View full 2023-24 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
It's sad how low the bar/expectations are for Donnie the Enigma nowadays. A backheel's about the only thing of note!!!
its about the only thing of note he has ever done for the club. So its understandable it got some reaction

Bobski

Nothing wrong with that sub really, he does have a nose for the ball in the box.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Nothing wrong with that sub really, he does have a nose for the ball in the box.
No point playing him though. He likes to make runs and don't dwell on the ball, preferably pass first touch. Mount was constantly making himself available but hardly ever got the pass. DVB wouldn't either.

Bobski

No point playing him though. He likes to make runs and don't dwell on the ball, preferably pass first touch. Mount was constantly making himself available but hardly ever got the pass. DVB wouldn't either.
If it was 20 mins to go I would agree with you but with 3? Just hoping he can get on the end of something will have been the logic.

lex talionis

Donny did nothing in the six minutes he was on the pitch every fifth match, just like under Ole. A complete fraud of a footballer.

jem

I realize this is the height of desperation, but wasn't there talk during his first season that he could play a multitude of positions? Is it completely inconceivable that he play in a midfield 3 along with Casemiro/Amrabat and Mount/Bruno? Like I said, desperation...

Stig

How on earth did we chase somebody for 2 years, pay top dollar, and then is it 4 managers that have not played him ?

It's farcical.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He was being used as a sub only a few weeks ago, now he's gone missing again. Is he injured? He's been the absolute epitome of a nothing player for us. Such a bad signing.

Everyone thought ETH would get him going as he should know where to use him, but even he's ignored him. Probably more than any other manager. You have to feel sorry for the guy at this stage.

Sylar

I got reminded he was still here. So we couldnt get him a loan and hes here doing nothing? What a life.

Rossa

I got reminded he was still here. So we couldnt get him a loan and hes here doing nothing? What a life.
It boggles the mind, doesn't it? He looks to me to be a player with some football intelligence, but he completely lacks any physical attributes to pull it off in the PL. He does a twist and creates space for himself, but he is so slow that opposition defenders close him down before he is able to get to the ball. He moves into space, but again, his complete lack of physicality means that he is brushed off the ball or he is caught.

There are players in the league who aren't very physical, but he doesn't make up for it with great ball control, dribbling or passing. He looks to be completely average at all of those things alongside being one of the weakest and slowest players in the league - nothing he ever tries comes off...

He's not a bad footballer; the league is just too quick for him.

spiriticon

How have we not sold him, loaned him or even released him?

It's just pointless now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Beginning to think he might not make it here

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s at the wrong team. He has clear limitations of course, but there are certain setups where he can strengths can be accentuated and it isn’t here.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Needs more time. We used to still call Jesse Lingard "a kid" at Donny's age. ;)

tomaldinho1

Wonder if we might get a rare sighting of the lesser spotted Beek tonight

Sylar

It boggles the mind, doesn't it? He looks to me to be a player with some football intelligence, but he completely lacks any physical attributes to pull it off in the PL. He does a twist and creates space for himself, but he is so slow that opposition defenders close him down before he is able to get to the ball. He moves into space, but again, his complete lack of physicality means that he is brushed off the ball or he is caught.

There are players in the league who aren't very physical, but he doesn't make up for it with great ball control, dribbling or passing. He looks to be completely average at all of those things alongside being one of the weakest and slowest players in the league - nothing he ever tries comes off...

He's not a bad footballer; the league is just too quick for him.
Going on loan to Everton with lampard made no sense at all.
But yeah I agree with you, he just doesn't seem suited for this league. He's had four managers in this country including his ol boss, and he's still not fancied at all. Any position he might play we have maybe two or three better players for there.

Maybe he could have suited this league at a mid club where he might get more time but I think it's too late for that now.

Him not being on loan or sold is mad. Would be funny if he plays tonight now haha

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’s mad how at one point he was one of about 15 players on first team wages, and signed for a decent fee who just never plays because he isn’t good enough. If we’d sold early we would have made most of our money back on these players but no we just run our assets value into the ground and then some. It’s handy when you want to ignore better players who come on the market. Sorry but we’ve already got Donny :lol: It’s madness to put it kindly. Wouldn’t it have been better to get 15-20 million for him after his terrible first year here or attempted to use him in a swap for an Ajax player we could actually use? Anything that remotely makes any footballing sense is clearly out with us.

Sylar

It’s mad how at one point he was one of about 15 players on first team wages, and signed for a decent fee who just never plays because he isn’t good enough. If we’d sold early we would have made most of our money back but no we just run our assets value into the ground and then some. It’s madness to put it kindly. Wouldn’t it have been better to get 15-20 million for him after his terrible first year here or attempted to use him in a swap for an Ajax player we could actually use? Anything that remotely makes any footballing sense is clearly out with us.
Agree but our structure is so shit that every time a manager is replaced we basically give the players a clean slate and a second third or fourth chance.
We've seen it happen with quite a few number of players and then we lose them on a free and can't reinvest the money we should be able to

Ibi Dreams

It’s mad how at one point he was one of about 15 players on first team wages, and signed for a decent fee who just never plays because he isn’t good enough. If we’d sold early we would have made most of our money back on these players but no we just run our assets value into the ground and then some. It’s handy when you want to ignore better players who come on the market. Sorry but we’ve already got Donny :lol: It’s madness to put it kindly. Wouldn’t it have been better to get 15-20 million for him after his terrible first year here or attempted to use him in a swap for an Ajax player we could actually use? Anything that remotely makes any footballing sense is clearly out with us.
Not only that, but we've completely fecked his career. Three years of basically being a non player. Any development he could have made (he was 23 when he signed) is out the window, and it's hard to see who will even be interested in him now. He was clearly a decent player once, I feel for him

Ekeke

In hindsight yes but unless a player actually hates it there and is desperate to leave ala Lukaku and Di Maria who have said as much then it is reasonable to think okay a player was dissappointing first season but now they should be settled and prove themselves in the 2nd season. The problem is we give players a 3rd season, with no real plan how to use them to their actual ability and never cut our losses. 2 seasons and out would be a reasonable strategy unless there are specific circumstances and once in a while we give a 3rd go.

AndySmith1990

Not only that, but we've completely fecked his career. Three years of basically being a non player. Any development he could have made (he was 23 when he signed) is out the window, and it's hard to see who will even be interested in him now. He was clearly a decent player once, I feel for him
His career is in his own hands. He could either improve and play more here, or hand in a transfer request and leave. The club hasn't forced him to stay against his will

Dansk

I had similar thoughts, but at the same time, he offered absolutely nothing anytime he played. Completely forgettable performances. I don't remember if he ever had so much as one genuinely good game. He has failed to make any sort of impact at all, so it's not as if the club did him wrong. He might just be the kind of player whose niche is to do fairly well in a small pond like the Eredivisie. He hasn't exactly been a hero of their national team, either.

Red Royal

I had similar thoughts, but at the same time, he offered absolutely nothing anytime he played. Completely forgettable performances. I don't remember if he ever had so much as one genuinely good game. He has failed to make any sort of impact at all, so it's not as if the club did him wrong. He might just be the kind of player whose niche is to do fairly well in a small pond like the Eredivisie. He hasn't exactly been a hero of their national team, eithe.
To think that he scored on his debut... what a poor transfer for all parties.

Bobski

The mad thing it that it was pretty much obvious after about 3 games that he didn't have what was needed but a sizable portion of the fanbase championed him for a long time, even creating conspiracy theories around his non selection. I mean, it was staring people in the face that he wasn't good enough, and he only had to be a better option than Fred or McT.

Last edited: