Ed Woodward has resigned from Manchester United | 2024: Returns to football

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Now there's no fall guy anymore. He was the Glazer firewall. The cnuts are stark naked.

Last edited:

Wheato

This is actually really bad for us. A few days ago, we were plotting our summer targets, with the newly appointed director of football making inroads to prospective targets.

If Ed is walking now, then we aint signing anyone. The stadium re-vamp is a pipedream. And Joel Glazer is the vice chairman of this super league nonsense that will leave us like outcasts.

We are screwed both ways.

sosolid4u09

Glad hes gone, for a multitude of reasons

Here's a question though.

As a money man (not football man), his job is to deal with the financials. If the glazers drove this and ed was simply crunching the numbers and sat in meetings, does he deserve to go for this?

bsCallout

This is actually really bad for us. A few days ago, we were plotting our summer targets, with the newly appointed director of football making inroads to prospective targets.

If Ed is walking now, then we aint signing anyone. The stadium re-vamp is a pipedream. And Joel Glazer is the vice chairman of this super league nonsense that will leave us like outcasts.

It's the beginning of the end for the Glazers. The rebirth of our club, with an actual DOF. There will be no SL for us to be in.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

That's the half-empty version. The half-full version is that they publicly tried to destroy the game once and for all, and failed. Sponsors will hopefully be put off, fans absolutely hate them, they've got pretty much everyone hating them, the stock price is down, if we get some form of punishment (points docking, transfer bans, CL ban, whatever) stock price may go much further down. The bigger picture here is way more important than what happens in the transfer market in a particular window. This could be the start of them fecking off.

bdecuc

One money man gone. Delighted. Have to find a way now to ditch the glazers and take some control in our club.

clarkydaz

Way bigger things are happening than a few signings

JG3001

Says a lot that after all the balls ups he’s had, it’s effectively a fallen sponsorship deal that has cost him his job

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Great to see Gary still going after the Glazers, this fat chipmunk stooge isn't enough, he's just their bitch.

Andi Latte

Hope he goes out with a bang and tries his all for Haaland. But knowing him it's gonna be Peter Crouch we're getting in on deadline day unfortunately.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
We might look back in history and regard this ludicrous ESL idea (not the tournament) as a blessing in further uncovering the executives and corporate stooges that ruin football and our glorious club.

Wheato

Way bigger things are happening than a few signings
There was a chink of light emerging at the end of a 8 year long tunnel. This super league is a dead duck anyway. The CEO is a dead duck now as well. When normal service resumes, it will be with another company stooge, but much worse.

Can't see how any of this comes out well for the club and supporters.

Tarrou

It won't be us (I desperately hope I'm wrong!)

Why would the Glazers sell when we're such a money maker for them, even without the Super League?
the money they've made in United is wrapped up in the club valuation and if they feel that is capped out by the rejection of the ESL - they'll be off

they can get a lot more ROI on the ~$2bn or whatever profit they'll make from a sale

the dividends they take yearly is feckall compared to what they'll make from selling - which was always the end-game

clarkydaz

There was a chink of light emerging at the end of a 8 year long tunnel. This super league is a dead duck anyway. The CEO is a dead duck now as well. When normal service resumes, it will be with another company stooge, but much worse.

Can't see how any of this comes out well for the club and supporters.
this guy resigning literally minutes after his botched plan failed is worth half a team of signings

Wheato

this guy resigning literally minutes after his botched plan failed is worth half a team of signings
His plan? The Glazers were the vice chairmen of the european super league. Ed wasn't pulling any strings here, he was just nodding his head, because that's what they paid him to do. Nod and say yes like a good little company stooge.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
:D

Love it!

I love it all

And this!

If the Glazers want the fans to do a u-turn this a start but it needs to continue big time
There's never a u-turn for the Glazers. This has just buried the coffin that they put the final nail in long ago.

Well obviously that's just speculation and I don't get a ton of Sky over here but what I did see yesterday was a concerted effort by a media outlet to denigrate the notion, which suggests to me that they felt their football based revenue stream was under significant threat.
What you saw is a guy that loves Manchester United, probably more than any of us. He spent his life there, he supports the club, he loves the city. He's United through and through, he let his passion come out on TV. Not something you see often from sports pundits.

This just confirms to me that the Glazers are as thick as they look. They don't speak for us, they simply bought the club. They don't decide who is welcome. The thick twats haven't realised that we decide that, not them.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
What you saw is a guy that loves Manchester United, probably more than any of us. He spent his life there, he supports the club, he loves the city. He's United through and through, he let his passion come out on TV. Not something you see often from sports pundits.
I saw more than Gary Neville's rants, to be fair.