Ed Woodward | Groundhog Day Edition

tjb

The debt is growing, we are yet to challenge for any major trophy. What has this club been turned into. I doubt it would be worse if Glazers were die hard City fans, while Woody turned out to be a fanatic scouser. Unbelievable and unforgivable.
We borrowed additional money to conduct ourselves during Covid, this was well documented and makes a lot of sense. Don't know why its being overblown. Anyone who thought we would be smooth sailing during this period must have been dreaming. My guess is, we will sell big to buy (VDB, Martial,one CB and Pogba). The top priority in my opinion is the DM role. Signing a good DM that allows us to pressure teams in big games, whilst having the ability to help us recycle possession. This is the area I feel we struggle in comparison to our rivals. A good centre back following that.

croadyman

We borrowed additional money to conduct ourselves during Covid, this was well documented and makes a lot of sense. Don't know why its being overblown. Anyone who thought we would be smooth sailing during this period must have been dreaming. My guess is, we will sell big to buy (VDB, Martial,one CB and Pogba). The top priority in my opinion is the DM role. Signing a good DM that allows us to pressure teams in big games, whilst having the ability to help us recycle possession. This is the area I feel we struggle in comparison to our rivals. A good centre back following that.
We would need another creative midfield option too if both Donny & Pogba left

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That's not bad at all.. if we are managing to make profit even during no fans in stadiums it puts us in a better financial position compared to most other clubs out there.
That's just for a quarter.

Red Daz

Anyone thinking we’ll buy big in the summer are fooling themselves

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
How are Chelsea spending big?
There are reports that Ambro has given atleat 100 million plus to Tuchel. Also they have a fair few good assets they can move on in Abrahams,Jorginho,Tomori,Bakayoko and maybe a couple of left-field options too.

croadyman

When will this egotistical toy story puppet and his sidekick do the right thing by stepping aside from being involved in transfers

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
When will this egotistical toy story puppet and his sidekick do the right thing by stepping aside from being involved in transfers
I'm struggling with this. You're asking a CEO to step aside from deals that form a considerable percentage of the companies turnover yearly. In what other business sector would you expect that to happen? The fact that there are puppet clubs has blinded people to the reality that the people responsible for the clubs have to have their fingers in the pies, particularly when a transfer fee of say, £40m, might also involve various agent fees of another £10m, and then wages of likely another £30m to £50m across 5 years. So, that one transfer has the impact of up to 20% of the annual turnover of the business and you're expecting them not to be involved? Mate, give your head a wobble.

croadyman

I'm struggling with this. You're asking a CEO to step aside from deals that form a considerable percentage of the companies turnover yearly. In what other business sector would you expect that to happen? The fact that there are puppet clubs has blinded people to the reality that the people responsible for the clubs have to have their fingers in the pies, particularly when a transfer fee of say, £40m, might also involve various agent fees of another £10m, and then wages of likely another £30m to £50m across 5 years. So, that one transfer has the impact of up to 20% of the annual turnover of the business and you're expecting them not to be involved? Mate, give your head a wobble.
No I am asking him to do the right thing and move to the commercial side of the club and actually appoint someone who understand football matters like a Sporting Director instead of being run by a pair of investment bankers

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is why I believe the praise Ed Woodward gets for our commercial success is bullshit.
Obviously, lets see the size of our automobile deal when it's done to have a proper comparison but I am pretty sure it won't be worth £18m a season.
There are extenuating circumstances like covid but consider the Chevy deal was signed 7 years ago, at the very least, you would expect us to match it. If we were doing as well as we should on the pitch, I have no doubt in my mind we would have an easier job of matching our current deals, even in this climate.
I have always said, our commercial success if directly linked to our reputation as a club of winners. A Manchester United fighting for trophies at home and in Europe, playing great football is worth far more to commercial partners than a Manchester United that has become synonymous with mediocrity. You can polish it up anyhow but it starts to tell on the figures.
I believe it started to tell years ago. Over the last 4 years or so, our revenues have plateaued. I have always said I don't understand this man's untouchable status. As far as I am concerned, he's lost the Glazers money. I won't even go into the €1bn wasted on transfers. But the opportunity cost of being shit for so long must be up to half a billion (taking into consideration loss of broadcast and competition revenue, gate receipts and decline or stagnation in commercial value).
His reputation as a commercial genius is a lazy myth imo.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
On a good day Woodward is seen as an incompetent buffoon. This is not a good day.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Join MUST, people. Be able to say you at least TRIED to take the club back. And don't feel left out of the celebrations the day the Glazers pack their bags.

red4ever 79

We all new this guy was a moron, but some of the things to come out in the last 24 hours about this guy have taken it to a shameful level. Get this parasite out of our club along with the owners. Tragic day

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
The class of 96 need to get back together make a joint statement, have a Zoom or something. Get organised. Keano and Neville and Rio and Cantona would surely be onboard.

0le

The class of 96 need to get back together make a joint statement, have a Zoom or something. Get organised. Keano and Neville and Rio and Cantona would surely be onboard.
It won't work. A sizeable number of fans don't like Neville for example and you will also find fans who don't like the other players that you mentioned, for whatever reason. Our fanbase is divided and this is why the Glazers have got away with so much bullshit.

Coleyoscar

This awful development comes as no surprise to so many of us.
After all, Ed Woodward is the ultimate cynic.
As Oscar Wilde defined it:
"A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing".

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Join MUST, people. Be able to say you at least TRIED to take the club back. And don't feel left out of the celebrations the day the Glazers pack their bags.
Just signed up today. How I haven’t before now is beyond me. I guess I made my peace with being ok with these fluckers making loads of money off us as long as the football was heading in the right direction and they stayed in the background. Ole comes in and we finally start turning it around despite all their dodgy decisions over the years and then they pull this. I can’t support the club when it’s directly backing these muppets while they destroy the core values of the club. I think fan protest will go a lot further this time if they push on. I can’t see the Spanish/Italian clubs/even Liverpool fans taking it lying down like we always seem to end up doing, because we are too big to unite or something. That’s exactly why we should finally unite.

Barthez

It’ll never go through because the unity and collaboration of the fans won’t allow it too!!

I will stand shoulder to shoulder with Liverpool fans and City fans over this in total solidarity.
We are to a man, football fans and this is OUR game, the game we love with a passion.

It WILL NOT be taken from me and us.

MattofManchester

This backstabbing behavior(the pretense and then then the knife) we see Ceferin describe is synonymous with him, isn't it?

Didn't Van Gaal get assured his job only to have his stuff cleared out, and a text message or seething like that?

Didn't Evra find out he was not signing a new deal over text?

Quite a few people have described how he assures them of something and then turns on them, but never directly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What will they do that the haven't been trying for the last 10 years? They're powerless i'm afraid.

The only way this works is if fans fully turn against it, but I just can't see it happening. I think i'll just give it up tbh.