Dylan Levitt image 99

Dylan Levitt Wales flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

Dylan Levitt - Dundee United Fans Player of the Year. Take a bow son......

What is this wizardry? Caf told me we only did bad loans. Shame he doesn’t get the hype Garner does, as he’s possibly a better all round player.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
We havent spoken to him about his contract…. Jheeze this club
To be honest in his situation I'd probably be talking to other clubs as the best he will get at united is a season in the U23 with a handful of Europa / league cup games or a championship loan move.

Move on a free - get a signing on fee and join a club (championship) who are interested in giving him games and letting him develop.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
To be honest in his situation I'd probably be talking to other clubs as the best he will get at united is a season in the U23 with a handful of Europa / league cup games or a championship loan move.

Move on a free - get a signing on fee and join a club (championship) who are interested in giving him games and letting him develop.
I agree, its still poor from the club

userman

seems he played really well against Poland. Anyone watched the game ?
Watched the first half. He looked composed on the ball, tidy and safe passing and always available as a passing option for his teammates. Brushed of quite easily by opponents a few times and seems to lack some speed or physicality in general.
First time I’ve seen him play but looks promising considering his age/potential.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes a good player

Canucantona20

Surprised he’s out of a contract at the end of June. He’s good enough to keep, one more loan next year and I think he can step it up to the first team after

OleGunnar20

Surprised he’s out of a contract at the end of June. He’s good enough to keep, one more loan next year and I think he can step it up to the first team after
Potential there for sure. I can't see him ever being good enough for our first team (If we're planning on competing anytime soon), but he'll 100% be a saleable asset in a year or two if developed properly.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Why are we letting him go? Would like for ten hag to have a look at him before.

ash_86

Lots of shades of Carrick on the way he plays. I actually rate him above garner.

Caesar2290

This lad might surprise some on here. Knowing ETH and how detail oriented he is, he is most likely keeping tabs on every single loan player we have.

I think he might be a dark horse out of all our youngsters that get promoted to the first team next season. He has all the skills we need for a deep lying CM and considering how short we are in that area, I wouldn't be surprised if Erik gives him a go.

From what I remember last season, he looked way more impressive in the pre season than Garner.

If it were up to me, I would send Garner on loan to Forrest, and keep Levitt as a squad player and play him in the Carling Cup/Europa League canon fodder games.

Bwuk

He was class for Dundee United and toward the end of the loan he developed a habit for scoring bangers.

I think he’s probably at a age where he needs regular football so wouldn’t be surprised if he moves on but Levitt is a really talented player. Just a few unlucky loans.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
This lad might surprise some on here. Knowing ETH and how detail oriented he is, he is most likely keeping tabs on every single loan player we have.

I think he might be a dark horse out of all our youngsters that get promoted to the first team next season. He has all the skills we need for a deep lying CM and considering how short we are in that area, I wouldn't be surprised if Erik gives him a go.

From what I remember last season, he looked way more impressive in the pre season than Garner.

If it were up to me, I would send Garner on loan to Forrest, and keep Levitt as a squad player and play him in the Carling Cup/Europa League canon fodder games.
He was better than Garner in pre season. I remember cause I was suprised given the discrepancy in hype.

That said, it was pre season and the tactical instructions were probably: "Go out and have fun lads".

Marwood

Become a bit of a hipster thing to say Levitt is better than Garner.

Seems to be based on a couple of pre season games.

I watched them for a couple of years in the U23's and Garner is the better player.

But I like Levitt as well. There's just a big question mark over his physicality. Especially if he's seen as a DM.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905

Easiest decision out there and completely agree with that. Garner can continue develop in Forrest, while he had a decent season and a lot of experience he went missing in a lot of games, so people get carried away from the highlight reel too much imo.

Levitt need to step up to a different level, and another deal might be tricky, while he might have had enough senior football to build men`s stamina and physique to feature for us here and there. If he shines in preseason, we can use him as a squadie. If he doesn't he can be send out on a loan or sold directly but I think there is something about the lad. We should definitely extend his contract, theworst case scenario we will nick 5-10 million for him later if he doesn't completely flop.

For me he was always a bit more dynamic than Garner, and should play CM, so could get some of McT minutes, until Scott is phased out completely.

dutchred

will be interesting to watch him against Ukraine, who are a good team and their midfield was too much for Scotland this week

Zoo

Hoping he’s in the team tonight against Holland, will be a good test with Van Gaal saying he’s picking a strong team.

Gandalf

Hoping he’s in the team tonight against Holland, will be a good test with Van Gaal saying he’s picking a strong team.
Pretty much nailed on to play just some question as to whether it will be a start. He is generally considered to be the understudy and long term successor to Joe Allen at International level so if Joe is rested which he may well be then Dylan will start but even if Joe plays he won't last 90 minutes after playing on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.