Ed Woodward has resigned from Manchester United | 2024: Returns to football

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Beware of fake news. This is the worst era for ‘trending topics’, everyone starts throwing out opinions and the herd follow.

Anyway, it isn’t even clear whether Woodward was in support of the Super League or not, and none of this matters unless the Glazers follow.

Ranchero

Typical Old Trafford shambles leaking Woodward's early departure but saying nothing about withdrawing from the Super League abomination

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Are you guys high? Glazers won’t find a buyer in the middle of a pandemic. They are businessmen and will only sell at the highest possible price - not when the whole world is in economic instability.. thats obvious.
Well yes, we are high.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Beware of fake news. This is the worst era for ‘trending topics’, everyone starts throwing out opinions and the herd follow.

Anyway, it isn’t even clear whether Woodward was in support of the Super League or not, and none of this matters unless the Glazers follow.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Caius

Just want to say great news and also what a fecking joke all the clubs and the people running them are. Get all of the leeches and businessmen out of running football!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Glazers are apparently punishing us for our insolence. Won't spend any money in upcoming window(s)?

Don’t believe it, they still own the club and it’s a cash cow as long as we are successful. Spending is part of that. They fecked about with the Buccs for years until they realised that they had to spend to win the Super Bowl

Red Star One

So Liverpool supporting friend of mine just texted me it seems like Manchester United won the super league. Certainly feels like it :D:D:D:D:D:D I’m so euphoric

dpansheth

He put £70mil worth of share up for sale last month. Appears to be just to raise some personal cash.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...airman-avran-gram-to-sell-70m-worth-of-shares

"Avram Glazer’s personal stake would reduce to 10.2% if they are sold, reducing the Glazer family’s ownership from 78% to 74.9%"

So barely makes a dent in Glazer ownership, and it doesn't appear he's got buyers yet for it all.
@devilish if they are planning to sell, nothing will be visible on the market. It will be done thru "investment banking" hence no trace

Ranchero

THIS

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Are you guys high? Glazers won’t find a buyer in the middle of a pandemic. They are businessmen and will only sell at the highest possible price - not when the whole world is in economic instability.. thats obvious.
It's 4/20 so being high makes sense. You are spot on, Glazers will never sell now, Man United is still a cash cow.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Just want to say great news and also what a fecking joke all the clubs and the people running them are. Get all of the leeches and businessmen out of running football!
You won’t. Businesses still drive global sport

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I dont think Woodward is that horrible, I think there is a good chance we could get someone worse if the Glazers don't sell the club..

Ronaldo's Love Child

The cynical, grumpy, suspicious bar steward in me is noe beginning to analyse the timing of this and wondering if Woodward's exit announcement was just planned all along.

He was leaving anyway

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Just seen a Tweet up thread (I don't do Twitter) saying apparently he's resigned early to prevent it being leaked.

Absolutely not a chance. You don't go 8 odd months early just because you're worried it's being leaked. If that was the case, if I were him I'd put out a statement announcing my intention to step down at the end of the season, and how I'd be involved in ensuring a stable structure and seamless transition prior to my departure. You don't go early due to potential leaks.

Something far deeper is going on, would he be resigning if the super league were receiving huge support and unanimous backing? I categorically do not think so!

I'm not sure it would indicate Glazers selling, I know he's their man but surely if new owners did buy and wanted to remove him, he'd get a pay out? I know if I was earning what he probably is, and the level of pay out he'd presumably receive I'd sit on my perch, until that happened.

His main job, now his input into the football side of things has been reduced, is bringing money into the club. Had the super league been well received, he's potentially bringing in more money and probably even supported us going for it, though obviously couldn't have over ridden the Glazers if he didn't.

Now it's all blown up, fans protesting etc, you potentially have massive risk of reputation damage, in a time where companies are possibly cutting back due to Covid. As we have probably established over the years, I think the only thing the Glazers would potentially sack Ed for is not being able to make them money. He's jumped before he's pushed? How much decision did he have around the restructure too? I know the new DOF reports to him, but that surely was seen as a loss of power?
But what if there was two schools of thought in the family? One says cash in? The other says (on Woody/JPM advice) super league).

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
@devilish if they are planning to sell, nothing will be visible on the market. It will be done thru "investment banking" hence no trace
I am clueless in all shares related. That's why I am asking in here.

Thanks for the information.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

He resigned from his UEFA position. Was that a bit of a hint? He was the mouthpiece of the owners.

Castia

It won't be us (I desperately hope I'm wrong!)

Why would the Glazers sell when we're such a money maker for them, even without the Super League?
They might want the lump sum, we’re probably talking 3 billion cash or so.

We’re not guaranteed top 4 anymore and it’s going to cost ridiculous amounts of money to keep us competitive

Gandalf

It won't be us (I desperately hope I'm wrong!)

Why would the Glazers sell when we're such a money maker for them, even without the Super League?
I would guess it will be Kroenke if its any of them. He is very tied up with the Rams who are worth way more than Arsenal and he has to consider the probability that they may not even be playing in the Europa for a couple of years.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Glazers are apparently punishing us for our insolence. Won't spend any money in upcoming window(s)?

The Glazers have a huge part in this by driving up the prices, the absolute cocks.
Lets do a bit of historical revision
  • Never defining a player recruitment strategy - what kind of players did we want? Other than "brands"?
  • Getting rid of David Gill at the same time as SAF, losing any kind of negotiating power we had in the market
  • Then allowing Moyes to get rid of all the existing coaching, losing a ton of experience in scouting, further hindering our negotiation abilities
  • The Herrera fake negotiators
  • The fecking fax machine
  • Di Maria
  • Signing players for a crazy fee, taking a loss and then selling them on
  • Signing players that didn't match a manager's preferred style
  • Picking managers with different playing styles, forcing the cycle to restart
  • Being bullish wankers in the transfer market, driving up prices
  • Woodward saying shit to the media, making us look like a powerhouse
They're one of the main reasons that the cost of players has gone up, they have no one to blame but themselves.
They're soulless shite hawks and I really cannot wait until they're gone from this club.