Eden Hazard | "I am signing for Chelsea"

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm always right

Valencia is a certain starter because he is a beast both on and off the ball and Young is a greater goal threat than Nani, his delivery is superior and he's also a more tactically aware.
Nani is a much better player than Young.

Valencia has never been a "certain" starter. Only Rooney, Evra and Vidic have that honour in our team.

Unbelievable under-rating of Nani, fecking retarded.

RedRover

Are there any laws to prevent SAF going down to the bookies and betting he'll sign a player he knows he's going to sign?

Or if you work in the office of an agent and you know player X will sign somewhere, are you allowed to go bet a million dollars on it?

Perhaps getting paid under the table by the bookie is the way around that, if it's not allowed.
No bookie would take that bet. Perhaps if someone he knew put a bet on it thats a different matter.

I'm always right

No bookie would take that bet. Perhaps if someone he knew put a bet on it thats a different matter.
No bookie would take a million dollar bet on something like that.

And any big wins will always be looked into, it simply would never be worth the risk of it coming back to bite you.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
When someone says that Young is a greater goal threat than Nani, you have to wonder, just how close were their parents?

I'm always right

Thing is guys, Nani is inconsistent. He's also selfish. Then again, Hazard could be just the same.
Every player in the World barring Messi and Ronaldo are inconsistent ffs, especially attacking players, Rooney is one of the worst.

Nani is not selfish at all.

Seriously, some people haven't a fecking clue, they still have an idea of a Nani in their head from 4 years ago. Madness.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Like balls deep in that ass close. He's probably an ass-baby too.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Nani's probably the best finisher in the club now that Owen has gone, Mr. Dink himself. Coolness personified.
Hernandez is the best finisher at the club.

Not sure how Young is a bigger goal threat than Nani though.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
:lol:

Come on Redfighter, bring it in to the Nani thread and prepare to be butt fecked.
Why bother. I made my point, it's my opinion. I don't think Young is a better player than Nani, but lesser players quite often contribute more and I think over a season that Young would. You can try and turn this into a Young vs Nani issue if you want but that's not what I did. My original point was about potentially signing Hazard and Kagawa and that Nani would suffer the most if that happened, which is relevant in the Hazard thread.

If those two players were signed and lived up to the quality and potential they have then both Nani and Young would most likely suffer when selecting a first choice 11. Valencia offers more to the team IMO and his work rate balances out what would be a less defense orientated left side. There are many permutations if we are to play a fluent attacking system but I still maintain that Nani, due to his inconsistencies, not a lack of ability, would be the one who missed out more, unless Valencia, Young or Hazard had any long period of injury.

Just my opinion and the abuse is unecessary. If some of you can't put an argument together without resorting to childish insults then your argument is clearly weak.

Cina

I can put an argument together happily if you bring it to the Nani thread.

The fact that you think our wingers will suffer for games if we sign them suggests that you don't even know what types of players Kagawa and Hazard actually are because they are not the sort of wingers we employ at all, and neither of their futures lie at wide positions, they'll both be at their best when employed in attacking roles through the middle. Like I said, have you even seen them play?

Redfighter

Officially gullible
I won't argue this with you in here, but you're either on a windup or clueless, or maybe both.

The fact that you're calling Kagawa and Hazard wingers proves that. Have you even seen them play?
I never said Kagawa was a winger, I see him as an attacking midfielder/number 10.

I don't think Hazard is an out and out winger either, but neither is Nani when he plays left side. I think Hazard would play from the left but more tucked in, certainly if he was in a starting line up with Kagawa. The interchange and movement would be superb, and Evra would find plenty of space when the fullbacks and wide players tried to track Hazard. It's obvious what Fergie is going for if we sign both.

Cina

So if Kagawa is a number 10 then please explain to me how him playing in our team would have an impact on our wingers?

Hazard isn't even as good a player as Nani yet, obviously the potential is there to be as good or better than him, he's only 21 after all, but he's not a 4-4-2 winger, the only time he'd be used on the left wing would be in a 4-3-3 formation and even then he'd be better utilized as the attacking player in that midfield 3.

