Eden Hazard

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
Do you think you'll make any moves this window? Is the Carroll thing real?
Not sure, might be thinking to have him on the bench and allow Batshuyai to go.
Would prefer someone else yet after signing three injured players; Bakayoko, Drinkwater and Barkley not sure what they're thinking.

freeurmind

weak willed
What's happened to this guy? Remember when people were calling him the third best player in the world?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
What's happened to this guy? Remember when people were calling him the third best player in the world?
Doesn't quite have the desire to be as good as he can be I don't think. Maybe going to Madrid will ignite him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Doesn't quite have the desire to be as good as he can be I don't think. Maybe going to Madrid will ignite him.
He never had, and at his age i'm not sure even playing at real madrid will stoke that fire. In fact, it might make it even worse

As for people calling him the 3rd best player in the world, those people were blind or clueless or morons, is all

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He never had the talent to be the 3rd best player in the world. The whole "if only he wanted it" has stopped being funny a long time ago
Agree, but he has the talent to be as good as De Bruyne and better than Bale for example. He never cared enough about it

Enigma_87

You know who
Agree, but he has the talent to be as good as De Bruyne and better than Bale for example. He never cared enough about it
Bale is better than De Bruyne tho. That is when he's fit, which doesn't happen very often now.

Hazard is too inconsistent. Would be a good fit for you guys tho.

RooneyLegend

He needs to stop playing in mediocre attacking sides if he's to really make a step up. Might have to leave Chelsea to do it or Chelsea could sort themselves out and stop acting like they're a side with limited resources.

ti vu

Won't Real persuade him not to sign a contract like that ? It would mean paying much more for him.
I think the other poster means Hazard'd ask for a release clause/gentleman agreement to help Chelsea get a decent fee. However, we never know how different players behave

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Eh. He's outrageously comfortable dribbling with the ball in tight spaces and is often the main creative hub at Chelsea, but he's 27 now and I don't think he's ever had a season that stands head and shoulders from his league rivals and makes you think he's fully realised all that potential he broke through at Lille with.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bale is better than De Bruyne tho. That is when he's fit, which doesn't happen very often now.
De Bruyne this season is a level above Bale's ever been

I am not so sure about the "caring enough" tbh. He has always been a bit inconsistent.
The story that sticks with me is from when he was 22, played a friendly against ivory coast iirc, team winning 2-0, gets subbed off with 20 minutes to go, before the game is over him and his dad are eating at a burger king near the stadium. He never had the drive and motivation to become the best. He's 27 and still hasn't learned to shoot properly ffs
He will be awesome for us. I'm absolutely certain of it.
Well, at least that's one of us

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
De Bruyne this season is a level above Bale's ever been

The story that sticks with me is from when he was 22, played a friendly against ivory coast iirc, team winning 2-0, gets subbed off with 20 minutes to go, before the game is over him and his dad are eating at a burger king near the stadium. He never had the drive and motivation to become the best. He's 27 and still hasn't learned to shoot properly ffs

Well, at least that's one of us
Friendly against Ivory Coast and winning 2-0, I mean come on, those are the perfect conditions to relax. I don't think he could have achieved more than he has, that'd be expecting too much from him.

Emzreus

There rumours he takes training lightly.
Who knows, I never believe those rumors though.
Tbh they aren't rumours per say cause he said it himself in an interview, I think.

www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11668/11146832/eden-hazard-says-he-takes-it-easy-in-chelsea-training-after-bruising-matches

We don't have many breaks in the season, so I try in training to have more of a rest, and then in the games I give everything. Do I get a lot of bruises? Yes. Sometimes I'm feeling a lot. I get a lot of fouls, a lot on my ankle.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He never had, and at his age i'm not sure even playing at real madrid will stoke that fire. In fact, it might make it even worse

As for people calling him the 3rd best player in the world, those people were blind or clueless or morons, is all
Hey, Giorno, easy. In his position, he is in top 3. He played for Jose and Conte. Now, I love Jose, but if you let him attacking freedom like you did for your players in Madrid he could be immense.

Edit: you scouse lover...:wenger:

kouroux

Womp

idiot
Hey, Giorno, easy. In his position, he is in top 3. He played for Jose and Conte. Now, I love Jose, but if you let him attacking freedom like you did for your players in Madrid he could be immense.

Edit: you scouse lover...:wenger:
Jose's all about attacking freedom to star players? That's all Hazard got.

Jim Beam

Jose's all about attacking freedom to star players? That's all Hazard got.
Yep, in a way. Probably should put it better, he is not a fighter and Jose sometimes have a problem with those type of players. That's why I think Alexis will fit excellent here. In any way, think he would suit that Madrid team much better than what he is showing under Conte.

