Ed Woodward 2019 - Until all Arctic ice melts edition

Infra-red

He'll lose them plenty of money when the sponsors jump ship.
This part is rather confusing. Commercial revenues have been flat for three years now - the noodle/tractor partners have dried up and our overall revenue growth is entirely predicated on the ever-increasing value of the TV deals. Another finish outside the top 4 this coming season will also wipe a third off the value of the Adidas deal, our highest commercial partner.

And yet, despite the squad not being fit for purpose, it's a relatively modest transfer spend again this summer. Club up for sale, maybe?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Maguire - Should have been signed last transfer window
James - Potential
AWB - Should have been signed when Valencia & Young turned 30

Herrera - Should have stayed, even if He wanted more money, A short contract would do IF We planned not to get a replacement

Now, We're better in defence but worse in midfield. How the so called biggest club in the world can be run in such a pathetic way is beyond me. 7 fecking years. The ones to blame : The owners, Woodward.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
How many more years until Woodward makes us irrelevant like AC Milan and Liverpool before Klopp or are we already there? :angel:
We are already there. Wondering if we make top 4 after last season - does that feel like the United of the past?

He'll lose them plenty of money when the sponsors jump ship.
That is the only hope. People paint Woodward as some kind of genius, but no sponsor will throw money at a bottom-6 club and as soon as we are consistently pathetic, money will disappear. Wake up call for Glazers and we will be sold to some oil-rich brat in a second.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Woodward really is something else.

I honestly didn’t think it was possible for me to think any lower of him, yet he constantly manages to prove me wrong.

What a guy.

LeftyBlaster

Maguire - Should have been signed last transfer window
James - Potential
AWB - Should have been signed when Valencia & Young turned 30

Herrera - Should have stayed, even if He wanted more money, A short contract would do IF We planned not to get a replacement

Now, We're better in defence but worse in midfield. How the so called biggest club in the world can be run in such a pathetic way is beyond me. 7 fecking years. The ones to blame : The owners, Woodward.
This. Pathetic is the word. Low expectations at board level and penny saving. Include this clueless moron at CEO and you have a shitstorm. Liverpool have got it right.

Giggs86

What a fecking clown. From being the over excited clueless moron who bought every superstar he could think of for a couple of years, to a penny-pinching moron who can't make a deal to save his life.

fergie_god

I genuinely think the people at the top of our club are all genuinely braindead. How can we go into this summer without any midfield additions. We just lost two players who were both big parts of our first team in Fellaini and Herrera. It's not even a matter of quality. We just need numbers in there. How hard can it be to find someone whos better than matic or can be a squad player as box to box. Get a player in on loan or anything. If you don't believe in player long term then you can always just sell him off. The 10mil or so we would be risking in lost value is worth having an extra man as an option.

ReallyUSA

I don't think we like the space we are watching. I'm sorry for this as an American. We don't see sports the same way guys.

CR7000

This guy still thinks the club does well financially regardless of the trophies. He does not care about glory. All he cares is to save every pennies possible so the owner will get the better cut.

Very soon the great history of Man Utd will be gone. Nobody can do anything about Ed. He is the owner's favourite. fans should move toward making this club own by fans like Barcelona.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoCalXT

March - Leicester " We are only accepting 80mil"
After pointless negotiations, ends up paying the 80mil in August.. This cant be forgotten.
Criminal !

Tarrou

this summer is another balls-up and we're going into the season with an unbalanced squad

why don't the owners change something? Its not like this system is saving them money

Lemansky

If this is it (transfer wise) Woodward and the owners are in for one major shitstorm if things go south.

I feel sorry for Ole that he possibly will be right in the middle of it.

Eddy_JukeZ

Embarrassing window from our CEO once more.

The only successful window we've had under him was 2016 and even that is contentious. Bailly is meh and Mkhi is gone. Pogba has been polarizing. Zlatan was a success, but he came on a free(and only because of Jose).

1 out of 7.

Horrific.

AFC NimbleThumb

We’ve stood pat at Goalkepper.

Upgraded the defence [to an extent].

But after 3 months we are somehow going into the season with a worse attack & midfield - this is honestly unforgivable.

What has he been doing for the past year, does he not sit in the stands & watch us play. :confused:

Spurs have become more of a draw than United to a player like Dybala. How are people so vile to our players yet this guy gets to sign noodle sponsorships & go about his day.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
When I see what Spurs are doing it makes me feel physical sick. Regardless of whether Rom was the long term answer or not, letting a player in his bracket depart the day before the window closes is sheer idiocy. What I don't yet understand is that they don't realise that if you get it right on the pitch and challenging then sponsors will fall over themselves to have a piece of Utd. So in return they actually make more money.

lsd

The Oracle
You make it sound like it's unjust... How in anybodies eyes can this not be a shit window and another inevitable shit season incoming?
That's the spirit look forward with optimism .

I'm looking forward to the season and I'm happy with our squad , our manager and our young players .

Why have a meltdown over something we can't control ?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
For each passing day I'm getting more and more convinced he's a Liverpool fan getting filthy rich by ruining Manchester United.

gica_7

That stadium should be shaking with protests. Might now change anything, but still it's time to show some discomfort.

klayton88

That's the spirit look forward with optimism .

I'm looking forward to the season and I'm happy with our squad , our manager and our young players .

Why have a meltdown over something we can't control ?
There is optimism and there is realism.

Crustanoid

He really has a lot to answer for.

It’s clear as day we needed a rebuild and someone who will do the football side of his job who actually knows about football. I’d take Joey Barton over him atm to handle the stewardship of our footballing philosophy and transfers.

It’s so predictable-Ole will be sacked when we inevitably fall lower (8th, anyone) and the cycle of feeding the owners the profits of our history will continue and Ed will get a pay rise for continuing to fulfil his primary directive.

He’s probably spending deadline day looking through holiday brochures to work out which beach he’ll be on sipping cocktails next summer transfer window.

Bestietom

If we don't get him away from the footballing side of things, we will sink lower and lower. Fans can see this and it won't be long before they show their anger.

romufc

That stadium should be shaking with protests. Might now change anything, but still it's time to show some discomfort.
Exactly, we need to all get together against Ed Woodward. He probably realises there is fan backlash but if everyone gets together and shows the severity, it could send a big message to the board.

We may have signed 3 players BUT that is not acceptable. £50m net spend? during a re-build?

klayton88

I want players that want to play for the club not ones that just come for the money .

I'm glad Ed has wised up to this
Do you think Aguero went to city for anything other than money? As one example. We don't have CL. We have to throw money at decent players, that's just the shit reality of it.

gica_7

Exactly, we need to all get together against Ed Woodward. He probably realises there is fan backlash but if everyone gets together and shows the severity, it could send a big message to the board.

We may have signed 3 players BUT that is not acceptable. £50m net spend? during a re-build?
I don't get it really. I am Turkish and I understand there is a huuuge gap between our fan cultures but, if any sort of situation happened in one of the biggest Turkish clubs, Ed wouldn't even dare to come to the stadium. It has been seven years, and other than a small chant in Newcastle game, no protests has taken place. I don't get it.