View full 2023-24 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel a bit sorry for players like him. Flying at Ajax and gets a big move at 23ish then absolutely stagnates and sits at home for 4 years. Must be psychologically quite damaging.
He could've been more proactive in pushing for a move and trying to find a new club if he really wanted to play.

I still struggle to see why he isn't capable of being a system player under EtH, he must know what he wants and at least be a press resistant option for us while Eriksen is injuried.

He scored goals at Ajax and looked good in the champions league, EtH clearly thinks that Scott McTominay offers so much more, he sees them both in training every day so I guess he knows best but it seems strange

Feel a bit sorry for players like him. Flying at Ajax and gets a big move at 23ish then absolutely stagnates and sits at home for 4 years. Must be psychologically quite damaging.

We seem to be in the habit of regressing careers for one reason or another. Signing for Utd is not what is used to be. Mostly down to the unstable environment.

We seem to be in the habit of regressing careers for one reason or another. Signing for Utd is not what is used to be. Mostly down to the unstable environment.

I also think we've become quite good at giving contracts to professional footballers who don't really care too much about the actual playing football part.

I also think we've become quite good at giving contracts to professional footballers who don't really care too much about the actual playing football part.

The excessive wages has definitely been an issue. Mostly before they’ve even done anything at the clubs. Hopefully this will be reviewed under the new arrangements.

I still struggle to see why he isn't capable of being a system player under EtH, he must know what he wants and at least be a press resistant option for us while Eriksen is injuried.

He scored goals at Ajax and looked good in the champions league, EtH clearly thinks that Scott McTominay offers so much more, he sees them both in training every day so I guess he knows best but it seems strange

DVB
Amrabat Maino​

He's quite obviously not up to the standard.

I don't think there's anything more to it.

Id actually like to see how Donny operates behind Hojlund. Both have decent movement around the box. Would be interesting to see at least once.
In my favored formation would probably be

Garnacho Hojland
(swap one of the above with McTominay)
Bruno
Mount(or DVB)
Amrabat Maino​

it’s a narrow team yes but our width play isn’t good, except from the occasional cross by Dalot.

You know we are desperate when people are trying to convince themselves that Donny could be the answer.

But feck it, why not, can't be any worse than what we are seeing.

ETH never gave him even a little bit of chance, is he that incredibly shit in training?
He scored and assisted in pre season didn't he? What harm is there in giving him a chance?

Same reason as Eth. looked good in the CL for one season doesn't make you elite or great.

ETH never gave him even a little bit of chance, is he that incredibly shit in training?
He scored and assisted in pre season didn't he? What harm is there in giving him a chance?
why does Manchester United need to give trash players whom we know all about, a chance? We do this with all our underwhelming players and they NEVER show us anything different.

It's one of the most bizarre situations of the past few years. He was integral to Ten Hag's Ajax team and we're bereft of midfielders. Yet it's not even just Ten Hag, Solskjaer (who signed him) wasn't interested nor Everton, and we seem incapable of drumming up interest in him.

It's one of the most bizarre situations of the past few years. He was integral to Ten Hag's Ajax team and we're bereft of midfielders. Yet it's not even just Ten Hag, Solskjaer (who signed him) wasn't interested nor Everton, and we seem incapable of drumming up interest in him.

He was not integral. He was a workhorse with an appetite for goals. Ziyech was integral, Frenkie de Jong was integral. Schone was just as important as Donny. Sure, he played some amazing games but in the 2018/19 season everybody was amazing.

He was not integral. He was a workhorse with an appetite for goals. Ziyech was integral, Frenkie de Jong was integral. Schone was just as important as Donny. Sure, he played some amazing games but in the 2018/19 season everybody was amazing.
Unreliable narrator.

And he also seems to have very little interest in resurrecting his career. Strange situation all around.

Crazy how a club like United can never sell deadwood players i wouldn't be shocked if its not a obligation to buy either

Been a great player for us and a wonderful addition to English football

Hopefully the 6 months in Germany before he returns will go quickly

Good luck to him, hope he regains his form. I can't help but feel we screwed him up, like we do with a lot of players. The toxicity of United is infectious, only the most tough survive and at this rate, its been the guy who is injured and his name is Lisandro.

Van de Beek was always a nice and tidy footballer with limited ability to beat a man, never the type of player we should have been signing, not elite quality or potential

Or the fall out of love with it due to the environment, or lack of sustained success? Who knows...

Good luck to him, hope he regains his form. I can't help but feel we screwed him up, like we do with a lot of players. The toxicity of United is infectious, only the most tough survive and at this rate, its been the guy who is injured and his name is Lisandro.
he was shite at Everton also. Can't blame United for his shortcomings

Van de Beek was always a nice and tidy footballer with limited ability to beat a man, never the type of player we should have been signing, not elite quality or potential

Now people are saying he was never that good, bla-bla-bla, but he was nominated for the Ballon d'Or the year before he joined Man United... Let that sink

Either we are the unluckiest club in the world, or one of the most poorly run clubs in the world

Now people are saying he was never that good, bla-bla-bla, but he was nominated for the Ballon d'Or the year before he joined Man United... Let that sink

Either we are the unluckiest club in the world, or one of the most poorly run clubs in the world
man stop. He got less points than like 5 or 6 of his own teammates and some pretty ass players were also nominated

man stop. He got less points than like 5 or 6 of his own teammates and some pretty ass players were also nominated
Sure, somehow McTominay never got nominated even among those "ass" players ;)

Nobody says he is world class, but the fact that we got him at the top of his career, and he hasn't started even 10 games across 3 years for us is factually pathetic. Pathetic recruitement, pathetic management, or pathetically bad luck - I will let you decide which one of those three,

I remember the joy from our fanbase when we signed him whilst I was gutted. Well, I'm feeling a bit of that joy myself now. Terrible footballer.

I can only think that he must be terrible in training.
ETH doesn't believe he is good enough.
Ole certainly didn't think he was good enough.

Sabitzer was better than Donny, had a bit more grit and confidence to try things. Mount in theory should be better than Sabitzer, quicker and more mobile, far better in the press, good link up play but also gives a bit of ball carrying.

If he fails then maybe Utd stop going for the same type of player.

Fairly obvious that Donny didn't have enough after about 3 games for Utd, there is no great mystery there.

Really shouldn't still be here but we're rubbish at moving on players for any sort of fee. Despite how consistently gash we have been, no manager seems to fancy giving him a start.

Perhaps whilst Martial is nursing his chilblains or has once more injured himself stepping down off a rug they go bowling or fishing together.

Status
Not open for further replies.