Donny van de Beek | van de Beek's father: "[Moving to United] a dream come true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We're all waiting and hoping for Sancho but if you take a step back and look at our front 4 as it is with Pogba and another behind them and now potentially another CAM of quality to come in off of the bench rather than it being Lingard or Andreas then it actually is reason for excitement
We are getting better slowly it's true. I don't see a squad or manager capable of finishing higher than third though. But Sancho, Kanté and a top CD would have a big job changing that to be fair.

MemphisThePie

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Will be nice having Donny with Bruno and Poggy instead of Matic against busparking teams.

Nick7

To anyone not aware of its origins (myself included) and for any causal observer it doesn’t come across that way?

So to be clear this is ok to post at another member without consequence? If so it may well be my new favourite thing!
The fact it was a reply to such an innocuous post should give it away.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Attack the space!
that was bloody awesome. I thought he had a point. Though I wasn’t sure about articulation myself. The fact that Attack the space still a meme on the caf is legendary.

Not seen him that I remember anyway, where is he going to fit in within our squad?
I don't know anything either, but from what I've read today, he's an all action midfielder who can adapt his game to be offensive or defensive. If this is correct, he will certainly bring another option for us. We have Matic, McTominay and Fred to rotate, so the competition will be fierce. A number of clubs were interested, including Real Madrid, which is encouraging. Let's hope circa 40 million proves a bargain.

Paxi

At least @esmufc07 didn't go with this one.

Who the feck are you? You thick Irish cnut. You started asking fecking wanker questions about, thinking about building a fecking wall. If you know feck all about it, then ask some fecker who does, good thinking. But then you don't fecking want any help?

I have built houses in 4 different counties in Ireland, so I fecking know a little about planning regulations.

I asked you if you were in the north or the south because the north is part of the fecking UK you dosy cnut, diferent rules altogether.

Go build your fecking wall, do it however you want to, its not a problem to me, I just felt sorry for a thick cnut and thought I might help you out a bit. I live and learn. I won't try to help any thick useless cnut again, be jeesus.
:lol:

Paxi

It was a legendary thread :lol:
He kept trying to delete it as well. Awk I felt sorry for him. It was a bit of a pile on at the end but my lord it was hilarious at the same time.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't know anything either, but from what I've read today, he's an all action midfielder who can adapt his game to be offensive or defensive. If this is correct, he will certainly bring another option for us. We have Matic, McTominay and Fred to rotate, so the competition will be fierce. A number of clubs were interested, including Real Madrid, which is encouraging. Let's hope circa 40 million proves a bargain.
Ah so probably there to replace the aging matic? With the flexibility to move further up top incase of injuries / tactical changes. Sounds good.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Van de Beek will no doubt be a wall in front of our defence.

Both in the North and the South of the UK.

Paxi

Someone made an animation of that efight between Baz and Solvista, I cant find it, could someone send me a link if they know what I’m talking about? It was absolutely hilarious.

Ekeke

We'll see what the plans are for him but on the face of it I can't see why if we're looking at Ajax players we didnt use this money on Lisandro Martinez. He's A) Played DM this season for Ajax B) Was considered a CB before he moved there, so he can play either position and played 11 games at CB for Ajax too C) He's left footed. He could either have partnered Maguire at CB and filled Rojo's role as the left footed option or taken over from Matic in midfield. Its hard to see why DVB, who at times played right next to him is chosen instead when we have players who do similar things already. But heres hoping he hits the ground running like Bruno anyway

CiroDiMarzio

Been very impressed by him the little I have seen him play. I'm genuinely baffled by the "he's not a starter/where is he going to play? " comments. The most glaring issue with that squad is depth, and he is a massive improvement in that regard. Obviously more is needed to challenge but I have a strong feeling this will go down as a very good signing.

alexthelion

I just don't think he's good, Penna. Just because a player signs for us doesn't mean you should instantly change your opinion on a player you've held for a long time due to already watching him. Honestly, F.De Jong was the only Ajax player I thought would go on to be class from the crop that reached the European semis.
Yet Van de Beek was often better in CL games than de Jong.

Go figure.

Robbie Boy

He kept trying to delete it as well. Awk I felt sorry for him. It was a bit of a pile on at the end but my lord it was hilarious at the same time.
Think Boss brought a-lot on himself tbh, but he was a decent lad all the same. He just had his ways about him. Once I got used to him, I learned to appreciate him. Pity he left.

SamVimes

For me the question I am asking myself is, is he an upgrade on Lingard, Pereira, Fred and McTominay? Based on what I have seen the answer is yes. Remember we played 61 games last season and you cannot do that with just 11 first team starters. We had Fred, McTominay, Pereira in midfield when we lost away to Bournemouth lat season.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
We most definitely were not well stocked with options. On your last sentence, imagine how our season could’ve been without wasting half of it.
Imagine if he signed at the beginning of the season and was burnt out by January? All conjecture unless it's a known quantity.

Beginning of the season we had Fred mctominay matic pogba lingard perriera, well stocked. Didn't say it was all quality in that midfield selection but during the previous season these midfield players got ole the job due to the unbeaten run at the beginning of his tenure. He showed faith in them and it didn't pan out the way it should have.

Paxi

Think Boss brought a-lot on himself tbh, but he was a decent lad all the same. He just had his ways about him. Once I got used to him, I learned to appreciate him. Pity he left.
Yeah I was a newbie back then.. and didn’t post or read the caf as much as I do now but I remember that thread well.

acnumber9

Imagine if he signed at the beginning of the season and was burnt out by January? All conjecture unless it's a known quantity.

Beginning of the season we had Fred mctominay matic pogba lingard perriera, well stocked. Didn't say it was all quality in that midfield selection but during the previous season these midfield players got ole the job due to the unbeaten run at the beginning of his tenure. He showed faith in them and it didn't pan out the way it should have.
Might as well sign all our players in January then.

Status
Not open for further replies.