Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
Edin Dzeko has immediately endeared himself to Manchester City supporters by announcing in his first press conference that he has heard the city is populated by their fans, rather than Manchester United's.

"I hear a lot about the fans and that most of the people from Manchester are Manchester City fans," Dzeko told a press conference. "I don't know too much about the rivalry but I hear the derby is something special.

"I'm very pleased. I'm here at a big club like Manchester City with big ambition. I saw something else in Man City. It's a big club and I'm an ambitious player and I think we can have a lot of success together.

City manager Roberto Mancini added: "I am very happy the club bought Dzeko. I think he'll be a very important player for the future of this club.
Just because they keep on saying it, doesn't make it true.

towcester_red

It looked like they paid Dzeko to say that about City being a big club and mainly City fans in Manchester, so awkward.

Or, alternatively, I could be wrong and Dzeko has an excellent geographical knowledge of Greater Manchester and im the fool.

redwhiteblack

Still the team to beat, nice full trophy room, Permenant fixture in Europes top competition (miles of away from channel 5 durge), top class manager, Our own ground, huge support base, widely lauded and respected legends of past...
Of course. But we will need to remain competitive in the transfer market if all that stuff is going to continue.

I'm glad we've not spent in the Jan window, I don't think we needed to at this point in the season. But the Summer window will show whether or not we intend to remain competitive - we've never replaced (or even begun to address) the creativity that Ronaldo's presence injected into us, and it's this that causes fans and critics to regularly note "they're not playing like Manchester United" despite our league position.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Of course. But we will need to remain competitive in the transfer market if all that stuff is going to continue.

I'm glad we've not spent in the Jan window, I don't think we needed to at this point in the season. But the Summer window will show whether or not we intend to remain competitive - we've never replaced (or even begun to address) the creativity that Ronaldo's presence injected into us, and it's this that causes fans and critics to regularly note "they're not playing like Manchester United" despite our league position.
We shall see. I'd like to see the centre of the park strengthened in terms of a creative player. Defence is well looked after. Impressed hugely with Smalling, Rafael looks a great prospect and hopefully Fabio can follow. Evans has been a little off key of late but a great performance against the filth and Fergie being positive about the way he is training gives hope to the strength in the centre backs behind Rio and Vida.

Valencia coming back will be a huge plus, Nani is looking about it and I'm both impressed and pleasantly suprised in the way Anderson has done of late. Fletch has had a poor season but hasn't become a bad player overnight. Looking very much forward to Tom Cleverley being involved next season as we might have a gem there. Park is good cover but perhaps one other winger might be useful...I'm really not convinced on Obertan but it wouldn't be the first time Fergie knows more than me ;)

Rooney, Berbs and Cheech is a quality front line. Welbeck back off loan after impressing deserves a chance up top to show if he can do it for us.

I'd love a creative midfielder in the Scholes mould, a safe breaker with an eye for goal. Get that and a keeper and I'm happy.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Still the team to beat, nice full trophy room, Permenant fixture in Europes top competition (miles of away from channel 5 durge), top class manager, Our own ground, huge support base, widely lauded and respected legends of past...
Pffft... Unless we spend tens of millions of pounds every single transfer window all that means nothing, I tell you, nothing!

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Pffft... Unless we spend tens of millions of pounds every single transfer window all that means nothing, I tell you, nothing!
I remember City fans saying it was our last grand hurrah beating them in the semi last year. The empire was crumbling and it was a change of guard.

:lol: what a load of fecking ballhang.

B Cantona

Desperate
Not seen, but apparently this was part of his post match interview:

Interviewer: City are top of the league tonight, can they stay there?

Dzeko: Yeah, we'll see. We are there for now but Manchester play tomorrow

:)

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Had a decent debut i thought, unlucky not to score twice & got himself an assist in the end. It was clear he added something to City going forward. I hate to say it but i think this lad will become a top player in the Premier League.

Gooney

Had a decent debut i thought, unlucky not to score twice & got himself an assist in the end. It was clear he added something to City going forward. I hate to say it but i think this lad will become a top player in the Premier League.
Agree. Having Dzeko holding the attacking line gives Tevez more freedom to drop deeper in a play maker role. They did of course have this option before with Adebayor/Santa Cruz med Dzeko is far better in my opinion.

PDA1234

Agree. Having Dzeko holding the attacking line gives Tevez more freedom to drop deeper in a play maker role. They did of course have this option before with Adebayor/Santa Cruz med Dzeko is far better in my opinion.
Yes but Sparky bought them. Mancini knows his objective and is shaping the squad.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Very narrow though, dzeko and tevez prefer playing centrally and silva will float into spaces to provide assists.
They'll probably rely on their fullbacks to give them the width. Kolarov has started looking a lot better recently and once Boeteng gets more settled I can see it working.

