Eberechi Eze - Crystal Palace

Bondi77

He is a good player and easy on the eye.
A London boy whom I would imagine would go to a bigger London club if one came knocking.

Borninthe80ts

I think I have a soft spot for him for him as in my mind he plays like a number 10 from my era of football. He has natural flair and tries the unexpected which I think is missing from even the best players in the modern game.
If we are going after young English homegrown players I’d like to take a chance on him as back up with a view to replacing the roles of Eriksen and Bruno in the team/squad.

He can be fairly inconsistent at the min but I believe as he goes up levels hopefully a maturity can be found. Price depending if he becomes available I’d hope for a sneaky bid dependent on movement of other players within the squad.

Reactions: oates

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Absolutely love this guy. Want him at United in the summer, and would prefer him to Olise if we went shopping in Croydon. Glides with the ball and can take on players at the highest level. Also has great, powerful shooting technique off either foot. Good short game and link passer.

I think in the right setting, he has it in him to be one of the best players in the league.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
My only issue with both him and Olise is that it feels like they can’t get a string of 7-8 games in a row before getting injured.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
My only issue with both him and Olise is that it feels like they can’t get a string of 7-8 games in a row before getting injured.
The type of injuries they have suffered do not really indicate a pattern as such. More misfortune. But yea, I really want him here, I think he’d be transformative at Old Trafford.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That dubstep ass Nelly remix is killing me on that vid :lol:

Almost as crazy as Jagged Edge on the Japanese goalkeeper compilation

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Great comp, it is strange that Palace arent better than they are, Eze and Olise would get in most teams in the league, yet Palace dont look THAT dangerous going forward.
I think you underestimate how tough this league is. Those two good forward players are a large reason as to why they comfortably stay up. Then you have to consider that they haven’t always been available and are still young and not the most consistent themselves. Olise in particular has only just really started scoring at this level.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great comp, it is strange that Palace arent better than they are, Eze and Olise would get in most teams in the league, yet Palace dont look THAT dangerous going forward.
This was the XI today:

Borninthe80ts

I’m hoping with the apparent move to buying or at least scouting young English talent we are looking at this guy. There was a type of football we played on European nights where the crowds were treated to some wonderful football. I think he could give us those moments again.

Everything he does is so smooth and eye catching. Would love him and Mainoo in the same team one day. Domestically and internationally.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Two already in the first half tonight. Including this one:

BarstoolProphet

One of the most fun players to watch in the PL. He plays like I hoped Sancho would do for us, with him gliding past players like they are traffic cones.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
One of the most fun players to watch in the PL. He plays like I hoped Sancho would do for us, with him gliding past players like they are traffic cones.
He’s more central though isn’t he. Think Olise should be the one we go for as we’re desperate for a RW. Unless we have a plan where we can fit this guy in then it’s going to be another VDB/Mount scenario.

BarstoolProphet

He’s more central though isn’t he. Think Olise should be the one we go for as we’re desperate for a RW. Unless we have a plan where we can fit this guy in then it’s going to be another VDB/Mount scenario.
You are probably right, but I've given up on our right side. We could sign prime Dani Alves and he would immediately complain about not playing LB.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We should play him centrally. He’s a lot younger than Bruno, who we can’t expect to be in our team at 35. Besides, from watching them (I’m sure there are numbers which will contradict), he’s the better player anyway to me. Looks far more talented a footballer.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Would love him and Olise at Utd. Excellent players and both capable of playing at the biggest clubs in the league.

Edit - mad that Eze is older than Mount.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
I find Olise overated.
It’s your opinion of course but I disagree, he finished on the same number of assists as Bukayo Saka last season and in his last nine league games this season he’s scored six and got three assists playing alongside dross like Ayew, Schlupp and Mateta. The injuries are my only concern with him but assuming he stays fit he’ll go right to the very top.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
It’s your opinion of course but I disagree, he finished on the same number of assists as Bukayo Saka last season and in his last nine league games this season he’s scored six and got three assists playing alongside dross like Ayew, Schlupp and Mateta. The injuries are my only concern with him but assuming he stays fit he’ll go right to the very top.
Don't get me wrong. I don't doubt his attacking abilities at all! In my book they are elite. It's his diligence in defending I have some issues with. (Yet many talk of him like "he'd walk into" all the starting lines ups of the top 4 or 5 sides in thee land. )
I thus have misgivings on us spending what we can ill afford on another forward who might expose our fullbacks the way a Rashford does/Sancho did, when opponents attack us. However he is young enough to improve in that aspect.

I don't even believe leaving CP for at least another season is truly in the best interests of his career. It would probably be better for him to truly develop further as the leader of the team like Zaha was, then jump ship when he is more matured and assured of a starting berth where ever he may end up later. IMHO.

Last edited:

Blood Mage

He's better than all of our wide options pretty much (apart from Rashford when he can be arsed). His consistency is a big concern though. I think with good scouting we could unearth someone better.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
He's better than all of our wide options pretty much (apart from Rashford when he can be arsed). His consistency is a big concern though. I think with good scouting we could unearth someone better.
He's not a winger though. Bruno's the guy he should be ousting, if we signed him or a player of his skill set.