Womp

idiot
Yep, in a way. Probably should put it better, he is not a fighter and Jose sometimes have a problem with those type of players. That's why I think Alexis will fit excellent here. In any way, think he would suit that Madrid team much better than what he is showing under Conte.
Whilst I agree with you, if you're not a 'fighter' I don't think you'd do too well at Madrid. That place is a fecking hell hole, the fans are crazy, the players are all up themselves and the media coverage is brutal.

He'd obviously do better than at Chelsea as he'd be surrounded by better players, but I don't think he'll be top 3 in the World. He's just not that good. World Class on his day though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Friendly against Ivory Coast and winning 2-0, I mean come on, those are the perfect conditions to relax. I don't think he could have achieved more than he has, that'd be expecting too much from him.
It's more the fact of a young player just recently starting to play for his country's NT, caring so little about it he's eating junk food while the game's still on

Jim Beam

Whilst I agree with you, if you're not a 'fighter' I don't think you'd do too well at Madrid. That place is a fecking hell hole, the fans are crazy, the players are all up themselves and the media coverage is brutal.

He'd obviously do better than at Chelsea as he'd be surrounded by better players, but I don't think he'll be top 3 in the World. He's just not that good. World Class on his day though.
I think he needs just more attacking platform. He would get it in Madrid. I also don't think he is top 3 in the world, but top 3 in his position definitely.

kouroux

It's more the fact of a young player just recently starting to play for his country's NT, caring so little about it he's eating junk food while the game's still on
I honestly don't see a problem in that instance. You could have come up with a better example.

chicha14

All the skill in the world it seems , but to me he lacks that WANT to be the best, that drive that will allow him to stand out among his peers. I also feel he is too inconsistent, as good as he is there are definitely other players I would take over him.

suhaylah

Hazard is on par with De bryune in terms of quality. He just need to be more ambitious and score more regularly

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Imo, I think he needs the move.
He's stagnated. He needs to ouch himself. I think he's as good as hell ever be at Chelsea.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Won't Real persuade him not to sign a contract like that ? It would mean paying much more for him.
Yes, but that way he and his agent would get a signing fee from Chelsea and shortly afterwards another signing fee from Real Madrid. I mean it's not like Real could by him on the cheap, anyway.

Trizy

Where does this Hazard's not arsed to be world class shite come from?

Ever think he's just not good enough to be on that level of top, top players?

Playing good and the odd world class game doesn't make you world class. Even Nani had world class games.

kouroux

Playing good and the odd world class game doesn't make you world class. Even Nani had world class games.
Exactly.

Womp

idiot

TBF with Nani I think he did have the ability to be World class. For about 18 months he was as good as any winger in football and probably the best player in the league. His problem was consistency, injuries and being shoehorned out left.

With Hazard I agree, I wouldn't say he isn't World class though. I can't think of many players better than him in his position, so I'd say he's World class, but far from the Neymar's.

Charles Miller

I have no doubt he is world class. In terms of pure talent i think he is top ten in the world. But there are some players you watch them and is like they dont have any rebelliousness.

poleglass red

often an issue with flair players is consistency. Hazard on his day is top class, same with Dybala at Juve. But when they don't turn up, they are both passengers. Hazard it seems, when he is happy he is much more consistent. I think right now under Conte, that club is in a bit of turmoil. Conte wants more money, isn't getting it, he's constantly being rumoured to be leaving at end of the season. I also think Hazard has had his head turned by the interest or supposed interest from Real. I think when he and Dybala are good, it's very good, up there with anybody really. But for some reason in certain games it's not there for them for whatever reason. I think Hazard is a player that needs to be loved, I'm not sure he'd get that at Real. They have at times booed Ronaldo, a few bad games from Hazard at his price and they'd be all over him

RooneyLegend

often an issue with flair players is consistency. Hazard on his day is top class, same with Dybala at Juve. But when they don't turn up, they are both passengers. Hazard it seems, when he is happy he is much more consistent. I think right now under Conte, that club is in a bit of turmoil. Conte wants more money, isn't getting it, he's constantly being rumoured to be leaving at end of the season. I also think Hazard has had his head turned by the interest or supposed interest from Real. I think when he and Dybala are good, it's very good, up there with anybody really. But for some reason in certain games it's not there for them for whatever reason. I think Hazard is a player that needs to be loved, I'm not sure he'd get that at Real. They have at times booed Ronaldo, a few bad games from Hazard at his price and they'd be all over him
The sort of consistency people are looking for is impossible for an attacker in a side like Chelsea or even Juve. If he really wants all that comes with a megastar he'll leave Chelsea cause it looks like they'll never ever be the sort of side that prioritizes attacking over everything else. The big sides around the world do that and do it well. Some do but aren't that good at it due to financial constrains or poor tactical work(arsenal).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's the best in the world for just nipping that ball away and getting fouled.
But doesn't produce enough goals and assists for what he should do, or used to.