I'm always right

So if Kagawa is a number 10 then please explain to me how him playing in our team would have an impact on our wingers?

Hazard isn't even as good a player as Nani yet, obviously the potential is there to be as good or better than him, he's only 21 after all, but he's not a 4-4-2 winger, the only time he'd be used on the left wing would be in a 4-3-3 formation and even then he'd be better utilized as the attacking player in that midfield 3.
This.

But it's obvious Redfighter has never seen Kagawa or Hazard play, so he has no real basis for his argument against Nani.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever

The fact that you think our wingers will suffer for games if we sign them suggests that you don't even know what types of players Kagawa and Hazard actually are because they are not the sort of wingers we employ at all, and neither of their futures lie at wide positions, they'll both be at their best when employed in attacking roles through the middle. Like I said, have you even seen them play?
Didn't Hazard play on the left of a front 3 in the Lille game we all watch last weekend? I'm sure that at some point in this thread some people agreed that's where he plays.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't think it's obvious at all. Signing both would mean a total re-think of our current system.
Actually I don't think that is true. We were a little one dimensional this year in our tactics. 4-4-2 served us well to a point but we didn't have the players to make a three man midfield work. A Hazard or Kagawa, or both, would fit well into a system incorporating 3 men in the centre as they have the technical ability to work in tight spaces and carry the ball. Something we severely lacked with Giggs or Park playing that role.

I realise people think that we could never line up with players like that against City because of their attacking threat but therein lies the key. By setting up with your own players who can cause damage and retain the ball, you put the ball back in their court. Mancini wouldn't have had them pressuring us do high up and their territorial advantage is reduced which in turn allows us into the game.

How we lined up invited them to take a risk and play high up and attack as we had no outs. A team with the likes of Hazard or Kagawa instead of Park and Giggs gives a hell of a lot more for them to think about.

Cina

Didn't Hazard play on the left of a front 3 in the Lille game we all watch last weekend? I'm sure that at some point in this thread some people agreed that's where he plays.
That's why I said above that he'd be used on the left here in a 4-3-3 formation. :)

I've watched him quite a bit for Lille and firmly believe his eventual position will be through the middle.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Every player in the World barring Messi and Ronaldo are inconsistent ffs, especially attacking players, Rooney is one of the worst.

Nani is not selfish at all.

Seriously, some people haven't a fecking clue, they still have an idea of a Nani in their head from 4 years ago. Madness.
30+ goals in two of his last three seasons says otherwise, I wouldn't class that as inconsistent, and goals isn't his only part of his game.

I know his short passing may be off some games, but Ronaldos isn't great either, he loses the often too.

If theres one thing Rooney hasn't been this season, IMO, its inconsistant

Zen

Moving forward....tactics wise more than anything, Hazard makes tenfold more sense than Nani. Does it mean he's better right now? It doesn't matter. Playing with 2 wingers holds us back incredibly against the biggest and more possession based teams, and Valencia offers more as the right sided guy, especially with Rafael as the fullback....again, does it mean he's better? Doesn't matter.

Young would obviously be the one they'd like to get rid of should they get both targets, but any buying club could see through this and we'd certainly not get any luxury English player tax. Whereas you could still see Nani going for a big profit on what we paid for him.

All 5 would work fine in the first year though, Kagawa and Hazard gonna need time to bed in.

Cina

The word 'consistent' has no meaning on this board anymore. Everybody seems to see it in a different light.

Plan M

The word 'consistent' has no meaning on this board anymore. Everybody seems to see it in a different light.
What I do know is that you can't use the word 'consistent' and Nani in the same sentence.

Actually, I just did - but you know what I mean.

As for Hazard - yes please!

I'm always right

What I do know is that you can't use the word 'consistent' and Nani in the same sentence.
Well if we're playing that game:

* What I do know is that you can't use the word 'consistent' and Rooney in the same sentence.

etc
etc
etc

Nani's assist and goalscoring stats when he's on an injury free run are as good as anyone around barring the 2 freaks.

