Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

neverdie

im not sure ive ever seen USA as divided as it is now. And seems like it cannot be fixed, too much damage. He gave a voice to a significant amout of dangerous people who had been ignored up until these last few years. I am certain race relations have been set back many years too. It seems he has also inspired a bunch of low lifes around the world too and we are seeing this in election and referendum results in many countries
the tea party, the occupy movement, blm, sanders, trump. people forget how bad people like palin were in 2008. mccain chose her as vp pick. the gop was on track to be overrun by these nutty evangelical christian right types long before trump. trump was the best conduit for these people at that time but a symptom of the overall problem and not the cause. he obviously hasn't helped though. i don't individuate it in trump because i think the people who see themselves in him don't need him as much as others think. they'll switch to desantis or whoever signals that they'll do their bidding.

the bigger problem imo is the transatlantic and transpacific mirroring of this kind of politics. the us and uk are trying their utmost to synchronize their political "moods". it's highly intentional on part of politicians and has predictably increased since brexit.

Jericholyte2

The irony is that they're going on about rejecting or fighting against a tyrannical government, whilst supporting a tyrannical government leader.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The thought behind why? Sure. The actual desire to? Not really. Elected officials talk about ending government programs all the time.
The language and the context is a little bit different to “hur hur libertarian want small government“ though.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
That’s why I said…
I didn’t dispute that, I’m reiterating the point that he’s attacking an institution for carrying out a function that is designed to protect the US.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
no if they have a case go for it. they'll know risks already.

bush really was the worst. those two wars undermined america's credibility all over the world and put them on a war footing in places like libya and syria by the time obama took over. crash wasn't his fault but if you add that at the end of his presidency he's surely the worst president they've had since carter. i like carter personally btw but his presidency was a disaster.
Externally, Bush might be the worst (but Trump is close), but internally, no modern president comes close to Trump.

Carolina Red

Staff
I didn’t dispute that, I’m reiterating the point that he’s attacking an institution for carrying out a function that is designed to protect the US.
Yeah, but that doesn’t actually meet our definition of treason.

United States Constitution, Article III, Section 3, “Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.”

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
That’s why I said…
You also said “the thought behind why, sure”, when actually the thought behind it doesn’t meet the definition of treason you posted either. It’s probably closer to Sedition.

Carolina Red

Staff
You also said “the thought behind why, sure”, when actually the thought behind it doesn’t meet the definition of treason you posted either. It’s probably closer to Sedition.
Well I was agreeing with your initial reaction that it seemed treasonous, sorry for that.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Beans

Supports
Neutral
“We are a nation of law and order”

“Erm, except when someone tries to apply the laws to us”
Get to thinking you're the "good guys" and pretty soon you'll be justifying any dirty trick.

These Republicans know they're playing dirty, though. They don't offer solutions, they just shit on everything. Many things deserve to be shit on, but it's just a way to be popular for them. They've shown they're actually terrible governors, with no political talent.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
They must’ve been certain they’d find something really damaging. As if they don’t, Trump will be able to double down on the “witch hunt” narrative and it’ll pave the way for him to take back the White House in 24.
He had classified documents he didn't return, so they went to get them, apparently.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Can’t wait til the right starts to blame packing too quickly when they left as the reason Trump had so much classified info at MAR.

That’s just what Brittney Griner got in trouble for.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Are GOP MAGA politicians all grifters or do some of them actually believe this shit?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Are GOP MAGA politicians all grifters or do some of them actually believe this shit?
I think deep down they all know it’s mostly a sham, but they can act their way through it & grifting is a wonderful side hustle.