Eden Hazard

SATA

A mate asked me. Neymar or Hazard? Pick one

I would pick Hazard without sounding silly. This guy is really coming into his own this year

RooneyLegend

A mate asked me. Neymar or Hazard? Pick one

I would pick Hazard without sounding silly. This guy is really coming into his own this year
Evidence certainly seems that if given a similar platform they are on a similar level although for Hazard the evidence is still lacking due to the season being young. Not quite once in a generation type players but certainly in that second tier.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
It's unfair to compare hazard to many other forwards. He literally receives the ball at half and us asked to hold the ball up, be main playmaker, score goals and assist. All from deep and in the box.

He does all these things while rarely losing the ball .

izec

He is just saying that for us to not sack him and give the Jose fans a lifeline. He played like shit under Jose in his last season and didnt care, downtooled. He is playing the best football of his life under Sarri and Chelsea are flying

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hazard pretty much confirming everything we already knew about Mou

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Hazard pretty much confirming everything we already knew about Mou
Maybe he’s been told that Mou’s gonna replace Lopetegui and he’s making nice? :p

In fairness to Hazard, in context the quotes are quite even handed.

He just says when things are going well Mou will do anything for you, ask for one day off he’ll give you two. However, when things are bad they’re bad cos Mou reacts badly to losing.

I didn’t see very much controversial in the whole thing. Speaks better of Mou than I imagine Costa would! :lol:

Ban

He is just saying that for us to not sack him and give the Jose fans a lifeline. He played like shit under Jose in his last season and didnt care, downtooled. He is playing the best football of his life under Sarri and Chelsea are flying
Sure, he is saying that so we don't sack him.

Come on, really. :rolleyes:

I get you dont like Mourinho but this is just silly.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I'd say Mourinho needs everyone to be self-less and pushes them to the limits of their fitness and effort. I actually believe any descent team could win/challenge for the league with him if everyone played how he wants them to. He's an absolute genius in that regard but not everyone is comfortable sacrificing parts of their game and even if they do they get tired of it.

WensleyMU

Using the power of Cafe logic, I have deduced Hazard cannot stand Sarri.

My view will never ever be changed and I shall seek out ever more ridiculous claims from ever increasing depths of tabloid press to support my beliefs. Not really, not daft enough.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Yes, I'm sure the Glazers will base their entire decision on Hazard's comments.

Why even come on here and post things like that?

Maybe he’s been told that Mou’s gonna replace Lopetegui and he’s making nice? :p

In fairness to Hazard, in context the quotes are quite even handed.

He just says when things are going well Mou will do anything for you, ask for one day off he’ll give you two. However, when things are bad they’re bad cos Mou reacts badly to losing.

I didn’t see very much controversial in the whole thing. Speaks better of Mou than I imagine Costa would! :lol:
Costa speaks highly of Jose too,if we're going by his comments during the Conte+transfer fiasco.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fiar comments on Jose. When things are going well, he's a charming guy. When things are not he's not someone you'd want over for dinner.
Aluko said something along those lines a few weeks ago.

WensleyMU

Fiar comments on Jose. When things are going well, he's a charming guy. When things are not he's not someone you'd want over for dinner.
Aluko said something along those lines a few weeks ago.
It's almost as if, he's a natural winner and takes losing really badly. Can't be having those types around a club like United.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's almost as if, he's a natural winner and takes losing really badly. Can't be having those types around a club like United.
We are slowly digressing but a significant part of management is keeping people on-side even when things aren't going well.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'd say Mourinho needs everyone to be self-less and pushes them to the limits of their fitness and effort. I actually believe any descent team could win/challenge for the league with him if everyone played how he wants them to. He's an absolute genius in that regard but not everyone is comfortable sacrificing parts of their game and even if they do they get tired of it.
The problem is most players are willing to do that for 1 or 2 seasons. But by the third they just can't stand it anymore. Mourinho is like Sacchi, h's a genius manager but his methods have a very short shelf life because they burn people out. Ideally, Mourinho should change team every 2 years. He'd be a huge success everywhere

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The problem is most players are willing to do that for 1 or 2 seasons. But by the third they just can't stand it anymore. Mourinho is like Sacchi, h's a genius manager but his methods have a very short shelf life because they burn people out. Ideally, Mourinho should change team every 2 years. He'd be a huge success everywhere
That's it. But I don't get why he's so stubborn, really. He understands the sport like few others, he clearly sees the patterns in the, positioning, passing and attacking game of sides like Barca, City, Liverpool and so forth, and he obviously has the methods and "teaching quality" to transfer his ideas into the players' heads and thus on the pitch. I think nobody here would be pissed if he played destructively against City, Chelsea or Liverpool while dominating the rest of the league, basically like his Real team, but why doesn't he use a more constructive approach against teams of lesser quality than his? This is just stubborn refusal, nothing more, and it slowly costs him his spot among European top managers.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That's it. But I don't get why he's so stubborn, really. He understands the sport like few others, he clearly sees the patterns in the, positioning, passing and attacking game of sides like Barca, City, Liverpool and so forth, and he obviously has the methods and "teaching quality" to transfer his ideas into the players' heads and thus on the pitch. I think nobody here would be pissed if he played destructively against City, Chelsea or Liverpool while dominating the rest of the league, basically like his Real team, but why doesn't he use a more constructive approach against teams of lesser quality than his? This is just stubborn refusal, nothing more, and it slowly costs him his spot among European top managers.
You're talking tactics now. Mourinho was always an average manager when it comes to tactics. Except for defensive tactics, which are the easiest to grasp, coach and execute. And then of course there's his own beliefs

el3mel

That's what, 2 months ? Meanwhile his PFA player of the year award came under Mourinho.

VoN_DamN

His biggest problem is the teams he’s been playing in, they are not on par with the topteams Messi and Ronaldo played in. That’s one big reason why he hasn’t been consistently at his ‘best’.

Look at how Messi plays for Argentina...

jem

I really doubt Hazard is that invested in the management decisions of Manchester United, especially not to the point where he'd assign himself a sizeable portion of the blame for 2015-6. His playing well under Sarri has nothing to do with it.

Darkhorsez

Very interesting observation. It’s all or nothing it seems.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
You're talking tactics now. Mourinho was always an average manager when it comes to tactics. Except for defensive tactics, which are the easiest to grasp, coach and execute.
That’s not true, he’s an outrageously talented tactician. It’s also a pisstake to claim defensive tactics are easiest. Try telling that to the great Italian teams of the past. Or look at Sarri’s teams who pick up the attacking tactics fairly quickly, but take many more months to master the defensive elements.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That’s not true, he’s an outrageously talented tactician. It’s also a pisstake to claim defensive tactics are easiest. Try telling that to the great Italian teams of the past. Or look at Sarri’s teams who pick up the attacking tactics fairly quickly, but take many more months to master the defensive elements.
Mourinho coached two years in Italy and was routinely outcoached tactically. Nobody here considers him a genius tactician. Not even a great tactician. Great strategist, genius motivator and leader. But tactically...he's average

And yes, coaching defensive tactics is easier, they're also easier to grasp and to implement. The great italian teams of the past relied precisely because it's easy to do, low risk high reward strategy

What's happening with Sarri is a bit different because his defensive tactics are tied to and a byproduct of what you do with the ball. But ok, let me be more accurate: reactive(or waiting) defensive tactics are easier to coach, grasp and implement