Zen

Rooney is the ONLY player in Europe to have been involved in 25 goals(scored or directly assisted) for 8 years in a row now despite his endless injuries, fair few suspensions and playing like 5 positions. #notconsistent

David Villa was the only one who bettered him(10 seasons) going into this season.

Stretch

Well if we're playing that game:

* What I do know is that you can't use the word 'consistent' and Rooney in the same sentence.

etc
etc
etc

Nani's assist and goalscoring stats when he's on an injury free run are as good as anyone around barring the 2 freaks.
Nani's even been Portugal main engine for general attacking threat in past few years. Well at least from what I've seen.

People still have Nani of 4 years ago in their mind. Over the past 2 seasons, barring injury layoffs, he's been phenomenal for us.

Name Changed

weso26
If somehow we did sign Kagawa and Hazard, somebody in the team would have to suffer. They all can't play all the time. Nani would have to play less, as would Valencia & Young and probably Welbeck if we played either behind Rooney.

I'm always right

Rooney is the ONLY player in Europe to have been involved in 25 goals(scored or directly assisted) for 8 years in a row now despite his endless injuries, fair few suspensions and playing like 5 positions. #notconsistent
So Rooney doesn't have fecking terrible spells of form?

Sure :wenger:

Brophs

The One and Only
Why does it have to be Rooney v Nani? They're both great players. Losing either one of them would be rough for us. But they shouldn't be immune from a bit of criticism either.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
----------------Carrick-------Scholes/Cleverly

Valencia--------------Kagawa-----------------Hazard/Young

----------------Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez

Looks good to me.
What's Welbeck done to deserve being dumped out of the starting XI?

Young is a greater goal threat than Nani, his delivery is superior and he's also a more tactically aware.
You must be joking? The only thing Young has in his favour of Nani (and Valencia for that matter) is he's a more clinical finisher that doesn't make him a great goal threat though simply because his all round play is a million light years behind that of Nani. I'm particularly amused by the part where you say Young's deliver is superior as well.

We wont sign both Kagawa and Hazard and I dont see Fergie dropping Welbeck after a very good first season so whoever signs will play from the left wing which is maybe the reason why the whole Kagawa story has gone quiet as from what I've seen we'd get far more out of Hazard from that position than we would Kagawa

Cina

We're getting rid of Berbatov, Owen and maybe Park, not to mention how injury prone our players are. It really won't limit game time that much for our regulars. People are overreacting here.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
------- Modric - Carrick

Nani ---- Kagawa ---- Hazard

----------- Rooney

Yes, I am a muppet but that would be strong enough to challenge for the CL. Imagine the bench of Welbeck, Hernandez, Young, Valencia etc. I think you are looking at 35m each for Hazard, 15m for Kagawa. With players sales, that would be around 65m net - not beyond the realm of possibility as a one-off night of recent spending I don't think.

Redfighter

Officially gullible

Like I said, have you even seen them play?
Yes, I've watched all of Dortmunds games on espn this season and Kagawa plays central as the more advanced of a midfield 3. He does however press high up the pitch assisting the forward when Dortmnd don't have the ball. I think this is the position we should play him, although he has the ability to play anywhere along the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 formation, which is, I believe, where we are heading. The same can be said of Hazard and I think if both were signed, when they line up together then Hazard would be the one playing from the left, with Kagawa central and Valencia right. It allows the current excellent width we get from Valencia and the ability as a team to spread the play and having a player such as Hazard on the left creates space for Evra to overlap as he does now. I think ultimate A Hazard, Kagawa, Rooney combination would be a wonderfully fluid attack full of movement and incision.

I think that just signing Kagawa would allow us to play this way anyway with Nani as the left sided player. However, I believe Hazard is seen as a player that can ultimately offer more than Nani or Young in that position and it's a case of buying that special player that can win a game on his own, which currently I believe we lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.