Dusan Tadic

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

Found this interview he did with former Ajax player and Dutch international Andy Van Der Meyde. Tadic says he grew frustrated with the PL because attacking players are not protected and lack of a winter break.

AndersB

Always really liked him as a player, thought he looked class when he came to Southampton. Bought him again and again in Fantasy PL, though it failed every time (except for that crazy 4 assist and 1 goal match)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't agree about the forwards not being protected, it's no worse in any other league these days.

I can see why the winter break is appealing to players though, the season is intense their bodies must be falling apart by the end of it.

I'm sure they'd prefer a 2 week break over Christmas and have 2 weeks less in the summer if given the choice.

arthurka

Don't agree about the forwards not being protected, it's no worse in any other league these days.

I can see why the winter break is appealing to players though, the season is intense their bodies must be falling apart by the end of it.

I'm sure they'd prefer a 2 week break over Christmas and have 2 weeks less in the summer if given the choice.
The league wouldn´t. It´s why the PL is the biggest football franchise, because we have games to watch every day all year long. All most.

neilv93

Yeah it's easy to forget sometimes but most footballers have young families too, so playing in England makes it harder to spend time with them at Xmas given most clubs train Xmas Day and play on Boxing Day (plus then the 28th, and then again on NYD).

Personally I like (and am used to) having football on in the winter in this country - it's tradition. But still wouldn't be against a proper winter break like the rest of Europe, although that's an entirely different debate.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Most attacking players, current and former PL players often say that. I don't think it's untrue.

RooneyLegend

Wonder if a big club will take a gamble with him with the serious lack of quality forwards around.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

Found this interview he did with former Ajax player and Dutch international Andy Van Der Meyde. Tadic says he grew frustrated with the PL because attacking players are not protected and lack of a winter break.

So he's a massive bitch then? Good to know.

Pochettino should be instructing our players to go extra physical with him, as a nice reminder of what he wasn't tough enough to cope with.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Always wondered why he never got the credit in England. I remember following him in his first seasons at Southampton after he left Twente. He did very well in his first two seasons. Later Southampton started selling it's better players and the team began to lose its glance. Tadic is not the type of player to play relegation football so its no surprise that his role deminished. He does not have the pace to play in a big spaces. However Tadic has fantastic technical ability and is very effective. He can score and assist. He would have been a great addition to any top 6 side (except City who have many better players). He would be a great squad player for any of those sides and tbh he could easily have been a starting player for Spurs or Arsenal in the past seasons. He is good enough and fits their game. Clearly one of the most underrated PL players in the past decades.

RooneyLegend

Pochettino should be instructing our players to go extra physical with him, as a nice reminder of what he wasn't tough enough to cope with.
He's going to bully those soft defenders you guys have.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax

just because he found it frustrating as a whole doesn't mean he doesn't know how to handle it.

played through this for example:

Mata would smash in Ajax too. We have the same player on our bench, even better.
I'm sure Mata would be amazing for Ajax but not in the same way. Tadic' mentality and spirit is almost his main contribution to this team. He's very high-intensity serbian if that makes sense. Mata lacks that extra bit of oomph

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's a good but not great player. You saw flashes in brilliance while he was at Southampton that showed his quality but he never had the consistency due to him not having that next level so to speak, and is why he's excelling so much at Ajax who are a better fit for him. The poorer quality of the Dutch league let's him be more consistent and then elevate to another level in the CL. I reckon if he went to someone like Tottenham he would have been much better than he showed in the PL and have had a solid career like Siggy is now. I doubt he would want that compared to what he has at Ajax though this season.

Kaglish10

Obviously, playing alongside better quality has made him better than the players Southampton surrounded him with. The likes of Ziyech, Beek, Frenkie, De Ligt, Neres and even Blind are far better than any of the Saint's player.

Moreover, he was mostly deployed on the right wing at Southampton. I looked at his stats and he's got better stats as an attacking midfielder than as a right winger for the Saints. Better still, he should have been deployed as a forward/inverted midfielder on the wing and not as a traditional winger. Only Mane can combine both traditional wing style with a wing forward role. Robben and Ribery too.

Kaglish10

He had 24 goals and 35 assists in 162 games for the Saints. That's about 59 goals/assists which is good enough, considering the little quality in the Southampton team.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Looks an improved player at Ajax, but what an earth was he doing in that corner in those dying minutes. Should have planked his arse on it like Milner.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Looks an improved player at Ajax, but what an earth was he doing in that corner in those dying minutes. Should have planked his arse on it like Milner.
And passed late on instead of blazing away for glory .... and left that lateish 2nd half cross to his (better placed) teammate.

Fine margins in these semis?

mvdk

Supports
Ajax
Dusan Tadic just signed a new contract till 2026(!) at AFC Ajax. After 2023 he will become a trainer at Youth Academy The Future.