dos Santos to Spurs - looks like it

davisjw

He's a solid player, young and still learning. However, little guys like him just aren't build for the EPL. That's why I don't think Taarbt (or however you spell it) will do well if he stays with QPR. Modric gets by because he doesn't hold onto the ball, but these sorts of players are dribblers.

RedRover

He's a solid player, young and still learning. However, little guys like him just aren't build for the EPL. That's why I don't think Taarbt (or however you spell it) will do well if he stays with QPR. Modric gets by because he doesn't hold onto the ball, but these sorts of players are dribblers.
Difference is, Taarabt has shown he call take a shoeing in the Championship and still light it up pretty much every game, whereas when Dos Santos was on loan at Ipswich we was nowhere near as impressive.

Think Taarabt could become a very good player at the right club and with a bit of guidance.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Physically Taarabt was well able for the Championship. So I don’t see why he wouldn’t be well able for the PL as for as strength is concerned

Such a myth that you have to be big and strong to make in England.

MrK

Difference is, Taarabt has shown he call take a shoeing in the Championship and still light it up pretty much every game, whereas when Dos Santos was on loan at Ipswich we was nowhere near as impressive.

Think Taarabt could become a very good player at the right club and with a bit of guidance.
Dos Santos for Ipswich: 8 games, 4 goals, 1 assist

Not sure what position he was playing for, but that's a decent return even for a striker

davisjw

Physically Taarabt was well able for the Championship. So I don’t see why he wouldn’t be well able for the PL as for as strength is concerned

Such a myth that you have to be big and strong to make in England.
But I tend to find that the Championship is full of brute, whereas in the PL you'll face brute force AND ability i.e. Vidic, Kompany, Terry, etc.

Championship defenders are completely different. It's easier to get around a tree than a tree capable of positioning itself so you smack right into it at every turn.

AttackingFlair

But I tend to find that the Championship is full of brute, whereas in the PL you'll face brute force AND ability i.e. Vidic, Kompany, Terry, etc.

Championship defenders are completely different. It's easier to get around a tree than a tree capable of positioning itself so you smack right into it at every turn.
You're acting like he's going to play as a lone striker or something and even then, not all the PL teams have top quality defenders. There's plenty of examples of smaller players making it in the PL. If he doesn't make it in the PL, it won't be because of his size.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Apparently he's 1.80m and 69kg. Nani for example is 1.75m and 66kg.