5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

From what I have seen of him, he has an aspiration to be bang average. I can't believe the fee we paid, but hey.

Let him go and let one of the younsters get some experience.
is that in a united shirt only? If so, i would agree but mainly due to lack of play time.

however, he was far more than average at Ajax

Meep

Victor

I have to add, since this is VDB thread that I really would like him to get a chance against Middlesbrough. I hope he shows some special attitude in training. Last chance maybe.

Stacks

From 28th in the ballon d’or, to bang average. Hilarious.
that's a meaningless accolade based off one CL run. "I once got beat by 27 players, including 3 of my teammates such as Tadic."
I hope donny stays here mainly because Martial leaving on loan and Jesse might as well.

Ralf should keep anyone of Donny or Jesse.

I’d much rather keep donny and let jesse leave.
for what? what has he shown you for you to want to keep him?

romufc

Him going to Palace will do nothing, I doubt he will even start games there over Gallagher.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
You are being too optimistic if you expect a consistent run in the team from those three for varying reasons. I question the sanity of anyone who does any serious planning with Matic in mind after what we saw at Villa Park and been seeing over the years.

The sad thing is that we are being played with promises of not wanting January to interfere with summer signings and we know what will happen in the summer: Judge will spend the rest of the summer chasing Rice and offering way below their valuation and then brief on 3 September about how West Ham were being unreasonable.

Donny has to go for his career but we should bring another midfielder in, if we don't we will regret it when on of Fred, McT or Bruno gets injured. In fact injury notwithstanding its highly naive to expect them to start every match from here on in or counting on Matic when we know he is pretty much semi retired.
Your opinion on Matic doesn't change the fact that he's ahead of VDB in the pecking order and gets to play 90 mins, even when VDB is available.

Ash_G

I look at it similar to Dalot. It's easy to say that X managers haven't played him but Dalot also didn't seem to be in anyone's plans for a while and had been largely written off. Whilst he's not been great by any means he has come in and done a good job and looks increasingly comfortable, particularly from a defensive point of view which most had said he needed to work on. For VDB he's really been given very little opps and maybe he just isn't good enough, we don't see what happens in training, however I think it's harsh to write him off completely as if he got a run of games maybe it would be a different story.

FrantikChicken

I look at it similar to Dalot. It's easy to say that X managers haven't played him but Dalot also didn't seem to be in anyone's plans for a while and had been largely written off. Whilst he's not been great by any means he has come in and done a good job and looks increasingly comfortable, particularly from a defensive point of view which most had said he needed to work on. For VDB he's really been given very little opps and maybe he just isn't good enough, we don't see what happens in training, however I think it's harsh to write him off completely as if he got a run of games maybe it would be a different story.
Thing is Dalot is still 22 years old which seems to pass on a lot of people. He's a young player and still very much developing. He's got another couple of years until he's in Donny's shoes, sort of speak.

Ash_G

Thing is Dalot is still 22 years old which seems to pass on a lot of people. He's a young player and still very much developing. He's got another couple of years until he's in Donny's shoes, sort of speak.
I more meant that getting an actual run of games (I think) has made a big difference to him and that it's hard to really judge VDB without that. I've never felt in the games he's played he was so bad that we couldn't chance giving him a run.

red4ever 79

I more meant that getting an actual run of games (I think) has made a big difference to him and that it's hard to really judge VDB without that. I've never felt in the games he's played he was so bad that we couldn't chance giving him a run.
Fully agree. However, it's common sense. Any player needs a run of games to show how they can integrate into the team. Dalot is reaping the benefit of that now whereas Donny has never really been given that run.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I was wrong on this, Dom Fifield (Palace’s God Tier journo) says it has legs and Donny is keen to come to get game time. Interesting.
Probably just a tenuous link, but DVB's partner is Dennis Bergkamps daughter. I wonder if she's asked her dad to pull some strings with Vieira? would make a bit more sense.

Fully agree. However, it's common sense. Any player needs a run of games to show how they can integrate into the team. Dalot is reaping the benefit of that now whereas Donny has never really been given that run.
Look at how Dalot performed against Villareal. He then got lucky with AWB being suspended (or injured cant remember) took his chance and hasn't looked back.

Can anybody truly say DVB has been given the same chance? no. That's why the fans are on his side. Everybody can see he's been treated quite unfairly. Even if he's dogshit in training (which by most accounts he isn't) I don't really blame him for being unmotivated.

NoPace

Him going to Palace will do nothing, I doubt he will even start games there over Gallagher.
My guess is Vieira wants to play the Barca/Ajax 4-3-3. Palace fans think Macarthur is hurt worse than the club has let on, and they'll both play a lot along with Hughes, with Kouyate sitting so they can both bomb forward a fair bit. Eze plays out wide while he gets back to full fitness.

Also, they're probably thinking that if it goes well and he's happy that they can maybe buy VDB in the summer and have him replace Gallagher next year.

lex talionis

Why not just loan Donny back to Ajax, where we know he will be valued, have a chance to play and excel once again?

Say it's true he's "shit in training". We obviously have no use for a "shit in training" player, so let him go back to a club where his training regimen was deemed acceptable.

Mickson

Why not just loan Donny back to Ajax, where we know he will be valued, have a chance to play and excel once again?

Say it's true he's "shit in training". We obviously have no use for a "shit in training" player, so let him go back to a club where his training regimen was deemed acceptable.
Non-competitive league. What's the point?

SonyaCross493

#FreeDonny Crystal Palace is the perfect club for him. The manager will bulk him up.

