Ed Woodward has resigned from Manchester United | 2024: Returns to football

90 + 5min

I actually not really sure if Glazers can stay after this aswell. Time will tell, but this is big. Are they getting cold feet from Johnson?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I reckon he was going to leave to be the deal maker for the ESL.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Guys this was just Ed's plan all along. He was clearly worried about the direction of United and has spent years plotting this as a way to return the club to those who love the club by sacrificing himself.

Praise Ed.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The new guy ,ight be worse. Better hold your horses on those celebrations.
Assuming the Glazers go nowhere, it’ll just be another one of their shill puppets. Surely?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What a beautiful turn of events this has become. Now let’s hope he doesn’t get replaced by another incompetent buffoon.

Sanchez7

I can't take too much pleasure in this to be honest. I don't trust the Glazers to get rid of this prick and replace him with a competent football man, more likely it'll be another pen-pushing yes man in the role.
100% this. Atleast woody was willing to splash money. I don't trust Glazer's to make the right appointment at all.

Ibi Dreams

Is it really news worth celebrating? At the end of the day he is just Glazer's pupper banker turned CEO.
Presumably it means the ESL is dead. Plus Woodward did a horrible job with transfers for most of his reign

DoomSlayer

I don't think I've experienced so much emotion in recent years as much as I have in the last 48 hours. :lol:

Ace

Haha feck off Ed! Had to have seen the writing on the wall with how badly this was planned and introduced over these last 2 days.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
What a roller coaster this has been

From the depths. Like I was really sad. It affected my mood

To sheer ecstasy

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Woodward is gone and I am rejoicing at this news but let's not stop here. Get rid of those leprechaun cnuts as well.

United Hobbit

Wow!

Any statement as to why? Apparently he was planning to quit in the summer.

Surely the super league was right up his street? Wonder if its due to loss of some of his power with our new football director and partial restructure

Now what will we do..

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
I'm not even a United fan but I'm thrilled at this. feck Woodward and feck every single one of the parasitic cnuts who orchestrated this.

Off you feck, stay out of our sport for good you tit.