Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Tweet unavailable
It was about the limited work experience of the judge who is mulling over the independent examiner of the stuff the FBI took when searching MAL.

The last sentence was that she is also a member of the Federalist Society.

RedDevilQuebecois

It was about the limited work experience of the judge who is mulling over the independent examiner of the stuff the FBI took when searching MAL.

The last sentence was that she is also a member of the Federalist Society.
:mad:

It's one of those days when you wish that any membership to such organisation should bar a person from ever coming near close to a US District Court Judge's seat. That is also not even saying about how the amount of work experience should determine eligibility criteria for becoming a federal judge.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Not only will he not face any punishment he'll get the nomination for 2024 and probably win.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
After 5 years of screaming "Lock her up", he is in danger of being locked up, or is he?

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
My money is the docs going to Saudi in exchange for cash. It'll be that inane and simple.

If they've gone to Russia then I'd start buying canned goods tbh.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
If he sold them, or was blackmailed into sharing them, he’s vulnerable. But even more so are his handlers. This is the key question, really. Was he an agent, or somehow compromised? Personally, I think not. My sense is, he’s just a disturbed egomaniac, a thug.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Remember the highly anticipated Mueller Report? :lol:
I expect the result will be similar. GOP affiliated people will say, "yeah this was not a great move by Trump, but convicting him would be problematic because blahblahblah", and Trump will say TOTAL EXONERATION and be depicted on Twitter as Judge Dredd as a paragon of justice and virtue

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I expect the result will be similar. GOP affiliated people will say, "yeah this was not a great move by Trump, but convicting him would be problematic because blahblahblah", and Trump will say TOTAL EXONERATION and be depicted on Twitter as Judge Dredd as a paragon of justice and virtue
I think, if anywhere, it will be Georgia where he will be indicted & go to trial. This documents case is in second place.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I’m completely torn on this one.

On one hand, I’m convinced the US will never allow for an ex-President to be punished in any meaningful way. So if it actually comes to a trial against him, a bunch of lackeys will fall on their swords and Trump will claim he knew nothing about what had been taken, “I’ve never even been to the room in Mar a Lago where the documents were found, it’s a big place, you know”. Or he’ll get off on a technicality.

On the other hand, the State Dep. must be absolutely certain they convict him as if they don’t, they’ll have not only fecked up dem chances in 24 but also destroyed any idea that no one is above the law (and yeah, I know :lol: , but still the optics of it would be catastrophic).

RedDevilQuebecois

Outside of having to go out and vote in elections, do you know what is missing in this battle to crush Trumpism? Americans should have gone in the streets by the hundreds of thousands to demand the man's arrest several times for the various crimes and scandals he's been involved in.

This is how South Korea took down a former president as popular pressure did its share of the work back in 2017. Watching this 5-year-old video at 1:18 is what I mean by protesting. Interestingly, the court decided for Park Geun-hye's arrest only 8 hours 40 minutes after all parties went to court. Take notes, DOJ.

Maticmaker

Not only will he not face any punishment he'll get the nomination for 2024 and probably win.
Yes, surprisingly that could happen.

Watching (at least from this side of the pond) I keep wondering why the democrats keep digging Trump up to see if he is really electorally dead? Why are the democrats even referring to him at all?

I assume in the US the take is different and the Democrats want to punish Trump, but they did that, they took the presidency away from him, why are they now paving his way back to having a go in 2024?

Perhaps there are some '5th Column' types in the democrat's hierarchy, working for Trump? Surely with what is happening in the World the attention shouldn't be on an ex-president, no matter how bad he was, the US president is leader of the free world, shouldn't he be rallying the US friends and allies?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Watching (at least from this side of the pond) I keep wondering why the democrats keep digging Trump up to see if he is really electorally dead? Why are the democrats even referring to him at all?

I assume in the US the take is different and the Democrats want to punish Trump, but they did that, they took the presidency away from him, why are they now paving his way back to having a go in 2024?

Perhaps there are some '5th Column' types in the democrat's hierarchy, working for Trump? Surely with what is happening in the World the attention shouldn't be on an ex-president, no matter how bad he was, the US president is leader of the free world, shouldn't he be rallying the US friends and allies?
Acts of god aside, Trump running in 2024 would be a godsend for Democrats. It would virtually assure Biden retains office. Goading him could very well be sound policy.

Maticmaker

Goading him could very well be sound policy.
You think so? I would tend to see it as the politics of the madhouse. I was under the impression every time they goad him his share of the vote rises and he can play the embattled hero all over again!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You think so? I would tend to see it as the politics of the madhouse. I was under the impression every time they goad him his share of the vote rises and he can play the embattled hero all over again!
His base has shrunk to only 30/35 of the electorate. He will constantly be bringing up 2020 which will further erode his support. Biden won in the suburbs partially through swing Republicans voting for him having become jaded to the Trump brand.

DeSantis is the one who gives me concern. He's savvy enough to subsume Trump's supporters & win back some of the swing Republicans & indy voters.

mav_9me

Cuz Trump is Republican party and Republican party is Trump. The democrats are just fighting their opponents.

Not to forget that the DOJ is doing is just their work.

Also November elections are close.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Not thread for it but this was funny

What percentage of straight male MAGAs would unironically either suck Trump off or at least give him a hand shandy if he sincerely asked them? I bet it’s in the 90s

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
If he sold them, or was blackmailed into sharing them, he’s vulnerable. But even more so are his handlers. This is the key question, really. Was he an agent, or somehow compromised? Personally, I think not. My sense is, he’s just a disturbed egomaniac, a thug.
I don't think any of the countries he could be an agent for would trust him to be one but I can definitely imagine he sold some to make money for himself and as a petty feck you for not being elected President again.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Who appoints the special master?