Eberechi Eze - Crystal Palace

E-mal

Great great player.

26 in the summer so it's a bit similar to Grealish with us, coming to the stage of his career where he needs to be playing European football if he wants to be established in England squad over next two seasons as there's just too many infront of him playing at higher levels.

I could see him at Spurs 100% if they didn't have Maddison. Chelsea and Man. United seem more focused on Olise if he becomes available. Would Arsenal take him if they unload likes of Smith Rowe? Him and Odegaard in the same midfield.... :drool:
He should be playing for Nigeria if he wants international football, he has so many players ahead of him in England. Him and Olise need to decide what international career they want

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Just seen that last assist through the player's legs, disgusting. What a player

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Great great player.

26 in the summer so it's a bit similar to Grealish with us, coming to the stage of his career where he needs to be playing European football if he wants to be established in England squad over next two seasons as there's just too many infront of him playing at higher levels.

I could see him at Spurs 100% if they didn't have Maddison. Chelsea and Man. United seem more focused on Olise if he becomes available. Would Arsenal take him if they unload likes of Smith Rowe? Him and Odegaard in the same midfield.... :drool:
True that, Grealish is a con artist who gets picked for England because he plays for City.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He should be playing for Nigeria if he wants international football, he has so many players ahead of him in England. Him and Olise need to decide what international career they want
Hasn't Olise declared for France, I'm sure he's played regularly for their under 21s hence there's never any link to England.

Eze was in the squad at the start of the season so he's not miles off it but needs Southgate to go and someone not completely obsessed with calling up out of form players constantly.

Walters_19_MuFc

With the way ten Hag played Rashford today, I wouldn't mind if we brought him in as a roaming left winger.

Hojlund
Eze Bruno Garnacho​

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He's the one clubs should try to get, not Olise. He seems to have a lot more to offer with a better team around.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I actually think he'll struggle to make the euros squad if it stays at 23.
As he should. He plays football with the primary goal of being fouled. ‘Look at me, I’m so hard to dispossess without fouling’. He literally engages players and then holds on to the ball for as long as possible, positioning himself in a way where he’s likely to be fouled. It’s as if he sees that as some sort of sense of pride or personal victory.

I used to like him more, and he had that trait at Villa too but he was more functional and purposeful then. He’s a joke now.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
With the way ten Hag played Rashford today, I wouldn't mind if we brought him in as a roaming left winger.

Hojlund
Eze Bruno Garnacho​
He's that option four years on that OGS wanted Grealish for in summer 2020.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
2 months since the last activity in this thread, a player who only performs every 2 months is probably not the answer to anything. This thread has been open for 5 years, believe it or not. 160 posts in 5 years for the next big thing.

I'll pass I think.

SirBillNic

Supports
Spurs
Great great player.

I'm not sure we would pay the kind of money Palace would want, but I'd love him at Spurs. He's a bit different than either Son or Maddison, and Maddison been pretty hit or miss lately. Same with Olise, I think he would really improve us in the right forward position, although his injuries are a little concerning. They're both such silky players, lovely to watch. I'm not sure where exactly Eze would fit into Ange's system/style tbh, on the one hand he doesn't fit any position perfectly but on the other you could see him doing well in multiple positions.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
2 months since the last activity in this thread, a player who only performs every 2 months is probably not the answer to anything. This thread has been open for 5 years, believe it or not. 160 posts in 5 years for the next big thing.

I'll pass I think.
Perhaps because he was injured for 6 weeks. He’s only just come back into the team. I could have bumped it last week when he scored the winner at Anfield too.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
I'm not sure we would pay the kind of money Palace would want, but I'd love him at Spurs. He's a bit different than either Son or Maddison, and Maddison been pretty hit or miss lately. Same with Olise, I think he would really improve us in the right forward position, although his injuries are a little concerning. They're both such silky players, lovely to watch. I'm not sure where exactly Eze would fit into Ange's system/style tbh, on the one hand he doesn't fit any position perfectly but on the other you could see him doing well in multiple positions.

Think both have release clauses in the region of £60m.

Walters_19_MuFc

That is a very shit front four
Agreed we need two bonifide starters signed this summer in that front four alone. I don't care which two gets replaced.
That's what you may think, but we have to remember we're not playing fifa, and there has to be some form of realism in there.

Hojlund was bought for 70M and I'm pretty sure he'll be our starting striker next season.

Bruno is our captain and statistically our most productive player. I can't see him not playing unless we sell him, and I don't think that'll happen.

Garnacho has arguably been our most consistent winger (not hard). A young, exciting winger who has bags of potetnial. You'd imagine he'd be starting next season, but if not, certainly someone who will be getting a lot of game time.

That leaves the left wing spot. I'm not sure what will happen with Rashford next season, but maybe its a good time to move him on.

My first choice wouldn't be Eze, but seeing as its the 'Eze' thread, I put him into the front four, but I can't imagine it'd be far off that.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
That's what you may think, but we have to remember we're not playing fifa, and there has to be some form of realism in there.

Hojlund was bought for 70M and I'm pretty sure he'll be our starting striker next season.

Bruno is our captain and statistically our most productive player. I can't see him not playing unless we sell him, and I don't think that'll happen.

Garnacho has arguably been our most consistent winger (not hard). A young, exciting winger who has bags of potetnial. You'd imagine he'd be starting next season, but if not, certainly someone who will be getting a lot of game time.

That leaves the left wing spot. I'm not sure what will happen with Rashford next season, but maybe its a good time to move him on.

My first choice wouldn't be Eze, but seeing as its the 'Eze' thread, I put him into the front four, but I can't imagine it'd be far off that.
Fifa or no Fifa, the truth is that both Garnacho and Hojlund are projects, they aren't ready to be starters. The other two, Rashford and Bruno on the other hand, have proven time and again that they aren't the kind of players your hopes should rest on, if you have any aspirations of being a top team. Now, if we are happy to accept them as they are, then we should be willing to accept what that means results wise, i.e. more mediocrity.

Walters_19_MuFc

Fifa or no Fifa, the truth is that both Garnacho and Hojlund are projects, they aren't ready to be starters. The other two, Rashford and Bruno on the other hand, have proven time and again that they aren't the kind of players your hopes should rest on, if you have any aspirations of being a top team. Now, if we are happy to accept them as they are, then we should be willing to accept what that means results wise, i.e. more mediocrity.
When you look at the other priorities we have to address in our squad, whether you think we need a new attacking quartet or not, it's simply not going to happen. We'll most likely get two attacking players - a winger and cover for Hojlund.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
When you look at the other priorities we have to address in our squad, whether you think we need a new attacking quartet or not, it's simply not going to happen. We'll most likely get two attacking players - a winger and cover for Hojlund.
The only way we're getting a winger is if Rashford goes and unless PSG lose their marbles I can't see it happening

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The only way we're getting a winger is if Rashford goes and unless PSG lose their marbles I can't see it happening
Rashford will have many more suitors than just PSG. Our concern is that many of them would likely be within the PL, and I doubt we’d want to do that.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Rashford will have many more suitors than just PSG. Our concern is that many of them would likely be within the PL, and I doubt we’d want to do that.
Who might they be?

Unless he takes a massive pay cut there are very few clubs that could afford him

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Him and Olise should come together as a package deal, they seem to have a great understanding.