Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

Carolina Red

Staff
this would potentially light a fire impossible to put out. trump is no hitler but remember what putting him in jail did? ditto bannon. making martyrs out of people you could easily relegate to the margins in other ways.
So just, like, don’t enforce the law…?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Do you think Trump has been the single most damaging person to USA as a country since whoever assassinated JFK…?

Serious question. I can’t think of any single person who has done more damage to the US.

Ironic really that we spent 20 years bombing countries in a bid to wipe out threats to Democracy and the Western way, and it turned out that a famous, wealthy, old American guy was by far the biggest threat… and he would become President of the very country that he’s done / doing so much damage to.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Do you think Trump has been the single most damaging person to USA as a country since whoever assassinated JFK…?

Serious question. I can’t think of any single person who has done more damage to the US.

Ironic really that we spent 20 years bombing countries in a bid to wipe threats to the Western way, and it turned out that a famous, wealthy, old American guy was the biggest threat.
You could replace JFK with Dr. King or RFK. RFK would have been a transformational president, but instead we got Nixon. April-June 1968 set the next half century on an radically different course.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I bet you’re fun at parties.

Damn, turning a joke about Lyndon Johnson’s Johnson into a discussion on Strom Thurmond
After that, I read his Wikipedia page and saw that his "secret" daughter's application to the United Daughters of the Confederacy wasn't approved while she was still alive. I can't imagine why that could be.

I still have to remember that Jesse Helms was my Senator. What an absolute pair of scumbags they were.

Carolina Red

Staff
After that, I read his Wikipedia page and saw that his "secret" daughter's application to the United Daughters of the Confederacy wasn't approved while she was still alive. I can't imagine why that could be.

I still have to remember that Jesse Helms was my Senator. What an absolute pair of scumbags they were.
Yes. And Richard B. Russell while we’re at it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Ironic really that we spent 20 years bombing countries in a bid to wipe out threats to Democracy and the Western way, and it turned out that a famous, wealthy, old American guy was by far the biggest threat… and he would become President of the very country that he’s done / doing so much damage to.
I think that as a President he’s been the most destructive in terms of turning about a third of the country into crazy conspiracy nuts. Also if Clinton would’ve won she could’ve stacked the Supreme Court with progressive appointees.

The 2000 election felt like a massive crossroads moment for the United States as well.

Beans

Supports
Neutral

Alex Jones? Rush Limbaugh?

The Dulles brothers were real scumbags, Kissinger too.

RedDevilQuebecois

I swear that we have several vile creatures on this side of the border still defending what I have been calling (from a nickname given by Bill Maher) as Orange Hitler. Just for mentioning T**** as such has riled up many here even though they would not even dare moving down to Trumpworld to get us sane Quebecers rid of those sick fecks. Insufferable cnuts, all of them.

RedDevilQuebecois

I think that as a President he’s been the most destructive in terms of turning about a third of the country into crazy conspiracy nuts. Also if Clinton would’ve won she could’ve stacked the Supreme Court with progressive appointees.
Not sure how that would have been even possible unless more conservative justices suddenly die or are forced to retire. Besides and before Joe Biden was elected POTUS, the United States were in dire need of a strong dose of progressive policies for over 5 decades of strong conservative control, whether presidential or legislative.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Not sure how that would have been even possible unless more conservative justices suddenly die or are forced to retire. Besides and before Joe Biden was elected POTUS, the United States were in dire need of a strong dose of progressive policies for over 5 decades of strong conservative control, whether presidential or legislative.
Didn’t Trump appoint three justices to the court, including one to replace RBG which tipped the court even further right?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
They must’ve been certain they’d find something really damaging. As if they don’t, Trump will be able to double down on the “witch hunt” narrative and it’ll pave the way for him to take back the White House in 24.

RedDevilQuebecois

Didn’t Trump appoint three justices to the court, including one to replace RBG which tipped the court even further right?
You said about what if Clinton had won the 2016 election. At best, it would be one progressive justice to replace the decease Anthony Scalia while the other replacing RBG would just be another liberal. That is not packing the court by any stretch compared to the crap Trump has done.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Rupert Murdoch.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
You could replace JFK with Dr. King or RFK. RFK would have been a transformational president, but instead we got Nixon. April-June 1968 set the next half century on an radically different course.
Wallace instead of Truman is always the one that makes me consider the whole world being different.

Simbo

He won’t go quietly and it may tear the GOP, if not the country, apart. They better have gotten proof of aliens, the holy grail, the Lindbergh baby… I mean, it better have been the warehouse from Raiders in that bitch.
Already started prepping the replacement haven't they? Like they know Trump won't be electable in 2024.

neverdie

So just, like, don’t enforce the law…?
no if they have a case go for it. they'll know risks already.

bush really was the worst. those two wars undermined america's credibility all over the world and put them on a war footing in places like libya and syria by the time obama took over. crash wasn't his fault but if you add that at the end of his presidency he's surely the worst president they've had since carter. i like carter personally btw but his presidency was a disaster.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
It seems a bid deal but why am i worried nothing will come of it at all and will end up actually strenghening Trump in the long run?

Simbo

It seems a bid deal but why am i worried nothing will come of it at all and will end up actually strenghening Trump in the long run?
Because you've been awake the last 6 years.

This however is the first time Trump has received treatment suggesting he is not above the law, so that's something...

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
bush really was the worst. those two wars undermined america's credibility all over the world and put them on a war footing in places like libya and syria by the time obama took over. crash wasn't his fault but if you add that at the end of his presidency he's surely the worst president they've had since carter. i like carter personally btw but his presidency was a disaster.
im not sure ive ever seen USA as divided as it is now. And seems like it cannot be fixed, too much damage. He gave a voice to a significant amout of dangerous people who had been ignored up until these last few years. I am certain race relations have been set back many years too. It seems he has also inspired a bunch of low lifes around the world too and we are seeing this in election and referendum results in many countries