View full 2023-24 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should've gone after someone like Fabinho or Silva from that excellent Monaco team. But of course, it's the Ajax semifinalists that we wanted.

the worst player I have ever seen. he wouldn't stand out in United's women's team.

We should've gone after someone like Fabinho or Silva from that excellent Monaco team. But of course, it's the Ajax semifinalists that we wanted.

Ajax getting to that semi final, and losing to Spurs by the way, is the worst thing to happen to Manchester United since a horse born in 1999.

The problem isn't that we bought him (these kind of transfers happen) but it's more the fact that he's still here after 3 years. We should've binned him after 1 year. Just typical and exemplifies everything wrong with this club.

Year left on his contract so hopefully we'll be able to sell this summer finally. Really hasn't worked out at all.

Year left on his contract so hopefully we'll be able to sell this summer finally. Really hasn't worked out at all.
Can't see anyone buying at any price. Most likely we'll have to just pay off his contract.

Don’t see anyone being interested in his services if they have to pay him. The guys has not shown any consistent form / quality in the last 2/3 years. We should try to offload him by setting him on the transfer list at €0m and let all potential clubs know he would be available for free. Saving all or signing part of his wages for last 12 month would also be a succes criteria

Was having a look at some stats and Beek has the highest xG per 90 and xA per 90 of any player in the PL this season by miles with 2.91 and 5.91. :cool:

He played one minute, apparently. :lol:

I forgot we had this guy. Not seen anyone linked with him at all. Hopefully we get a bit of money from selling him.

If we manage to get rid now I reckon it will just be a case of letting him go for free a year early like we did with Bailly. No-one is going to pay for a guy who’s barely kicked a ball for 4 years (and done next to nothing when he has).

See no logic in taking him on tour either assuming he’s still with us. Would rather give those minutes to someone coming through who we think has a chance.

His agent is apparently on the case trying to get him a move to Spain or Italy. Girona and Lazio were mentioned like a month ago, but it's been predictably quiet.

My money is on us scrambling to find him a loan on deadline day.

Ajax getting to that semi final, and losing to Spurs by the way, is the worst thing to happen to Manchester United since a horse born in 1999.

Rock of Gibraltar forcing the Glazers to buy out a minority shareholder a year after an out-of-court settlement is some work for a horse.

Seriously, do even our own supporters buy such nonsense?

Wish Donny all the best. Moving to us has been disastrous for him. Hopefully, he can get his career going again elsewhere

The invisible man. One of the weirdest purchases I've seen in my years following united. Hope we can move him on for some money but suspect that's wishful thinking.

I really feel like one more loan with an option to buy will do the trick.

Surely someone out there would give us 10/15m. He’ll be decent in someone’s team.
Frankfurt had him and after seeing him in training decided he is not even worth to be registered in their Conference League squad, instead gave that spot to a random youth player you will never hear about. That's a damning valuation amd doesn't sound like 10-15m to me.

- High wages
- Many injuries
- Limited game time last 3-4 years
- No impact at any club post Ajax (United, Everton, Frankfurt)
- 1 year left on his contract

Please do not expect anyone to pay for him. Realistically speaking we have three option
1) Loan him out for the remainder of his contract period and pay part of his wage (we would save part of wages)
2) Use him as a squad player (we pay full wages) for the last year
3) Agree on a termination where we pay part of his wages up front (we would save part of wages)

- High wages
- Many injuries
- Limited game time last 3-4 years
- No impact at any club post Ajax (United, Everton, Frankfurt)
- 1 year left on his contract

Please do not expect anyone to pay for him. Realistically speaking we have three option
1) Loan him out for the remainder of his contract period and pay part of his wage (we would save part of wages)
2) Use him as a squad player (we pay full wages) for the last year
3) Agree on a termination where we pay part of his wages up front (we would save part of wages)

This. Though I’d say 1 or 3 are more likely than 2. We’re basically in the position we were with Bailly last summer.

He is an early retired footballer that we are stuck with. Nobody wants to buy him for sure, everybody who loaned him has regretted it so - that option has dried up, as well.

We are lucky if we can let him go for free and get him off our wage budget, otherwise we will have to pay him off to even get rid of him. Absolute shambles of a situation

The problem isn't that we bought him (these kind of transfers happen) but it's more the fact that he's still here after 3 years. We should've binned him after 1 year. Just typical and exemplifies everything wrong with this club.

Yes if we accept mistakes can be made, United as a club should've moved him on while he still had some Ajax hype and interest, for his benefit and ours. We've got nothing for it and the player has sadly got stuck in a rut.

The club has shown too many times they don't know when to buy, what wages and when to look elsewhere and when to cut the losses and sell. Very backwards and sentimental.

Why would anyone pay 10-15m for him?
Why would anyone of bought the likes of jack Rodwell for 10m or Fabian Delph for 8m. There are teams on low budgets that will be looking for players on the cheap. He’ll do a job for a mid league team.

Status
Not open for further replies.