g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Donny van de Beek image 34

Donny van de Beek Netherlands flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Nugget

Not sure where he should have played today. Pogba was much better second half and VDB would not do the off the ball work like Fred did - especially when Wolves were countering a lot. We needed a goal so Cavani and Martial were the right subs - once we scored - he possibly could have come on for Bruno - but that’s about it

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Fernandes was awful today. Absolutely awful.

Yet DVB not even provided with a chance to come on?

I don't get it.
Because Bruno playing like shit is capable of pulling a brilliancy out of his arse (and has done so in the past) and VDB isn't deemed good enough by Ole to disrupt the team/formation to get him on the pitch together with Bruno.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Do you only pay attention to the game when Man Utd have the ball? Because even in this game, he had vital interceptions and was defending all over the pitch, including at left back and right back.

No he wasn't and no he wasn't that good in any of those games. I watched most of those EL/CL games and all the big games vs Fey/Az/PSV in the Eredivisie.
He's a very limited player that has decent work rate, can only play one touch, and is clever around the box.
With or without the ball, he's been poor and almost cost us twice in the first 5 mins

Edy2

Just sell him, if he can't get in this terrible midfield he has no future here.

MattofManchester

No he wasn't and no he wasn't that good in any of those games. I watched most of those EL/CL games and all the big games vs Fey/Az/PSV in the Eredivisie.
He's a very limited player that has decent work rate, can only play one touch, and is clever around the box.
Weird opinion. He was excellent for Ajax, only outshine by the likes of De Jong and De Ligt.

Against Chelsea and Spurs, he stood out as a very good player.

Everyone at Ajax rated him highly, but a level below De Jong.

I sometimes wonder where you lot get your opinions from.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Weird opinion. He was excellent for Ajax, only outshine by the likes of De Jong and De Ligt.

Against Chelsea and Spurs, he stood out as a very good player.

Everyone at Ajax rated him highly, but a level below De Jong.

I sometimes wonder where you lot get your opinions from.
By watching literally all of Ajax's games vs quality sides?
De Jong, De Ligt, Onana, Ziyech. We bought Ajax's 5th best player.

You can check out his highlights from all those games and see he's nothing special. Literally the only reason he has such a high fee is because he's managed to score in big games. Ajax's rates all their kids highly, it's part of their sales tactics.

Dominos

Not sure where he should have played today. Pogba was much better second half and VDB would not do the off the ball work like Fred did - especially when Wolves were countering a lot. We needed a goal so Cavani and Martial were the right subs - once we scored - he possibly could have come on for Bruno - but that’s about it
Pogba has been playing well in the attacking role on the left. We move him back to the double pivot and as expected he has a stinker.

VDB should be given a chance alongside Fred or Mctominay, if only to allow Pogba to play higher up the pitch where he can hurt the opposition rather than hurt us.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Pogba has been playing well in the attacking role on the left. We move him back to the double pivot and as expected he has a stinker.

VDB should be given a chance alongside Fred or Mctominay, if only to allow Pogba to play higher up the pitch where he can hurt the opposition rather than hurt us.
Fred had a stinker so not sure why you’re mentioning him as an option

Dominos

Fred had a stinker so not sure why you’re mentioning him as an option
Because Fred can only play where he plays.

Pogba can play a position where he's got 5 assist in 2 games. And we moved him away from there for no reason.

Cassidy

Because Fred can only play where he plays.

Pogba can play a position where he's got 5 assist in 2 games. And we moved him away from there for no reason.
Fred can also not play…

izec

Donny wont play in midfield in any important game, except for a sub when we chase a game perhaps. He is the Bruno/Pogba/Lingard backup.

We should just sell him, to raise funds, if we cant or dont want to ship out Lingard and James

Cassidy

Yes, well done.

Matic is just as bad, and Mctominay is injured. So not a lot of choice.
VDB can play as the 6 next to Pogba and pull Bruno to play as an 8 instead of false 9

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I just don’t understand why he couldn’t have played in the midfield two today. Him and Fred would still be more solid than Fred and Pogba so it can’t be for defensive contributions.

croadyman

After today I am absolutely convinced he would only get near the first XI with injuries to Fred, McTominay & Matic

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
It’s clear that we should have went for a midfield 2 with Pogba further forward as he is the link between the midfield and attack which just wasn’t there today. VDB surely isn’t going to last here. Barely played last year, like at all and even when we have injuries we still do everything to avoid playing him.
Not an Ole signing or an Ole signing that he just has no clue how to use effectively. Probably the latter.

Devil may care

All of the arguing over whether he is good enough or not won't change the fact Ole clearly doesn't rate him, 3 games and not a single minute, surely he'll try to get out in the next 2 days if he wants to be in the Dutch World Cup squad.

Huh? :confused:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If we can get anywhere near the fee we paid back, he needs shipping asap.

Kaos

After today I am absolutely convinced he would only get near the first XI with injuries to Fred, McTominay & Matic
Even then I wouldn't be sure. Ole would probably then play Lindelof and Phil Jones there, or even Michael Carrick and Mike Phelan.

SAFMUTD

I think he'll be sold or loaned before the window ends. With the world cup being next year and his place in the national team jeopardized I don't think he'll want to stay.

No matter what Ole says it's clear he doesn't fancy it, if he can't even get minutes at the moment the smart move would be to sell or loan him.

HaliRed

I think if I am Donny, I have to be wondering about the decision for the gaffer not starting me today.

I understand you have to win your spot in the team, but....

McSauce is out injured. We needed a midfielder who is good under pressure with Fred and Matic lost his spot last weekend.

Pogba fits that bill but why move him from a position where he has 5 assists from already this season? Pogba likely should have stayed at left forward and Donny should have slotted in next to Fred.

Not to mention that Donnie also played very well against Wolves last time out.

I am not one saying he absolutely needs to be given a chance, nor do I want him to leave because it's good to have quality depth, but either way, this is not about me, the United fan.

If I am the player, however, I would have to be wondering about my future with United.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Status
Not open for further replies.