E3 2017

Blind

Since the conferences are only a few days away, I thought it deserved its own thread.

Conference Times (BST):

Saturday, 10 June:
EA (20:00)

Sunday, 11 June:
Microsoft (22:00)

Monday, 12 June:
Bethesda (05:00)
Ubisoft (21:00)

Tuesday, 13 June:
Sony (02:00)
Nintendo Spotlight (17:00)

It's fair to say Microsoft need to have the best showing this year, Scorpio will be properly revealed and their first party line up needs strengthening with some new IP and hopefully a few surprises to send out a message that there's more to Xbox than the usual Gears, Halo and Forza cycle. Although saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a tease of Halo 6.

Sony can kind of cruise through this year, showing off more gameplay from exclusives like God of War and Spider-Man and devoting some time to reveals of third party games. They've said their conference will be similar to last year, with more game reveals and less talking so I would expect this to be the most packed conference in terms of the amount of games shown. We could potentially see more from the Last of Us 2, but it seems quite early in development and it's such an anticipated game that a reveal could be done at any time and still get the same amount of attention.

Nintendo have a 30 minute showcase where Super Mario Odyssey will probably be the main focus along with a few smaller games. I don't think there will be any real surprises but who knows. There could be a few interesting third party announcents and more new ideas like Arms, the Switch has momentum already and this could add even more if they detail plans for early 2018.

As for the other conferences, I don't expect much from EA but I'm looking forward to seeing more of Battlefront 2. Ubisoft have a decent line up, if very familiar. Overall it should be a relatively eventful year, with plenty of awkward pauses and even more awkward cameos. Nothing will top Pele though, a sit down interview in the middle of a conference.

Last edited:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Sony will predictably show 5 big games that are coming in 2022.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Not really that interested this year, honestly. Since World of Warcraft: Legion came out, I've pretty much had time/interest for no other gaming stuff... Well, apart from Wipeout & Trails in the Sky this year :D Oh, and that Playerunknown thing... That was pretty cool.

Will still watch the Sony/MS conferences, though.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yah, i'm interested to see what Player Unknown comes out with. We play it pretty much every day, clocked up 150+ hours on it now and we love the bastard of a game!

Imagine Sony will be upping their game following a bit of a disappointing 2016 imo.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Hope Scorpion is something to get excited about. To be honest I don't expect a lot from this e3

Actually I hope we get more info on Death Stranding.

Ainu

I expect Sony to dedicate a portion of its conference to VR. They've made a good start with PSVR and now they need to make sure interest levels don't fall away. They need a couple more fully featured games to support PSVR and this is the time to announce them. A new The Last of Us 2 trailer seems likely, but I fear it's a bit early for gameplay.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Just read on game central on metro (formerly teletext) that Shenmue 3 won't be released until the second half of 2018 so that probably rules out us seeing anything of it at E3 2017.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I still don't understand ps4 pro or Xbox Scorpio. What the feck are they, a gap console? Or are we going to get games which are only compatible on those consoles? :/

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I still don't understand ps4 pro or Xbox Scorpio. What the feck are they, a gap console? Or are we going to get games which are only compatible on those consoles? :/
I guess it's like buying a good gaming pc and a higher end one.
It's not for everybody, but for somebody like myself who doesn't smoke, drink etc, I am more than happy to pay extra for a machine that improves on what I already have.

------

As for E3 itself. I really hope Microsoft bring it's A-Game. I prefer the xbox personally as many of my friends are on it and I also prefer the controller a lot more.
I'd love a big exclusive, but most of the games I do play are cross platform anyway.
Bloodborne, Nior, Uncharted etc I'm not really bothered about.
I've got a PS4, as their are some exclusive I do wan't to play. Shenmue, Last of us and I do have Horizon to crack on with.

I just really hope more than anything, Xbox say here we go, COD, Fifa, Battlefield etc etc will all look far superior on this machine. That is what will make me happy.
Disappointed with the rumours that Xbox wont announce or have any real VR talk at E3. I've got the PSVR and the concept of VR is great for me, but I do understand that if true, Microsoft only want to bring VR if it's going to be wireless, because the PSVR is a joke with all the wires :lol:

Hoping Bethesda bring out another big open world game. Hoping for a Fallout but I know that ain't happening :(

Last edited:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
One wire?
Off top of my head I think one long wire from the VR to a small box which splits off into 2.
That box then connects to the TV with one HDMI and then connects to the PS4 by HDMI and USB and then a power supply.

It'd be much easier if it was a simple connection to the PS4 only.
On top of that, that box doesn't support 4k HDR, so if you want to play a game on the PRO in it's best form you then need to unplug the PS4 to the small box to do this.
Just a lot of messing about really

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Conference Times (BST):

Saturday, 10 June:
EA (20:00)

Sunday, 11 June:
Microsoft (22:00)

Monday, 12 June:
Bethesda (05:00)
Ubisoft (21:00)

Tuesday, 13 June:
Sony (02:00)
Nintendo Spotlight (17:00)
GMT is an hour behind right?
Sooo... What time is this for me in London? I've been smoking, humour me...

Off top of my head I think one long wire from the VR to a small box which splits off into 2.
That box then connects to the TV with one HDMI and then connects to the PS4 by HDMI and USB and then a power supply.

It'd be much easier if it was a simple connection to the PS4 only.
On top of that, that box doesn't support 4k HDR, so if you want to play a game on the PRO in it's best form you then need to unplug the PS4 to the small box to do this.
Just a lot of messing about really
I get the HDR argument, but my processor box stays right next to the PS4. I only have one cable that I plug in and out as needed... In fact more time I just leave it plugged in. Don't understand the problem.

I also understand why some people would prefer wireless, but me personally, I'll probably still stick to wired given the choice. I'm not entirely comfortable with all the electronics around my head in the PSVR as it is but at least it's fairly contained. Something emitting strong radio waves right next to my head alongside all the other waves bouncing around my room leaves me... uncomfortable. But that's just me...

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Any rumours around the EA conference?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Would be on nightshifts the next 3 nights ffs. Mind, can't see anything amazing happening at E3 this year. Going to watch the sports conference now though.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Am I the only one who find these video gaming suits repulsive or sleazy, in the way that used car salesmen are?