Eden Hazard | Real Madrid Confirm the signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebo

Hazard must stay. It''s never a good idea for the league to lose its best players. It sort of makes the money in the premier league useless to some extent

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Hazard must stay. It''s never a good idea for the league to lose its best players. It sort of makes the money in the premier league useless to some extent
I kind of agree. On the one hand it makes Chelsea less of a threat so it's good for us in that way. On the other, having our best teams semi-regularly losing their best players to Spain does perpetuate the 'Spain as the dream destination' thing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They are saying Chelsea want a world record deal. A lot of clubs will be in for him next year.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
People tend to forget he was won the league twice under different managers plus some other trophies like the FA cup, if he wants a new challenge he should be allowed to leave I think he's gone as far as he can with Chelsea. I had started to unappreciate how good he really is, but that game he played against Brazil spoke volumes. Having said that, I wouldn't be terrified if say someone like United signed him as I know deep down he still wouldn't score the goals needed to win you guys league/CL

Castia

Good player but not the player Madrid need. They need a player capable of 30 goals (and even then it’s nowhere near Ronaldo) and I can’t see them spending 150m plus on Hazard then a further 100m for a quality striker.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
Can call Chelsea any names but never a "selling club". Chelsea have had lots of super star players in the "Abramovich era", all of them coveted by the best clubs, but none left and to be fair Chelsea have never looked like Liverpool for example to be bullied into accepting the first offer for their star players. They are actually ruthless negociators, can't think of any other club to make a fortune out of selling bang average players.

Apart from Robben, no Chelsea top player left in the Abramovich era. And maybe Gudjohnsen.

Lampard, Terry, Drogba, Cech, Ashley Cole, Joe Cole, Carvalho, Ivanovic etc have had their prime years by playing for Chelsea and they've all left once their legs were gone. There have been a lot of big clubs and there still are that would get bullied into selling their star player once a bigger club comes asking, but Chelsea is not among those. Hazard might leave, but there is a big chance he stays put, too.

I'm sure it's going to be a hell of a ride for Madrid to negociate with Chelsea. They won't let Hazard go unless they get what they ask for and surely in a market where one season wonders are worth over 100M, Chelsea values Hazard around the 200M mark for sure.
Because so many people are just licking their chops at the prospect of Hazard leaving, most don’t seem to acknowledge this. As a chelsea fan I’ve more or less come to grips at the fact that there is a good chance he could leave this summer. Yet some people would have you think that Chelsea are the size of Wigan.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Because so many people are just licking their chops at the prospect of Hazard leaving, most don’t seem to acknowledge this. As a chelsea fan I’ve more or less come to grips at the fact that there is a good chance he could leave this summer. Yet some people would have you think that Chelsea are the size of Wigan.
Well no, just that few people think Hazard and Courtois contract situation won't help Chelsea and they will end up losing big money if they don't sell now.

Denis79

On his day he's at the absolute top of world football. I rate him highly.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If he wants the move, he needs to push chelsea for it. No way we pay more than 150mil in transfer fee for him

Patrick08

If he wants the move, he needs to push chelsea for it. No way we pay more than 150mil in transfer fee for him
That's the problem with Spanish clubs now. They want the players to burn the bridges at their clubs. Should just pay the fee or you don't have them. They pretty much adopt the same policy themselves.

Reactions: Penna

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

#Chelsea, double blow out: #Courtois and #Hazard towards Real Madrid

davidmichael

#Chelsea, double blow out: #Courtois and #Hazard towards Real Madrid
As far as media goes that’s about as much confirmation as you’ll ever get, I’d expect Chelsea to get £200 million for the pair but you’re looking at spending all of that on two players to replace them and most likely inferior players at that.

jack1092

Supports
Liverpool
Overpriced and over there! He's a fantastic player on his day, but his numbers don't stack up- When Alexis was signing for UTD, i was pointing out to a colleague how good his numbers are compared to Hazard- alright it hasn't worked yet...but Hazard's numbers just aren't consistent enough for Real Madrid when they are losing Ronaldo.

Of course a fit Bale could help them a lot (unless he goes too) and maybe they could sign another big one, say Mbappe? God knows, Madrid always seem to get their way.

arthurka

He's so overrated it's hilarious.
He's clearly a very good player but his fan boys bang on about him as if he's the next coming.
Isn't he always one of the key players when the Chelski manager inevitably gets fired?
I simply don't know what he's 10/10 at; not really a goalscorer, nor an assist machine...
I fully agree , really hit and miss . Silk on the ball but really wants to be the main man . His games in the knock out phase were the biggest showcase that one player has ever played . Hogged the ball, passed it to late every time or didnt pass it at all.

