Douglas Luiz

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What are you on about, he was clearly in our keeper's face, slagging him about not saving his one after making some saves with his body. Arsehole behaviour.
In his face? fecking hell what's wrong with you? He was doing it to his own fans and wasn't in Onanas face. Stop making shit up

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Celebrating is fine but doing that in the face of Onana and Varane was over the top and pretty dangerous in inciting a kick in his mug which is what he deserved.
If it was Casemiro the FA and the media would be going ga-ga all week.
No one deserves a kick in the mug for that. You have anger problems.

@amolbhatia50k these are the posters I referred to.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Literally nothing to do with football and everything to do with how she looks.

If you’ve seen her play football you’d know.
Nothing to do with football? So if she worked at Tesco she would have 16m followers? Right.

Cantona in disguise

Finding a relatively tame celebration offensive or inappropriate or disrespectful is certainly being overly sensitive about the situation.

Here are a few people wound up by an innocuous celebration:
You've got a point but if you watch the replay the most laid back man in the world (varane) was gesturing wtf to him. So he was obviously being a tit.

Alls well that ends well. I'd have been pretty annoyed has one of our lot reacted and got a card though. Never mind He looked a tit in the end.

IrishRedDevil

Imagine playing a sport that is 100x more popular than the female version and your partner having 16x more followers and popularity than you. Hope that keeps him awake at nights.
I'd say he sleeps like a baby after shagging her every night.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You've got a point but if you watch the replay the most laid back man in the world (varane) was gesturing wtf to him. So he was obviously being a tit.

Alls well that ends well. I'd have been pretty annoyed has one of our lot reacted and got a card though. Never mind He looked a tit in the end.
Yeah it's innocuous. People here are acting like he's class A tit neal maupay.

youngrell

In his face? fecking hell what's wrong with you? He was doing it to his own fans and wasn't in Onanas face. Stop making shit up
He momentarily stopped his celebration run to do that stupid jig in Varane's face before continuing his celebration in the corner, it was clearly aimed at Varane and he looked like a tit. He had just kicked Varane trying to stop the clearance prior to it, so there was probably some needle about something.

Are people just defending this guy because they want us to sign him? Weird behaviour.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I mean Varane was clearly pissed off and put his arms out to say “what the hell you doing”. It’s poor sportsmanship which is why people are reacting. I agree with the earlier statement “what a tit”.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I mean Varane was clearly pissed off and put his arms out to say “what the hell you doing”. It’s poor sportsmanship which is why people are reacting. I agree with the earlier statement “what a tit”.
I'd suggest maybe half of Varane being pissed off was with himself for not defending great/us conceding... but yeah, I can see why Varane would be pissed at the celebratin, but also I do think Luiz was doing it at the fans/not our players.

youngrell

Another weird thing about it was that it was aimed at Varane. He doesn't seem the most obvious opponent you would dislike enough to try to wind up.

OleGunnar20

Celebration didn't bother me. The guy from Villas bench (I think?) Hurling abuse from the sideline is a different matter. Prick.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He momentarily stopped his celebration run to do that stupid jig in Varane's face before continuing his celebration in the corner, it was clearly aimed at Varane and he looked like a tit. He had just kicked Varane trying to stop the clearance prior to it, so there was probably some needle about something.

Are people just defending this guy because they want us to sign him? Weird behaviour.
Momentarily stopped his celebration? He did it the second the ball went in the back of the net. And he wasn't even facing Varane. Varane was to the left of where his face was. He was doing it to his fans for fecksake :lol:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I advocated signing him years ago - I think he'd be a good Cass back up to have, decent age and comfortable with the PL.

youngrell

Momentarily stopped his celebration? He did it the second the ball went in the back of the net. And he wasn't even facing Varane. Varane was to the left of where his face was. He was doing it to his fans for fecksake :lol:
Go watch it again. He starts to run off, stops, jigs and then goes again.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Dont want opponents to do a celebration? Just defend better and dont concede :wenger:
This irritated me for our first goal with them banging on about how Case was offside from the free kick that caused the corner...

How about just defend the corner properly and not concede?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He began to run off, stopped, shimmied and went back to celebrating.

https://dubz.co/v/jfay7m

Why did Varane do a "What are you doing?" gesture to him if it wasn't a mocking act? And why did Varane go after him after McTominay scored?

He tried to shithouse and it blew up in his face spectacularly.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Why did Varane do a "What are you doing?" gesture to him if it wasn't a mocking act? And why did Varane go after him after McTominay scored?
Because it was a misunderstanding?

Its entirely possible that Luiz was doing that celebration to the fans and Varane justifiably (but also mistakingly) thought he was doing it at him.

They can hopefully hash it out in our dressing room next season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Unpopular opinion - Alisha Lehman is good at football.
I only know about her because my son watches a bunch of Chris MD videos and one of them had one of his pals (who is a no mark Sunday league player) competing against Lehman in some sort of finishing contest. In which he was embarrassingly superior to her in every aspect. Until he realised what a bad look it would be and started dicking about to make her look less bad. So yeah, she's not great.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Yup. Run off to your corner flag and do your shitty shimmie.

what a tit

Conor

Some real oddballs here trying to defend a player on the opposing team being a cnut after scoring, serious Gary Neville vibes.

JB7

Honestly don't give a feck about Douglas Luiz but I can see myself jumping about like a maniac in this video and it's great. Something about late goals that makes the world perfect for a minute or two :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'd suggest maybe half of Varane being pissed off was with himself for not defending great/us conceding... but yeah, I can see why Varane would be pissed at the celebratin, but also I do think Luiz was doing it at the fans/not our players.
Sure but it’s not exactly great effort to run out of the box and to the corner like nearly every football player in existence.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He did it to Onana and he looks like a twat. Would've been nice for one of ours to do it when we scored. But we move.

SoCross

Thought he was good back in 2022 but was given the impression he’s more of a 8 than a 6 by posters who’ve watched him more. Does this opinion still stand or has he developed into a different kind of player?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Didn't realise he was a Man City feeder club player. Signed and shipped off to Girona for a while before Villa signed him.

48 hours

I really don’t care if the other team got in a circle around a player and did the Hokey Cokey after scoring. They just run the risk of having it rubbed in their face later

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Thought it was aimed at Onana straight away. More so because my first take was he was mimicking those giant roadside inflatable tubemen which is exactly how I see Onana: a flapper that occasionally intercepts a shot by accident. He had made a few of those.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wonder what trivial celebration is going to irk a fanbase next week. We've had Maddison, Arteta and now this guy.