Eden Hazard

Idxomer

"I'd rather lose with this Belgium team than win with this France team," Hazard added in his interview after the game. Can someone explain how is it [France defending] different from what they did after they got 2 goals up vs Brazil. I remember the entire Belgium team trying to defend their lead and see the game through with Hazard being their counter attack outlet. France we superb in transition from defence to attack yesterday. Except for the first 15 min of the match where France were penned down my Belgium wave of attacks, only one team looked a threat. Even Courtois has commented France as Anti-Football team. Anyways now i support two Anti-Football teams then (United and France)
Lol they play at Chelsea for god's sake. France had more goal attempts and more shots on goal, having more possession and passes don't mean much when a sizable portion of that is done pointlessly and between the 3 center-backs. Actually, that's more anti-football than the way France were playing.

cyberman

Hazard was belgiums best attacker last night by a far distance.

Lukaku was dire last night, they would have had a much better chance of winning if he had even played remotely well.

Was non existent and poor when on the ball, poor with his half chances too.
Could he have been non existent because Hazard was dribbling all night without playing a pass?
How many chances did Eden create last night? How many openings did he create?
Great showing of dribbling skills, piss poor at threatening the French goal.
I have a lot of sympathy for Morata after watching that

haram

Was non existent and poor when on the ball, poor with his half chances too.
He hardly had the ball to be poor with it. When he got the ball all he could do was lay it off for someone. He had one half chance which was the header.

VoN_DamN

There’s a difference between choosing to defend like France and being forced to like Brazil made Belgium do.

It’s their opinion to rather loose trying than to taunt the opponent the way France has bored the world this WC. And for Mbappe taking the ball and Matuidi spraying water in Mertens face when being nearly unconscious... it’s only what you call being a ‘sportsman’

He hasn’t shown all his worth but will in the next years.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Could he have been non existent because Hazard was dribbling all night without playing a pass?
How many chances did Eden create last night? How many openings did he create?
Great showing of dribbling skills, piss poor at threatening the French goal.
I have a lot of sympathy for Morata after watching that
Could it have been that his movement was poor, problem is he becomes very one dimensional when he loses the advantage of his pace, which in the case of Varane in this game he had him in his back pocket very easily. Lukaku couldn't just smash the ball past him and run because Varane is way too quick, this would've meant intelligent movement which he showed none of.

The one time he did move Witsel put in a very good cross to Lukaku which he headed straight over.

Its no coincidence every news outlet and form of rating would have Hazard rated as probably Belgiums best player.

Lukaku was poor, its OK he played really well and was arguably the best or at least 2 best strikers in the tournament but no need to defend him when he was poor, just thick really.

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
And when he goes Madrid he will be very close to the best players in the world, the group of Salah Hazard CR7 Messi are pretty close as it is.
How on Earth did you figure that one out?! Hazard has had six seasons in the Premier League at a side as good as, and at times better than, Klopp's Liverpool, and has never even come close to having a season as exceptional as Salah's last one. He has also looked pretty much the same player in a Belgium shirt as he does in a Chelsea one, so I don't see that he'll suddenly step up another level and obtain a killer instinct in a Real shirt.

Andersons Dietician

Apparently Barca are after him as well but can’t afford it currently. We should help them out with that and buy Ousmane Dembele off of them. Hazard,Suarez,Messi would be an interesting combo.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Again, the difference between Hazard and Kevin there. Pass the ball ffs!

sev1

Supports
Arsenal
Looks like it’s getting closer. DiMarzio is reporting Real Madrid doesn’t want to pay more than $125M for Hazard.

That seems low especially after his WC performance even if there are only 2 years left.

Real isn’t waiting 2 years as they need him now.

VoN_DamN

"I'd rather lose with this Belgium team than win with this France team," Hazard added in his interview after the game. Can someone explain how is it [France defending] different from what they did after they got 2 goals up vs Brazil. I remember the entire Belgium team trying to defend their lead and see the game through with Hazard being their counter attack outlet. France we superb in transition from defence to attack yesterday. Except for the first 15 min of the match where France were penned down my Belgium wave of attacks, only one team looked a threat. Even Courtois has commented France as Anti-Football team. Anyways now i support two Anti-Football teams then (United and France)
Easy, France choose to play this way where Belgium was forced back by Brazil. And let’s not forget France could have been 2 down at halftime.
To people who seem to forget : Hazard was the key player in 2 PL titles. He never had a team as strong as Real or Barca. Who will predict what he will do if he’s closer to goal...

Pagh Wraith

Looks like it’s getting closer. DiMarzio is reporting Real Madrid doesn’t want to pay more than $125M for Hazard.

That seems low especially after his WC performance even if there are only 2 years left.

If that is true, Chelsea should tell them to feck off. $125M for Hazard is a joke.

Pretty sure this will happen, 125m or not. He wants to go, Chelsea don't seem too desperate to keep him, and he's the only real target for Madrid to replace Ronaldo.

robbie81

Supports
Chelsea
His contract expires in 2 years, no?