His output for a player who wants the ball all the time just isnt really all that . Replacing Ronaldo with him will be an interesting watch to say the least.

Radialwellendichtring

How did Hazard trick the world into thinking he was a top player again? If Real sign him as their marquee signing, their domination is over. Such an overrated fair weather player with built in losing mentality

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Agreed.

He’s amazing. We really missed out not signing him back then.
Typical penny pinching by us during this period. The debt probably had a lot to do with it.

He will certainly cost north of £150m. You don’t think it should at least equal Coutinho?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He will certainly cost north of £150m. You don’t think it should at least equal Coutinho?
No, but it doesn't really matter what i think he should cost. I'm saying i don't believe the club will be willing to spend more than that

Kostov

Can't wait to see the back of him really. Fecking hate seeing him play for Chelsea, the ultimate miss we made during SAF's last years.

shield

Would like to see how Chelsea manage without him if he leaves. Has been bailing them out for so long. Mourinho's entire ultra defensive system worked because he always managed to make something happen for them and then they sat and defended.

MUFC OK

Can't wait to see the back of him really. Fecking hate seeing him play for Chelsea, the ultimate miss we made during SAF's last years.
Same, would rather not face a Chelsea with Hazard in their team. There were a few; David Silva and Aguero, Arturo Vidal, Raphael Varane. There are many more, I can remember fans screaming for us to sign on here only for them to become world class elsewhere.

Eddy_JukeZ

Can't wait to see him leave either.

He raises his game to the max vs us.

I think Chelsea will struggle a lot without him next season.

Will be interesting to see how he copes in Real.

jack1092

Supports
Liverpool
No, but it doesn't really matter what i think he should cost. I'm saying i don't believe the club will be willing to spend more than that
No probably not + here's why:

Coutinho in recent seasons has had better numbers than Hazard- Hazard doesn't do enough scoring and assisting. Especially when you consider he's their penalty taker.

Last season Hazard scored a goal every 202 mins + an assist every 608 mins...
Last season for LFC, Coutinho: goal 159 + assist every 186 mins....

I could go back the previous two seasons as well..

Hazard had a decent world cup and that recency bias is playing on everyones mind- he's unplayable on his day, but is he going to replace Ronaldo for Real? No.

Goals and assists pay the bills for these luxury players, and as much as Hazard can be deadly and lovely to watch he simply doesn't do it enough.

Eddy_JukeZ

Same, would rather not face a Chelsea with Hazard in their team. There were a few; David Silva and Aguero, Arturo Vidal, Raphael Varane. There are many more, I can remember fans screaming for us to sign on here only for them to become world class elsewhere.
We made a bid for Silva in 2008, but Valencia rejected it under the notion that if Silva were to leave, he'd leave for Real or Barca. Think it was around 17 million too. What a steal.

I don't think we ever came back for him. He would have been a great signing then.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If the rumors of 160 million for Hazard and Courtois is true then it's a very good deal for Madrid.

MUFC OK

We made a bid for Silva in 2008, but Valencia rejected it under the notion that if Silva were to leave, he'd leave for Real or Barca. Think it was around 17 million too. What a steal.

I don't think we ever came back for him. He would have been a great signing then.
We really missed out there. It kind of reminds me of now where all the best young talent in Europe are being signed up and we are content with Jones, Smalling, Young, Valencia, Rojo, Fellaini, Mata, oh and Darmian is still here.

Kostov

Yes there are few, but Hazard is a unique talent. Dare I say if we had him post SAF we would have fared much better.

MUFC OK

Yes there are few, but Hazard is a unique talent. Dare I say if we had him post SAF we would have fared much better.
Of course, hes the sort of creative wide player that we haven't had since Ronaldo, and he's not as good, but still feel we are missing that. The sort of player that if you have him in your team, it can make up for deficiencies elsewhere.

settembrini

Hopefully Madrid buy Hazard and Courtois so Chelsea lose their best attacker and United are certain to keep De Gea for the foreseeable future.

Then Chelsea buy Alisson and Liverpool end up sticking with Karius.

Then United buy a left back and a right winger!

Status
Not open for further replies.