Douglas Costa - The Spitter

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Hey, it’s the guy who gets offended at suspicion of racism. Surely he doesn’t feel targeted himself, does he?

Get real, it’s far from the realm of impossibility that racism may be involved, especially in Serie A.
Yeah he has a point. We went from innocent till proven guilty to being lazy with accusation. (Not agreeing) just saying one is as bad as the other without proper investigation.
-----
I'm kinda confused as to how the headbutt was given as a yellow card by the officials. I would have thought you couldn't get an easier red card. It boggles the mind in this day and age how people can't see the truth right in front of them.

Last edited:

Trizy

Disgraceful. Should get a huge ban to stamp it out before it comes a thing.

Ffs even Costa wouldn't stoop that low. He'd wipe a snot on you but wouldn't spit in your face.

peridigm

Disgraceful. Should get a huge ban to stamp it out before it comes a thing.

Ffs even Costa wouldn't stoop that low. He'd wipe a snot on you but wouldn't spit in your face.
Should be out for the season. It’s fecking disgusting.

Champagne Football

This highlights again the genius of Sir Alex. He pulled the plug on a deal for Douglas Costa when he was a teen at the last second believing him to be the wrong type of character for the club once he heard Costa had been fined for drink driving. Many Utd fans at the time were well pissed off with this and couldn't understand why he had pulled the plug on one of Brazil's top young talents for something that didn't seem too bad.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Strange, never struck me as that sort although of course completely unacceptable.

Did he ever have disciplinary issues for Brazil or Bayern, can't think of any.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
This highlights again the genius of Sir Alex. He pulled the plug on a deal for Douglas Costa when he was a teen at the last second believing him to be the wrong type of character for the club once he heard Costa had been fined for drink driving. Many Utd fans at the time were well pissed off with this and couldn't understand why he had pulled the plug on one of Brazil's top young talents for something that didn't seem too bad.
I can't tell if this is a serious post...

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
So, a black player spits at a player with a history of making fascist gestures and only a handful of posters stated thst they felt that racism is what caused the incident?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Posted an apology on IG. Evra's comment is a gem :lol:

paulscholes18

The was a incident a few minutes before where Costa went down holding his face, but didn’t look like their was much init on the replay, don’t know if Di Francesco was the player involved

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Take less valium and you will then see it's not as hard to understand as you first thought
Douglas Costa is a Brazil international and regarded as a top class winger, not some flop SFA avoided. This situation speaks nothing to the genius or greatness of SFA or anything of the sort. One of the weirdest posts I've seen on here.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So, a black player spits at a player with a history of making fascist gestures and only a handful of posters stated thst they felt that racism is what caused the incident?
Well there's no mention of it from Costa and it looks like he was running round the pitch being a cnut so I'm not that sure why it's being mentioned at this stage myself?
Unless he comes out and says something it seems like a weird excuse to be making.

Achilles McCool

I’m a “glass half full” optimist, but am I the only one who thinks this incident could make Dougie “Fresh” Costa consider leaving Juve and moving abroad to an English team desperate for a proper RW?
:devil::devil::drool:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I’m a “glass half full” optimist, but am I the only one who thinks this incident could make Dougie “Fresh” Costa consider leaving Juve and moving abroad to an English team desperate for a proper RW?
:devil::devil::drool:
Would allow Liverpool to sell Salah for that netspend $$$! Im sure Carragher approves.

haram

How does the other player not start swinging for Costa...

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
I know some footballers drink and drive but that is an absolutely irresponsible thing to do as you are risking other people's lives. How do you even brush it off as a non-incident?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Disgusting. Disgusting in every imaginable form, whether it’s on a football pitch or street fight. You should not get away with headbutt elbow and a spit. 10 games please

Fenomeno9

Strange, never struck me as that sort although of course completely unacceptable.

Did he ever have disciplinary issues for Brazil or Bayern, can't think of any.
Not that I can recall. He isn’t a hothead of any sorts

Red_toad

How does the other player not start swinging for Costa...
Well if you go off this thread, he was making racist comments to incite the incident.

But everything in the video points to him being professional, all started with Costa fouling him. No point hitting him as then they'd both have walked.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
To add more drama to this situation, the victim Federico di Francesco (who actively provoked the gullible Costa), is the son of the title challenging Roma manager Eusebio.
Stop this stupid defending of your player.

By calling Costa "Gullible" or implying that the other player was being racist in this case, you're being disingenuous.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Geez guys/girls, I hate racism, but if we're going to hold back on criticism of a player because he's black and that he might have been racially abused then it's going to cause problems, what's to stop some black players from calling racism to avoid a ban? It may be a horrible thought, but alot people, and especially footballers will try anything to get out of trouble.

For now Costa is vile for doing what he did, he should be ashamed and get a lengthy ban, spitting in someone's mouth should be left to kinky couples, from his apology he didn't mention any form of racism so I'm guessing Di Francesco is completely innocent in this.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
I am disgusted with Costa, like most here.

We are all calling for a 10+ game ban. Will our opinions change, if:
1. It turns out the Sassuolo player made some racist comments.
2. It turns our the Sassuolo player called Costa's mom/sister a whore or something.

Will we want a lesser ban for Costa if any of the points above are true? Should the ban be reduced if those things are true? I can't make up my mind. Would like to know what all of you think. I am inclined towards Costa suspension not being reduced, but the Sassuolo player getting suspensions.

Note: This whole post is an IF. My default belief is that Costa is a piece of shit and what he did was disgraceful. Not assuming anything about the other player, till I hear something.

cyberman

Well there's no mention of it from Costa and it looks like he was running round the pitch being a cnut so I'm not that sure why it's being mentioned at this stage myself?
Unless he comes out and says something it seems like a weird excuse to be making.
Speculation like that is wildly inappropriate to be honest. It gives so many players an out, imagine the fallout if Costa simply lied about it?