Ed Woodward 2019 - Until all Arctic ice melts edition

LeftyBlaster

So we only solved the problems that were glaring from last season and failed to strengthen midfield which got weakened the most after losing Ander and Fellaini. Fecks sake Ed just feck off will you. Take the bloody Glazers with you too.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Couldn't even buy longstaff and lost Herrera for free. Blithering idiot. Even spurs strengthened with N dombele and will surely replace Eriksen.
They brought him in weeks ago and yet here we are with nothing. What in heavens name have they been doing. Oh I know assessing what we have yet again.

MadMike

He's not a CEO. We don't have one. We don't have a dual board system (executive/management vs supervisory board). Read up on corporate governance ffs.

Ed's the Executive vice-Chairman.

ManRed

Can we start a protest againt this idiot. Not the Glazers but Woodward. We are a public listed company now and watching thousands of fans not behind the Executive Vice Chairman will surely get him out.

el3mel

Entering the season with 7 central defenders, that's about 25% of the total squad or so. :lol: Do we even have any kind of a clue when it comes to building a football team?

Play these CBs as strikers and midfielders when injuries happen then.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Entering the season with 7 central defenders, that's about 25% of the total squad or so. :lol: Do we even have any kind of a clue when it comes to building a football team?

Nope, it's hilariously unbalanced.

2 first team signings to a team which finished 6th last season with a rookie manager onboard in currently the worst run the club has been on for several decades. We'll reach new lows this season.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We’ve stood pat at Goalkepper.

Upgraded the defence [to an extent].

But after 3 months we are somehow going into the season with a worse attack & midfield - this is honestly unforgivable.

What has he been doing for the past year, does he not sit in the stands & watch us play. :confused:

Spurs have become more of a draw than United to a player like Dybala. How are people so vile to our players yet this guy gets to sign noodle sponsorships & go about his day.
He does and puts his angry face on for the cameras and then does nothing about it. He just thinks if you keep changing the manager it will improve. He bought the players so he will not admit that they could be the problem.

TBR

Woodward has his failings for sure. But how many of ye could get 73.9 million GBP for Lukaku. #Genius

Last edited by a moderator:

JoaquinJoaquin

As a season ticket holder at United I can honestly see huge protests this season . I'm not looking forward to taking my boy there this season because I think its going to become toxic .

We haven't a cat in hell's chance of finishing top 4 and I could see a argument about top 6 .

We have zero quality in midfield and our one bit of quality hardly ever shines. We have flogged our main srriker and replaced him with a 17 year old from the youths .

Fair enough our defence looks better but a defence is only as good as what's in front of it and that is complete and utter dog shite.
Protests should be the least of what we should do, but our fans have sat and accepted all of this already with no resistance, so you have no worries.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

If you discount the two perma Crocks in Bailly and Jones plus Rojo possibly leaving, that's 4 if Tuanzebe doesn't go out on loan.

arthurka

He's actually doing a fecking terrible job at it by chasing short term gains while destroying the club in the long term.
Not sure thats what matters to the owners. Tampa Bay is hovering over us.

Patrick08

Zero right wingers and 2 less central midfielders.

AJ10

Months to complete each deal, absolutely useless this clown.

jem

The only thing that would be positive about a Saudi takeover would be watching Mohammed Bin Salman feed Woodward to the lions

marktan

His briefings are becoming Wenger 'I almost signed him' esque. Likes to look like a busybody but then does feck all.

AaronRedDevil

Well. Now I'm pissed. Desperately need 1 or 2 more players at least. Top 4 is gonna be damn near impossible. Arsenal, Tottenham, city and have strengthened there own squad. We are lucky Chelsea has a ban and Liverpool didn't do much either.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
No they wont as it's all about the money, anyone won't come here if they have a restricted budget.
Not just restricted budget, restricted control over the football too. Everything must go through the chief bean counter Woody where the football is a sideshow to the commercial enterprise.

Edit: misread your post. Right you are!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think we actually finished the transfer window weaker than we entered it, which is some achievement considering we finished sixth last season and had so many glaring weaknesses already.