Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

Dudu

That Ted Cruz question.. fecking despicable cnut. And the dude had a ready-made answer for that.. I wonder how :rolleyes:

E: And now Rubio asking about impeaching 'lock her up' Hilary. What an absolute shitshow this is. Feck this, no more.

Last edited:

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Self-preservation. He's up every two years and wants to keep his job.
Yeah it says everything about these people that others have died defending them and they only think about their own long term prospects.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah it says everything about these people that others have died defending them and they only think about their own long term prospects.
The problem is that it’s too short term, every congressperson has to start virtually immediately start campaigning after a win due to the next election occurring in 22 months at most. Kind of like corporations always worrying about the next quarterly report, we can never get any long term durability or a semblance of calm in the House due to its sprint mentality.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
At first I didn't think there was need for witnesses as GOP senators would vote no, no matter what.
Bit if Trump's lawyers are going to accuse people of lying, depose witnesses.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I wonder how the rest of the world sees this whole debacle. It's a circus for the commoners but how would world power reacts to a shift in american .. how do we say it? Mentality?

How do britain? Eu? Turkey? UaE sees this? Does this effect their term policy with the US?

We used to think this will go away with trump, but it doesnt look likely. The battle between D and R would only sharped regardless of whether trump is invicted or convicted.

If trump somehow lands up in jail it could get real ugly.

Infra-red

I wonder how the rest of the world sees this whole debacle. It's a circus for the commoners but how would world power reacts to a shift in american .. how do we say it? Mentality?

How do britain? Eu? Turkey? UaE sees this? Does this effect their term policy with the US?

We used to think this will go away with trump, but it doesnt look likely. The battle between D and R would only sharped regardless of whether trump is invicted or convicted.

Most people in the UK have seen it as a welcome distraction from our own Brexit & COVID debacles!

With an adult now back in the White House, I guess that Johnson's juvenile, popularist, bullshit will start to look a little out of place, which can only be a good thing.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto

I see everything with great concern. The time in which I looked at these issues as some sort of comic relief is long gone.

Politics is more and more global, trends spread everywhere. In the past 18 months, the far right in Portugal has gone from residual to 12% in the last elections. All the tactics they use are imported from the trends in the US. The way they communicate on social media, the way their leader adresses the population, the issues they chose, etc. Every subject debated in the US - no matter how stupid or specific - would find its way into our politics too. Our right wing leader is Trumpist in every aspect, except he isn't as thick. Which is a recurrent concern, as I read in a lot of places "what if Trump was smarter"?

Bolsonaro almost certainly wouldn't be president if Trump hadn't preceded him.

It was a big relief seing Trump ousted, but I reckon the damages for worldwide democracies of this sort of politics might very well be just starting. Some issues are very specific for the US - extreme bipartisanship for one - but others are global trends.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
At first I didn't think there was need for witnesses as GOP senators would vote no, no matter what.
Bit if Trump's lawyers are going to accuse people of lying, depose witnesses.
Three words that should never be strung together ever - Senator Tommy Tuberville.

SirAF

Ageist
I see everything with great concern. The time in which I looked at these issues as some sort of comic relief is long gone.

Politics is more and more global, trends spread everywhere. In the past 18 months, the far right in Portugal has gone from residual to 12% in the last elections. All the tactics they use are imported from the trends in the US. The way they communicate on social media, the way their leader adresses the population, the issues they chose, etc. Every subject debated in the US - no matter how stupid or specific - would find its way into our politics too. Our right wing leader is Trumpist in every aspect, except he isn't as thick. Which is a recurrent concern, as I read in a lot of places "what if Trump was smarter"?

Bolsonaro almost certainly wouldn't be president if Trump hadn't preceded him.

It was a big relief seing Trump ousted, but I reckon the damages for worldwide democracies of this sort of politics might very well be just starting. Some issues are very specific for the US - extreme bipartisanship for one - but others are global trends.
Absolutely this! It’s very concerning, even in bloody Norway I see far-right nutters that have been emboldened by Trump.

I am shocked :smirk:

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Other countries have their own affairs to deal with Covid, economics etc., so the latest US soap opera event isn’t likely to matter much.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The acquittal is no surprise. The story here is what will happen in the courts after, especially if there’s evidence Trump deliberately prolonged the insurrection to do more damage. There is criminal culpability to be pursued.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I wonder if he'll ever say 'nobody knows more about impeachment than me'.

For once he'll almost be right.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The acquittal is no surprise. The story here is what will happen in the courts after, especially if there’s evidence Trump deliberately prolonged the insurrection to do more damage. There is criminal culpability to be pursued.
Is Biden's DOJ willing to go that route. My guess would be no.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I would say yes, but Biden would obviously have no say in any of it. It would be Merrick Garland’s call.

It's not really a winning strategy for Biden and his administration to expend lots of energy on Trump. He might as well let the states have their fun.

fecker has a secret pardon in his back pocket anyway.

Maticmaker

I wonder if he'll ever say 'nobody knows more about impeachment than me'.

For once he'll almost be right.

He certainly will be, he is storing up millions for the future; book rights, TV, film rights; 'the Trump take' interviews on everything Biden does which goes tits up. Wouldn't be surprised if Trump finishes up as a Game show host in ' Guess who's going to stand again'.

Donald's next mantra " I was doing such a great job they had to try and Impeach me... twice".
The democrats just don't get it do they, this guy is wearing the 'impeachment... the sequel' message, almost like a 'kiss me quick hat'.

The Democrats won a famous victory in the election, they should not be taking any notice of Trump at all, they should be to turn off the oxygen, turning off the spot lights, bring in the curtain down (rapidly) instead they have provided him with a new stage, ordered new lights and given him a new platform called "IMP2".

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don't think Biden is much too pleased about this either. He has precious little time to pass his stimulus bill which is sorely needed right now.

The Firestarter

Leahy is 80. He has been a senator since 1974!

I think he was in the hospital recently as well. He really does need to retire so Bernie can be the Senior senator from Vermont for once :)
Mental . Senate is a retirement home where the members get paid.