So it'll drive down the cost.
Look at what Barca paid for Coutinho. Hazard is a level above him, and it shouldn't matter if he has 2 or 5 years, because they need him now and waiting for him to run his contract down isn't a option. 125m for the best player last WC , imo, would be a joke.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea

Not sure if its getting closer when our valuation is 200m and the reported bids are still nowhere near that figure.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Someone from Napoli like Mertens.
He's 31 so I highly doubt it.

Hazard wont leave in this window anyway, but if he did and it was Barca it would have to be dembele plus a lot of money or if it was Madrid then it would be 200m so I guess no marquee signing, maybe just shared out between a few.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I can’t imagine Hazard will be jumping with glee at joining Real Madrid now that Zidane is gone. Their club feels a bit empty with key figures like Ronaldo having also departed. Zidane’s replacement is the stereotypical coach who gets sacked midway through the season.

I can’t see Madrid finishing above 3rd next season. Zidane just commanded too much respect. Who knows how motivated the likes of Modric and Benema will be? Just my thoughts anyway.

Eddy_JukeZ

Look at what Barca paid for Coutinho. Hazard is a level above him, and it shouldn't matter if he has 2 or 5 years, because they need him now and waiting for him to run his contract down isn't a option. 125m for the best player last WC , imo, would be a joke.
It does matter. It always matters.

Otherwise Courtois wouldn't be going for just 30 mil or thereabouts.

Sanche7

I can’t imagine Hazard will be jumping with glee at joining Real Madrid now that Zidane is gone. Their club feels a bit empty with key figures like Ronaldo having also departed. Zidane’s replacement is the stereotypical coach who gets sacked midway through the season.

I can’t see Madrid finishing above 3rd next season. Zidane just commanded too much respect. Who knows how motivated the likes of Modric and Benema will be? Just my thoughts anyway.
“Yes I know I have said that Zidane is special but the Madrid shirt is special with or without him at the club and they are a club who make you dream.

“I’m doing well in blue, so my future does not bother me.”

He is doing all he can to make move possible. I'll be very surprised if he stays at Chelsea.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
“Yes I know I have said that Zidane is special but the Madrid shirt is special with or without him at the club and they are a club who make you dream.

“I’m doing well in blue, so my future does not bother me.”

He is doing all he can to make move possible. I'll be very surprised if he stays at Chelsea.
I reckon he will stay purely because he's made it clear he's not going to force the move aggressively.

Sanche7

I reckon he will stay purely because he's made it clear he's not going to force the move aggressively.
Love the optimism from Chelsea fans. If Pogba had come out and said that he dreams of Madrid, this place would be in absolute chaos

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Love the optimism from Chelsea fans. If Pogba had come out and said that he dreams of Madrid, this place would be in absolute chaos
Players come and go. What’s the point of complaining. Chelsea haven’t even utilized him fully during his stint here, the guy is a creator and all the club has done is surround him with low grade talent, and sold off all his friends, all the while finishing below top 4 twice. We have hardly had a dent on the CL since he’s been here other than one semi final run. He’s probably been considering how being at Chelsea has affected his legacy; he’s never in the gunning or even mentioned for top awards, which probably affects his own endorsement deals and marketing. I understand why he wants to leave. I mean it could all just be a negation tactic as well in getting more money as his contract is due.

robbie81

Supports
Chelsea
It does matter. It always matters.

Otherwise Courtois wouldn't be going for just 30 mil or thereabouts.
For the buying club, but not for Chelsea. Why settle for a sum lower than what they think is his value in this inflated market? Real looking to buy Hazard in his prime coming of a fantastic WC, put the money on the table or not.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
It's called assesing the situation. Marina is everybit a pain to negotiate with as Levy and De Laurentis, if not more so. Madrid are either going to pay just shy of £200m or Hazard is going to have to start getting very aggressive in wanting to leave, neither i can see happening.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Players come and go. What’s the point of complaining. Chelsea haven’t even utilized him fully during his stint here, the guy is a creator and all the club has done is surround him with low grade talent, and sold off all his friends, all the while finishing below top 4 twice. We have hardly had a dent on the CL since he’s been here other than one semi final run. He’s probably been considering how being at Chelsea has affected his legacy; he’s never in the gunning or even mentioned for top awards, which probably affects his own endorsement deals and marketing. I understand why he wants to leave. I mean it could all just be a negation tactic as well in getting more money as his contract is due.
I feel the same way.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Why are chelsea fans in clearly denial?

Hes as good as gone. They should be lining up posible replacements by now. If i was roman i would break the bank and snatch Salah off liverpool

el3mel

He'll need to step up regarding goals if he moves to Madrid. No longer 1 5 goals per season will be enough there. He has all the ingredients to replace Ronaldo except goals. He needs to increase his goals tally to 30 a season in Madrid and the league there is easier so it should help him.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Why are chelsea fans in clearly denial?

Hes as good as gone. They should be lining up posible replacements by now. If i was roman i would break the bank and snatch Salah off liverpool
What makes you think they're not lining up replacements?

As for Salah, there's more chance of us signing Harry Kane (and there's no chance of that).

Eddy_JukeZ

For the buying club, but not for Chelsea. Why settle for a sum lower than what they think is his value in this inflated market? Real looking to buy Hazard in his prime coming of a fantastic WC, put the money on the table or not.
Risky with Hazard's attitude. Might take 1-2 seasons off then.