trump-ken-starr-impeachment
It’s an excellent move. Sounds like there are a fair number of witnesses who will speak out in a hearing. And no way will the Traitor in the WH subject himself to questioning in public. He couldn’t take it. He’ll resign first.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"Who will rid me of this meddlesome priest?"

Suv666

I'm not well versed in American politics, wouldnt the impeachment process involve some of his own party candidates going against him which is unlikely right? And what are the odds of him getting impeached?

Drifter

American
He'll panick and start to smear the people around him. That will be his downfall. They'll turn on him to save themselves. He's done, I think.
Yeah i think he's done . Even though some would love him to go on and on.

Red Defence

This is Trump to a T. Gets found out but he’s not in the wrong for what he’s done it’s the person reporting his act that is at fault because he’s a SPY! Get enough of these officials who reported to the WB in a hearing, let them speak out and Trump’s gone. He won’t be able to take it. It will break him.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Jesus Christ, implying that people who gave information to a whistleblower should be killed? What the actual feck?!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Jesus Christ, implying that people who gave information to a whistleblower should be killed? What the actual feck?!
He s made similar statements about other detractors before and his fan club didn't bat an eye. I'm sure they re cool with it and crazies will be inspired to make more death threats than they've already done before. In a normal country you inciting violence or even hinting at encouraging it would be a huge scandal. But then again this is a POTUS who doesn't even stand up for US citizens being abused by foreign powers. (see Turkey protestors in DC, Khashoggi, the journalist who had to be helped by the Irish embassy instead, etc.)

Sanche7

I’m by no means an expert in US politics but IMO it’s high time the Dems did something about Trump. He called Ukraine asking for their help one day after the Muller probe ended. He realised that despite doing a number of shady things, he got away clean pretty easily. And so he decided to do more of the same. If no one had questioned him this time, he would have abused his power even more. What’s the point of having an opposition party if they don’t oppose anything? Even the clearest case of abuse of power? Not doing anything would have probably been the safe choice but I’m happy that the Dems stood up to the President and told him no more. This is not just about the 2020 race but it’s about reminding Trump that he’s not above the law.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I'm not well versed in American politics, wouldnt the impeachment process involve some of his own party candidates going against him which is unlikely right? And what are the odds of him getting impeached?
Very high, the Dems do control the House.

SteveJ

Scout
Whistleblower said to be CIA officer previously detailed to White House
The New York Times has new information on the identity of the whistleblower, who is reportedly a CIA officer previously detailed to the White House.

The Times reports:

The man has since returned to the C.I.A., the people said. Little else is known about him. His complaint made public Thursday suggested he was an analyst by training and made clear he was steeped in details of American foreign policy toward Europe, demonstrating a sophisticated understanding of Ukrainian politics and at least some knowledge of the law.

The whistle-blower’s expertise will likely add to lawmakers’ confidence about the merits of his complaint, and tamp down allegations that he might have misunderstood what he learned about Mr. Trump.

(Guardian)

ChaddyP

Whistleblower said to be CIA officer previously detailed to White House
The New York Times has new information on the identity of the whistleblower, who is reportedly a CIA officer previously detailed to the White House.

The Times reports:

The man has since returned to the C.I.A., the people said. Little else is known about him. His complaint made public Thursday suggested he was an analyst by training and made clear he was steeped in details of American foreign policy toward Europe, demonstrating a sophisticated understanding of Ukrainian politics and at least some knowledge of the law.

The whistle-blower’s expertise will likely add to lawmakers’ confidence about the merits of his complaint, and tamp down allegations that he might have misunderstood what he learned about Mr. Trump.

(Guardian)

Bet my life that the white house probably leaked this information.

Trump is in mad King mode and gonna use wildfire and burn everything to the ground :lol:

SteveJ

Scout
They really are a mob family:
Trump’s reelection campaign is using the release of the whistleblower complaint as an opportunity to fundraise and repeat unfounded corruption allegations against Joe Biden.

The campaign wrote in an email signed by the president’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr: “What Democrats are doing to President Trump is simply UN-AMERICAN.

“My father has done NOTHING wrong, but we all know that won’t stop Democrats and their good friends in the FAKE NEWS from spreading LIES for political purposes. Don’t let the unhinged left-wing MOB win.”

It goes on to ask supporters to join “the Official Impeachment Task Force” by donating money to the campaign.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
It’ll hurt Trump more than anyone. He’s already tetchy and sulking because he’s been found out.

I’ve read the whistleblower statement and watched some of the Maguire testimony. Let’s hope Maguire doesn’t become permanent DNI. He can’t or won’t answer a simple question that just requires a yes or no. Visibly irritated and agitated by pointed questions and still thinks he did the right thing by asking the subject of the complaint (Trump and WH) whether he should send it to Congress and then asks someone else also implicated (Barr) whether it should be investigated. :eek:

He repeatedly points out that he was new to the job but when the decisions you do end up making are utterly senseless and frankly pretty dumb then it’s not the job for you. Can’t see him being confirmed as the permanent DNI myself. Most of us on here could do a better job.
Classic stonewalling. And the bolded portion is precisely why he'll get himself closer to the nomination.

Cry wolf too many times you'll lose all credibility. It's obvious that he's insulated against most acts that would have sunk boatloads of other politicians. The impeachment proceedings were called too hastily. They should have waited after these hearings and then made a decision.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
They really are a mob family:
It’s pretty wild to think that some people are so gullible that a vacuous twat like Jr could ask them for money (using CAPITAL LETTERS!) and they’d hand it over.

Sometimes I think I should have made a career out of selling magic beans to stupid people..

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
https://today.yougov.com/topics/pol.../impeachment-trump-support-poll-survey-yougov

In a survey conducted as part of YouGov’s Daily Agenda poll, 55 percent of Americans said they would support impeachment if it’s confirmed that Trump did suspend aid in order to convince Ukrainian officials to investigate.
This was a survey conducted 2 days ago - before the call memo and the complaint were both released. It already had 33% of Republicans at least somewhat supportive of impeachment in this case. The way things are spiraling, and with more and more information pouring out, my money is on these numbers growing, fast.

Red Defence

Classic stonewalling. And the bolded portion is precisely why he'll get himself closer to the nomination.

Cry wolf too many times you'll lose all credibility. It's obvious that he's insulated against most acts that would have sunk boatloads of other politicians. The impeachment proceedings were called too hastily. They should have waited after these hearings and then made a decision.
Did you watch his testimony?

SteveJ

Scout
Watch Trump petulantly refuse to sign the funding bill on Monday, thus shutting down the government.

SteveJ

Scout
Giuliani goes bonkers:
The Atlantic said:
“It is impossible that the whistleblower is a hero and I’m not. And I will be the hero! These morons – when this is over, I will be the hero,” Giuliani told the Atlantic.

He added: “I’m not acting as a lawyer. I’m acting as someone who has devoted most of his life to straightening out government. ... Anything I did should be praised.”

Status
Not open for further replies.