Eden Hazard

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Checked and found out there is no new thread on him recently.
Bit of an odd situation that has gone under the radar. He has a contract till 2020 but is apparently refusing to sign a new one. We could see a situation where Chelsea could be forced to sell. A few papers have conveniently linked him to us but that will never happen. Real could view this as a pretty straightforward deal to rejuvenate their attack, along with Salah.
Does the caf think he will go?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's not going to improve at Chelsea and I mean no disrespect in saying that because he's at a level where only playing at a Barca or PSG will do that for him, based on a recent interview from him though being the best isn't on his agenda so maybe personal improvement isn't that important to him

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I think he might. Real haven't spent much in the last few seasons and with Ronaldo misfiring, Bale constantly injured and Benzema still missing guilt edge chances + them having an under-par season and no recent 'Galactico' signings, it would seem logically that they are gearing up for a big purchase or two.

He might be the most attainable and best player available given the situation, but I think it depends just how much they are willing to spend. Chelsea will probably want a similar fee to Coutinho, but Liverpool - despite him wanting out - at least had the luxury of having him tied down to a very long-term contract.

2020 might seem far away, but if he wants to go and they don't sell him in the summer, they're then faced with selling him when he's only got 12 months left on his deal and you'd struggle to see them get £100m+ in that scenario, which is the type of money they'd need to adequately replace him. That could put them in an awkward situation where if he wants out and won't sign a new contract, they might have to cut their losses and do it this summer. Obviously the WC complicates proceedings, though.

Member 5225

They'd only be 'forced' to sell latter part of 2019 - would be too old by then?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I’d say Madrid might be interested. Zidane is a big admirer - but I’m not sure if he’s still in a job come seasons end. I can’t see Barca wanting him after signing Dembele & Coutinho. Also there’s a ton of AG to Barca rumors. Maybe PSG to replace Cavani when he moves on?

But yeah, not sure really. Always thought he’d end up at Madrid.

Bojan11

He won’t go as he’d prefer running down the wing and crossing balls to Andy Carroll. Am I right @duffer?

RooneyLegend

Pretty surer they'll tie him up, probably just wants more money. Chelsea need to change a lot at the club to get the best out of him though. Why a club with so much wealth chooses to play pragmatic football is beyond me.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty surer they'll tie him up, probably just wants more money. Chelsea need to change a lot at the club to get the best out of him though. Why a club with so much wealth chooses to play pragmatic football is beyond me.
We've become stingy with our transfers.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Would love chelsea to be weakened but its no good for the league if we keep losing our best players to La Liga.
Doing well in Europe would help too.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Would love chelsea to be weakened but its no good for the league if we keep losing our best players to La Liga.
I'm not criticizing your POV, I just try to understand it because I know many PL fans share it. I personally don't give a feck about the quality of the league. I know I'll watch it regardless of which superstar leaves. The PL is and will always be bigger than a few big names. If Hazard leaves them, I say it's very good.

Swift Football

I second that...I would like to see Hazard and kane in the PL instead of la liga. Tired of seeeing top players go to Madrid/Barca.

I would like to see top players distributed among top clubs and not just all playing for 2 teams. THis is actually one thing that emergence of PSG and City have helped.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Checked and found out there is no new thread on him recently.
Bit of an odd situation that has gone under the radar. He has a contract till 2020 but is apparently refusing to sign a new one. We could see a situation where Chelsea could be forced to sell. A few papers have conveniently linked him to us but that will never happen. Real could view this as a pretty straightforward deal to rejuvenate their attack, along with Salah.
Does the caf think he will go?
He isn't refusing to sign a new one, both him and Courtois are signalling they'll sign soon. As for Real, it would probably be a terrible move for him. He's not a Ronaldo character who is driven and ambitious and doesn't care what other people think, Hazard has always given the impression that being happy and enjoying his football comes above everything else for him. The idea of having 80,000 people booing him at the Bernabéu when he has an off day seems like the opposite of what he needs to make him perform. Who knows, maybe he'll go there anyway, but I think he'd regret it.

Zlatattack

Madrid bound i reckon. He'll be part of their re-build. I think they want to move on BBC.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
I think Hazard will wait until the summer before re-signing. I think he is interested to see how the manager situation plays out.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
On a serious note, Real Madrid need a goalscorer, not Hazard. Hazard is never going to get the numbers Ronaldo or Bale have gotten, and Benzema is shot. Hazard's best years are behind him. Genuinely don't see his game going up another level, he's never been that kind of player which has frustrated a lot of Chelsea fans about him. I reckon Real are better off looking at Neymar or Kane if they want a player capable of putting up the numbers Ronaldo has in the past.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I think Hazard will wait until the summer before re-signing. I think he is interested to see how the manager situation plays out.
Feels like there's a bit of an odd feeling at Chelsea right now. They're squad isn't as balanced as it was and it's clear Courtois and Hazard are levels above the rest. Kante has dipped, and those 2 have contracts ending at the same time. I can't think of another side this seems to happen to as often as Chelsea - jumping from looking like the best to totally ordinary. It's kind of indicative of the Abramovic era: lots of highs mixed with some very weird, squad crumbling lows.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Madrid will have to replace Benzema and Ronaldo in the transfer window, so it could be the summer where Hazard moves. Madrid's options will be limited to Dybala, Hazard and Kane, unless there really is something in those crazy rumours about Neymar being unhappy.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
On a serious note, Real Madrid need a goalscorer, not Hazard. Hazard is never going to get the numbers Ronaldo or Bale have gotten, and Benzema is shot. Hazard's best years are behind him. Genuinely don't see his game going up another level, he's never been that kind of player which has frustrated a lot of Chelsea fans about him. I reckon Real are better off looking at Neymar or Kane if they want a player capable of putting up the numbers Ronaldo has in the past.
On the contary, im glad Hazard isn't the type of player to take 10 low percentage shots a game to pad out his goal tally.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
Feels like there's a bit of an odd feeling at Chelsea right now. They're squad isn't as balanced as it was and it's clear Courtois and Hazard are levels above the rest. Kante has dipped, and those 2 have contracts ending at the same time. I can't think of another side this seems to happen to as often as Chelsea - jumping from looking like the best to totally ordinary. It's kind of indicative of the Abramovic era: lots of highs mixed with some very weird, squad crumbling lows.