Also they have the option of playing Adam Johnson or Balotelli if they are struggling to create through the middle.

Think all in all its a squad with a lot of options.

Ekeke

Very narrow though, dzeko and tevez prefer playing centrally and silva will float into spaces to provide assists. Think they would struggle against a top side with a good cb pair and a good shielding mid.
Assists is stretching it. Key passes yeah

Johnson is the better winger. Gives more width, provides more assists, scores more goals. However they do need Silva on the pitch to make up for the negative midfield of Barry, De Jong and Yaya Toure because he will give something to the side in terms of ball use.

But when you have Tevez and Dzeko in the box the best idea is to get the ball out wide and cross it in. And a flying winger like Johnson is more in that mould

M160RA

Not seen, but apparently this was part of his post match interview:

Interviewer: City are top of the league tonight, can they stay there?

Dzeko: Yeah, we'll see. We are there for now but Manchester play tomorrow

:)
:lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
So is it fair to say that Dzeko's stint in the league may end up similar to Ruud? (In terms of goals and performance).

City should drop one of the central midfielders and go 4-2-3-1... would it work?

-----Toure---Barry-----
Johnson--Tevez---Silva
---------Dzeko--------

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So is it fair to say that Dzeko's stint in the league may end up similar to Ruud? (In terms of goals and performance).

City should drop one of the central midfielders and go 4-2-3-1... would it work?

-----Toure---Barry-----
Johnson--Tevez---Silva
---------Dzeko--------
He has a Ruud like potential, but probably won't match Ruud's numbers due to City's depth and rotation.

Ace

I've been a big fan of his for a while. Very composed and a natural goalscorer, but he's also very technical. He's as close to a van Nistelrooy I've seen. He'll move onto a bigger club eventually, and I've no doubt he'll be successful.

We're not in need of a striker at the moment, but Dzeko seems to be the most readymade 'natural number 9' I've seen in the past half decade.

Very, very good player.
Almost a year old

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I'd be fairly annoyed if I was him - Tevez got off the bench ten minutes earlier and all he's been doing for four months is play golf and slagging off the club
Media in Bosnia gone wild today after the yesterdays game, and after Tevez got off the bench earlier than him, Mancini isn't the most likeable person atm here. :lol:

Dzeko is probably annoyed too, but he isn't showing it yet. He is decent lad, this situation reminds me of Berba's, but if I was at his place, I know I would go mad.

Smores

I'd be fairly annoyed if I was him - Tevez got off the bench ten minutes earlier and all he's been doing for four months is play golf and slagging off the club
Aye I said the same to a mate, you've given it your all in every game and helped your team to a reasonable position only for the cnut who didn't care to come back in and take your place.

I'm hoping for a Balotelli and Tevez fall out.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Going to Bayern then. He's agree to a German sports channel. Pretty sure they're getting less than 27m though. Makes him one of the biggest flops ever.

Ace

I still think he's a very good player. He needs to be involved more. Playing the substitute role isn't an effective use of his style of play. Not sure he'll get much more time at Bayern, however.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think it'll be a good move for him, he's not in Aguero's class but IMO he at Bayern he can get back to how he was before he went to City and become a class striker again. When he was in Germany, he was comfortably a better player then Gomez, and I think he might displace him if he does go to Bayern.

The problem at City was that their style does not suit him at all, and he wasn't guaranteed to start games, no matter how good he played (at the start of the season, the game after he scored 4 goals he was benched). He needs much more consistent playing time, and not coming on in the last 15 minutes of every game. It can't do any good for your confidence when Balotelli and Tevez are getting games ahead of you, even though you have scored more goals than one, and have a much better attitude than both of them.

Bayern's style will suit him much more IMO, they play with genuine wingers and will cross the ball into the box more. He's much more suited to a team like Bayern, spurs, or United rather then City who always try to play it through the middle with short, quick passing.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I still think he's a very good player. He needs to be involved more. Playing the substitute role isn't an effective use of his style of play. Not sure he'll get much more time at Bayern, however.
Yea he's a good player. The flop tag is more often the clubs fault than the players. He should have done better though. Not very involved. His playing type just doesn't suit the 2-3 defensive midfielder formation that Mancini uses. The front 3 need to be very mobile when he uses all those slow guns.

AlwaysRedwood

Yea he's a good player. The flop tag is more often the clubs fault than the players. He should have done better though. Not very involved. His playing type just doesn't suit the 2-3 defensive midfielder formation that Mancini uses. The front 3 need to be very mobile when he uses all those slow guns.
Raphael Honigstein said before Dzeko came that he only plays well with another striker. Mancini usually used him alone.

And that ends that story.

Status
Not open for further replies.