Nowhere to hide if he can't get a game at Palace.

romufc

My guess is Vieira wants to play the Barca/Ajax 4-3-3. Palace fans think Macarthur is hurt worse than the club has let on, and they'll both play a lot along with Hughes, with Kouyate sitting so they can both bomb forward a fair bit. Eze plays out wide while he gets back to full fitness.

Also, they're probably thinking that if it goes well and he's happy that they can maybe buy VDB in the summer and have him replace Gallagher next year.
Don't get me wrong, I want him to play and have the similar impact Lingard did at West Ham. I hope he goes and plays really well.

I am worried about game time though.

L1nk

Ohhh myy gooooodddd fine, if that's the case why are we so intent on keeping him!? This whole saga is so dumb at this point

Red Royal

Why does he need to remodel himself into a modern day version of Nobby Stiles. He isn't that player so we either use him for his strengths or let him go. Look down the road at Citeh and they don't seem to be concerned about bench pressing in the gym.

lex talionis

Non-competitive league. What's the point?
Theres certainly no point in Donny remaining at OT. If the book on Donny is that he lacks the physicality required in the PL, that concern doesn’t vanish if he goes to Palace.

Ajax compete well in the CL, actually having destroyed their opponents. Donny’s just wasted a season and a half with United and a half season at Ajax (not sure they need him, but that’s another issue) would be a great place for him to relaunch his career.

Abraxas

Donny Van De Beast...

Honestly though.. he has been here long enough for that to be solved. Sounds.. made up.
Is it?

In his limited game time it seems to have been the main problem. If it is made up then it is at least based on observation.

He's slow, gets lost in games, generally lightweight. It will be interesting to see if in a lower pressure environment he can perform better in the PL.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Ohhh myy gooooodddd fine, if that's the case why are we so intent on keeping him!? This whole saga is so dumb at this point
I wonder if these are the same figures that ruled out players like D and B Silva for United or Isco in his pomp. I know SAF was influencing those targets with some views but I honestly don't trust our scouting or training set up to properly evaluate players.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Shame we don't employ football scouts really as "this guy lacks the physicality to make it in the PL even if he spends an entire summer building muscle mass" is the kind of thing they might spot before we spend millions on him.

Also the physical demands of the PL must be pretty remarkable if he's able to play well against teams like Real Madrid, Juventus, and Spurs in the CL but is unable to make more than four league starts in one and a half seasons against teams like Brighton, Norwich or whoever.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Don't get me wrong, I want him to play and have the similar impact Lingard did at West Ham. I hope he goes and plays really well.

I am worried about game time though.
Jeff Schlupp of LB/LW fame has started our last 5 games in CM, if van de Beek can't get a game ahead of our Jeff he's got no chance at Utd.

Although Jeff does have a PL winners medal to be fair

romufc

Jeff Schlupp of LB/LW fame has started our last 5 games in CM, if van de Beek can't get a game ahead of our Jeff he's got no chance at Utd.

Although Jeff does have a PL winners medal to be fair
Fair enough, I do hope he does well if he goes to Palace.

shazzmufc

It would be great if the loan to Palace goes through. I think a run of games is exactly what Donny needs, and I’m curious to see how they will work both Gallagher and Donny into their starting 11 (if that is the case, which I hope it is).

Personally I don’t buy this ‘lacks physicality’ angle. He hasn’t been given a proper chance to make that judgement and there are players in this league far less bulky than him. I think if he was at any other club in the PL he would have been given more opportunities. Let’s see what happens now.

Gandalf

It would be great if the loan to Palace goes through. I think a run of games is exactly what Donny needs, and I’m curious to see how they will work both Gallagher and Donny into their starting 11 (if that is the case, which I hope it is).

Personally I don’t buy this ‘lacks physicality’ angle. He hasn’t been given a proper chance to make that judgement and there are players in this league far less bulky than him. I think if he was at any other club in the PL he would have been given more opportunities. Let’s see what happens now.
Me neither. I don't think they rate him but the physicality stuff is just journos making stuff up for a story. We need a fan to ask Ralf like they did with Jesse, we know Mr. Rangnick is brutally honest.

crossy1686

career ending

Probably hoping he bulks up some more or waiting for a decent offer from someone. He won't make it in England though, at least he gave it a shot.

Gfooty

As if it would help his game any if he goes full Akinfenwa. Stupid excuses, let him go or play him.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It's incredible people are buying this regurgitated physicality nonsense, when Donny is 6 foot and clearly stronger than Fred.

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s sure a strange one this isn’t it.

Id like to see him go on loan so we can all actually find out what he’s about once and for all!

Sviken

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely horseshit and I refuse to believe this is true. Fred literally gets bullied like a little kid in every match, but DVB lacks the physicality even though every time he has been allowed to play he gets stuck in and wins the ball more often than not?

I wonder if these are the same figures that ruled out players like D and B Silva for United or Isco in his pomp. I know SAF was influencing those targets with some views but I honestly don't trust our scouting or training set up to properly evaluate players.
There do seem to be a lot of ‘figures’ at the moment. The ‘figures,’ leaking to the press, seem to be a bigger issue than any particular underperforming player atm.

Gandalf

There do seem to be a lot of ‘figures’ at the moment. The ‘figures,’ leaking to the press, seem to be a bigger issue than any particular underperforming player atm.
I would not say the figures are a problem because they do not exist. Journalists are going to write any old ABU nonsense they want but they hide behind "figures" when they are making stuff up and use "sources" when a player says something but they want to make it seem like the player is not running his mouth. Just this week the "sources" close to Jesse have been very busy spilling the beans, beans. beans but nobody is buying that it is anyone other than Jesse on his direct line to his favoured journo.

Status
Not open for further replies.