That's what happens when you hire and fire so often without much of an identity. What Roman and the board need to do, is decide on how we want to play and bring in a coach with similar philosophy. If Roman wants attractive football (which has so often been said he does) and a focus more on bringing youth through, he needs to hire a manager who will focus on this.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
That's what happens when you hire and fire so often without much of an identity. What Roman and the board need to do, is decide on how we want to play and bring in a coach with similar philosophy. If Roman wants attractive football (which has so often been said he does) and a focus more on bringing youth through, he needs to hire a manager who will focus on this.
True, but you can't deny it's not worked for you. May be dysfunctional and annoying, but if you'd been told at the start of Abramovic's reign you were going to win what you have in 15 years, you'd have taken it at any cost, surely?

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
On the contary, im glad Hazard isn't the type of player to take 10 low percentage shots a game to pad out his goal tally.
Goals win you games. As good as Hazard is, he isn't selfish or clinical enough. When a team goes through goal droughts like we have, you need a player to pull you out of that slump by scoring goals and being direct. Too often he'll slow the game down and not lift his head up and have a go at goal.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Goals win you games. As good as Hazard is, he isn't selfish or clinical enough. When a team goes through goal droughts like we have, you need a player to pull you out of that slump by scoring goals and being direct. Too often he'll slow the game down and not lift his head up and have a go at goal.
Goals win games but shooting from unrealistic position's ruins promosing attacks. There's many times we have scored due to Hazard being unselfish in situations some others would have took a speculative low percentage shot, the one big example i always use is how he set up Rami vs United in the cup that time.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
True, but you can't deny it's not worked for you. May be dysfunctional and annoying, but if you'd been told at the start of Abramovic's reign you were going to win what you have in 15 years, you'd have taken it at any cost, surely?
Of course, but then you're constantly getting attached to a manager, only for him to be fired lol. It is why I have respect for Spurs and Liverpool because they've got an identity and stuck with the coach, now it's starting to pay off. I suppose similar can be said for City too with their attacking style, their identity has been consistent throughout their takeover. It's like you go from Mourinho to Ancellotti, to AVB, to Conte, it's different styles and ideas, which means recruiting a myriad of different players instead of every season going for the same type of player to fit an idea.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
The wheels have come off the wagon, the 3-5-2 is not bringing us goals and the midfield is not working as so many injuries with new players no-one has time to settle.

I think we should go either 3-4-3 or 4-4-2 and fast.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Of course, but then you're constantly getting attached to a manager, only for him to be fired lol. It is why I have respect for Spurs and Liverpool because they've got an identity and stuck with the coach, now it's starting to pay off. I suppose similar can be said for City too with their attacking style, their identity has been consistent throughout their takeover. It's like you go from Mourinho to Ancellotti, to AVB, to Conte, it's different styles and ideas, which means recruiting a myriad of different players instead of every season going for the same type of player to fit an idea.
Absolutely, especially in Spurs' case - they've managed to keep up with the rest (bar City) whilst putting out relatively little outlay transfer wise and funding a new stadium. If you compare that to what Arsenal have done, debt free, in that time, it's pretty damning on them. In regards to a 'Chelsea' style though - has there ever been a distinct style of play linked with you guys? Not meaning that as a dig in any way, it's just with both Spurs and Liverpool you know about how they historically played, same with us, and Arsene massively changed the perception of Arsenal since joining. Obviously City have been planning for Pep for years. I remember you guys having fantastic foreign players in the mid-late 90s, and then into the Abramovic period, but I can't recall a specific style that was typically "Chelsea".

The wheels have come off the wagon, the 3-5-2 is not bringing us goals and the midfield is not working as so many injuries with new players no-one has time to settle.

I think we should go either 3-4-3 or 4-4-2 and fast.
Do you think you'll make any moves this window? Is the Carroll thing real?

hubbuh

I'm not criticizing your POV, I just try to understand it because I know many PL fans share it. I personally don't give a feck about the quality of the league. I know I'll watch it regardless of which superstar leaves. The PL is and will always be bigger than a few big names. If Hazard leaves them, I say it's very good.
I used to be of the same opinion, but as someone with only enough time/effort in him to watch one league (and Champions League, obviously!) regularly, it's nice to have the best players doing their stuff in England. From a personal point of view, I'd be miffed if Kane went to Madrid for this very reason.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I used to be of the same opinion, but as someone with only enough time/effort in him to watch one league (and Champions League, obviously!) regularly, it's nice to have the best players doing their stuff in England. From a personal point of view, I'd be miffed if Kane went to Madrid for this very reason.
I get you and I respect your view. Kane can feck off as far I'm concerned :D

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think Zidane won’t be in a job come the summer

After that who knows? New manager might not fancy hazard as a player

I suspect him and courtois will re-sign new contracts

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Just makes sense for him to not sign a contract yet even though he feels like he could be at Chelsea for years. The "one year left" chip is a stronger bargaining chip than the "two years left" one.

I understand that Chelsea would want him to sign ASAP but there's no hurry, he can sign again in the summer.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
He'll sign a 4.5 years contract and go to Real Madrid half a year later. That strategy seems to be the recent trend among footballers.