Eden Hazard

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I remember that, but it wouldn't be the 1st time a manager/family lied to protect a player.

Did his hip injury recover by the time he ended Spurs' title hopes at the Bridge?
Hiddink openly admitted our equalizer vs Everton was miles offside, he couldn't lie to save his life.

Hazard's injury flared up again vs Palace, to which he was out for a couple of weeks then Guus spent about a month easing him back in from the bench to aid a full recovery, and after that yes he slowly started picking up again which culminated in Spurs and Anfield performances.

The only stupid thing Hazard did was playing with the injury, he should have done what CR7 did in 2008 and sat out the start of the season.

robbie81

Supports
Chelsea
That’s unlike Hazard’s nature, rarely sulks. Guy is a consummate professional.
As said above, him having a questionable attitude is more a myth than anything. He is in his prime and i got no doubt he would give it all if he stays at Chelsea. His family is fine with London, and the new coach who seem to be more relaxed and most likely is more suited to get the best out of a team offensively might even change his mind about leaving. I personally think what Hazard wants the most is a shot at the CL, that simple.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Wish Real would take him. He was beating the Arsenal players without leaving second gear.

Eddy_JukeZ

Wish Real would take him. He was beating the Arsenal players without leaving second gear.
They don't want him badly enough to pay 150 mil +.

Wonder what Real do next summer if they go trophy-less this season.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
They don't want him badly enough to pay 150 mil +.

Wonder what Real do next summer if they go trophy-less this season.
The key will be whether Hazard signs an extension with Chelsea this year - if he goes into next summer on the last year of his deal Chelsea will most likely sell him I'd reckon. Much will be down to whether he enjoys playing under Sarri - early signs seem to be good:

Eddy_JukeZ

The key will be whether Hazard signs an extension with Chelsea this year - if he goes into next summer on the last year of his deal Chelsea will most likely sell him I'd reckon. Much will be down to whether he enjoys playing under Sarri - early signs seem to be good:

I imagine he'll stay. Sarri might employ him in a similar role to Mertens long term.

Would be surprised if he didn't sign an extension. Especially if the above happens.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Excellent cameo today. Just a different class compared to the likes of Pedro and Willian.

RooneyLegend

We'll learn this season just how good he is. He'll have the same fortunate circumstances that the other world stars have and he'll have to prove just what level of a player he really is. Fantastic opportunity for him as he'll be the fulcrum of a pure attacking side with a modern approach. The next 5 years will define his career way more than what he's done already imo.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Its the first time hes had freedom in attack from the manager this season. Seems to have finally got to that next level hes been teasing for years. His performances have gone up a level since the WC. Has to sustain it though.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Been the best player in the league this season imo.
If you leave out 2015/16 I think, you could make a case about him being the best player overall in the last few years. After all, he has 2 EPL in the last 4 seasons.

You were right with your post above about him thriving in this system, but the reason why I rate him is that he is not so system dependent like the rest of the pack who are in that world-class bracket. Put him in a counter-attacking system like before and he will be brilliant (Mourinho second season and Conte first), change it to possession one like this season even more so.

UncleBob

Its the first time hes had freedom in attack from the manager this season. Seems to have finally got to that next level hes been teasing for years. His performances have gone up a level since the WC. Has to sustain it though.
He'll be mint this season and average next season. Stays on here.

kidbob

I'm not even a Chelsea fan but I get frustrated with the guy. Arguably he's the third most gifted player in the World but he has always seemed to lack the drive to hurt teams the way the other 2 do. I don't expect the amount of goals that Ronaldo gets or the amount of assists that Messi gets, as Hazard isn't on their level, but he should affect games at all times. Started the season very well and now we will maybe see that all he really needed was an attack minded manager. Insanely talented player.

Renegade

Given complete freedom. Players like this should have no defensive responsibility. I remember Jose slaughtering him after a game vs Athletico for not tracking back.

RedStarUnited

He once said he never cared about goals and when he has 15 goals in a season he is happy. He pretty much said that what seperated him from Messi and Ronaldo.

zakk88

Supports
Chelsea
No not even close . His numbers are nowhere near that. But he is so annoyingly gifted. Glides over the pitch and gives people all sorts of problems .
Its not always about numbers though, players like Modric are touted as one of the top 3 players for the ballon dor. George Weah won the ballon dor with just 18 goals that season.

arthurka

Its not always about numbers though, players like Modric are touted as one of the top 3 players for the ballon dor. George Weah won the ballon dor with just 18 goals that season.
Yeah but Hazard is a offensive free role player , he should be getting great numbers season after season now . He isnt young either he is getting close to his peak .

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
When he's on his game he's phenomenal, but he struggles with inconsistency IMO. Probably the best player in the league when he's on it though.

Would absolutely love him at United!

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
When he's on his game he's phenomenal, but he struggles with inconsistency IMO. Probably the best player in the league when he's on it though.

Would absolutely love him at United!
With due respect, apart from that half a season he is as consistent as any footballer in premiership. His numbers against top teams are impressive. He has been big part of our recent prem wins.