Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Wonder what kind of Kompromat on Macron he's been hiding in that Safe:D

RedDevilQuebecois

Some caution … who leaked to Murdoch’s WSJ? On the other hand, maybe this is his OK Corral/Charge of the Light Brigade/Et Tu Brutus all rolled into one …
Fixed for you for historical accuracy. But, yeah, you cannot ask for a bigger bombshell if the report is true.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This feels pretty big. At the very least it sounds like he could be prevented from running again.

Probably means President De Santis in 2024 though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I know there’s a meme about him slithering out of this one, but it does feel like we are nearing end game for him.

De Santis is the next in line so what will it really matter? He’s a martyr now.

ChaddyP

Remember what we thought in 2016? Biden is extremely unpopular (we'll see how his recent success will affect that), I wouldn't take anything for granted even with Trump running again.
Hes right. Trump on the ticket is the biggest driving force for democractic voting turn out. It would actually galvanise the dems and give them a talking point. Rs want him no where near the ballot

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Hes right. Trump on the ticket is the biggest driving force for democractic voting turn out. It would actually galvanise the dems and give them a talking point. Rs want him no where near the ballot
Maybe not, but he almost has to run now, or at least declare. His narcissistic brain is probably convinced he did nothing wrong and his well used survival instinct will convince him they can't do anything if he is a candidate. I would expect him to declare in the next few weeks.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Dobbs decision might just do it by itself, but Trump running as well would solidify it.

DeSantis is the one to worry about. I didn’t think he had ‘it’ a year ago, but the bastard has morphed into a smarter, better looking, & more politically savvy Trump.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Dobbs decision might just do it by itself, but Trump running as well would solidify it.

DeSantis is the one to worry about. I didn’t think he had ‘it’ a year ago, but the bastard has morphed into a smarter, better looking, & more politically savvy Trump.
DeSantis looks like a middle aged @Rooney in Paris

nimic

something nice
Scout
Again, that's also what everyone thought in 2016. It's not like Trump came out of nowhere, everyone knew how awful he was. He had half a dozen real scandals during the campaign, at the very least. I think he'll lose, of course, but I'm not taking anything for granted any more. Particularly since Biden is so unpopular (actually more unpopular than Trump was at this stage in his presidency).

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Again, that's also what everyone thought in 2016. It's not like Trump came out of nowhere, everyone knew how awful he was. He had half a dozen real scandals during the campaign, at the very least. I think he'll lose, of course, but I'm not taking anything for granted any more. Particularly since Biden is so unpopular (actually more unpopular than Trump was at this stage in his presidency).
There’s the exhausted majority that won’t allow Trump back into power.

Simbo

I know there’s a meme about him slithering out of this one, but it does feel like we are nearing end game for him.

De Santis is the next in line so what will it really matter? He’s a martyr now.
Still have a thought in the back of my mind that this is all a bit too obvious, its been widely reported since day 1 he took these docs, even leaked a photo of him apparently flushing them down a toilet a bit back, like he was baiting the FBI. He was never going to get away with keeping them but appears to have wanted to incriminate himself? All very strange.

RedDevilQuebecois

If it were for me, any future trial for his crimes should be as quick and swift as to what the Romanians did to Nicolae Ceausescu.

ChaddyP

You forget that trump ran and lost against Biden already... As an incumbent which always has the upper hand in a presidencial election. Yes he won in 2016 because everyone thought he wouldn't win and there was no real motivation for dems to vote just to ensure he lost. That underestimation of him is gone. The day he announces his candidacy is the day he hands the presidency to the dems for another 4 years.

Trump was on the ballot 2018 (figuratively) and 2020... He lost the house Senate and presidency.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I reckon it was the locations of Israel's nuclear missiles. He was gonna hand them to the Saudis.

Cannot really see that. Saudi’s and Israel do not really have a beef against each other and even though they have no diplomatic relations their common enemy is Iran.

There will be plenty of back channels between Isreal and Saudi Arabia.

RedTiger

Half mast
Cannot really see that. Saudi’s and Israel do not really have a beef against each other and even though they have no diplomatic relations their common enemy is Iran.

There will be plenty of back channels between Isreal and Saudi Arabia.
Doesn't matter if they're mates or not, everyone wants to know the location of other peoples weapons.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
It’s head-scratching stuff. From what has been released, it sounds like what was seized could be trophies, mementos— random stuff. Like stone’s pardon for instance. Old hat, surely. Info on French prez? Could be childish hoarded stuff. As if Trump sees his presidency as a gas frolic, and needs to remind himself it actually happened.

Or is it darkly sinister? Was he taking Saudis, or whoever else, to the basement? Selling secrets? Was he blackmailing people?

Was he being blackmailed?

Is it possible to have a grey area here, for instance… Were others involved?

Some of this material was super secret. Why did the DOJ wait? People say Garland is the real deal, he doesn’t make careless or facetious moves. Sounds like the Trump goose is cooked. But I think there’s a final, maybe slightly dragged-ouf, blockbuster chapter here, featuring ugly scenes and some (key) people turning on DT.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
"Hey, grab those cds, dvds, and those VHS tapes as well."

"Why would someone still have VHS tapes?"

Later, at FBI HQ, a team of analysts has been going through multiple removable media files confiscated from Mar-a-Lago.

"Whoa.... what's that?"
"No shit!"
"Holy feck!"

We have the pee pee tape.