Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
We all know why Tevez left us but didn't he say he left us because he wasn't given enough chances? How exactly will he cope in a team with 5 strikers when he could not cope in a team with 3 main strikers.

I'm always right

Mancini confirms Dzeko deal

Mancini told a press conference shown on Sky Sports News HD: "I can say that we have agreed with Wolfsburg.
"I think that Dzeko is a good player. All the teams in Europe want him and everyone says he is a good player.

"We must wait. When Dzeko is a City player we will talk about him."
Sky Sports | Manchester City News | Football | Premier League | Mancini confirms Dzeko deal

Sounds just like City's transfer strategy, "everyone wants him, he must be good" :lol::lol:

el eric

Mancini likes playimg with one up front away and even at home against the bigger sides. Hopefully this leads to some more pissed off players with giant egos when they dont play.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I wouldn't dismiss him. I think he's a good player and the kind of player they need. If he clicks in the Prem then City's squad just got really strong.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
andersred Andy Green
#MCFC signing of Dzeko pushes them another £11m pa away from complying with UEFA FFP rules. Have to cut squad. No wonder they're fighting...
54 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Doevle

For all you cnuts saying what a great player this bloke is, are you regular followers of the Bundesliga?

Genuine question here. I've only I've seen him in the games against us and I didn't think he was all that.
He scored in both though...

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
True, true. We've had a few duff players score against us over the years though. He was good in the air but I don't remember much more from him.

The Wolfsburg player I remember being most impressed by was Grafitti (however the feck you spell his name)
That should be a thread in itself

Shit no-marks who grabbed a moment of glory by scoring against United then disappeared up their own arse never to be seen again.

Get on it

wr8_utd

:'(
Dzeko is a brilliant goal scorer. He'll do well, but will he be better than Tevez was for them? I doubt it.

Longsden_7

:rolleyes:

Quality player, should definitely improve them.

Always knew he was destined for bigger things, but I just hoped it was either in Spain or with us.
Other than Juventus who was interested? Quality player no doubt but only two clubs have expressed an interest?

towcester_red

Other than Juventus who was interested? Quality player no doubt but only two clubs have expressed an interest?
If City are interested not many clubs would compete.

Clearly, most of Europe would have given him a chance but not at Citys inflated price.

Good signing for them, think he will suit the premier league.

Devil may care

So it's official? I really would rather they hadn't gotten him but oh well, it'll be interesting to see if Mancini intends to play him and Tevez together, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tevez is off in the summer.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
If City are interested not many clubs would compete.

Clearly, most of Europe would have given him a chance but not at Citys inflated price.

Good signing for them, think he will suit the premier league.
I think his lack of pace is better suited for Serie A. Would have been an excellent signing for Juventus.

MUFC07

andersred Andy Green
#MCFC signing of Dzeko pushes them another £11m pa away from complying with UEFA FFP rules. Have to cut squad. No wonder they're fighting...
54 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Can anybody elaborate on this, please?

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Well, he'll give them a different option upfront, perhaps as a pairing with Tevez. He's an aerial presence and a threat in the box who'll score them goals, I don't doubt that. Perhaps he'll help inspire Mancini to instill some width in his side.

Nearco

youth team player
Well, he'll give them a different option upfront, perhaps as a pairing with Tevez. He's an aerial presence and a threat in the box who'll score them goals, I don't doubt that. Perhaps he'll help inspire Mancini to instill some width in his side.

I'll wager the gutless cocksuckers will still time waste and play for the draw right from the start as soon as they face one of the top teams.

wr8_utd

:'(
I bet he's regretting it already. Away games at top teams are going to be so boring for him :lol:

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
He plays for a pretty crap German side, he is going to make a lot more money. I am happy he does not join us, he is really slow, but a real fox in a box, and a bit of a tank in there as well. It is not like he is going down in the world regardless if City would fail to secure a top four spot and Champions League spot next season.

Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Robinho all turned to dust at Manchester City, I don't think he will make them a lot better, they need more creativity. With the current formation they will have to give Tevez some wide role where he wont do as good. They really need to have a clear out and not have all those unhappy players around, that is going to destroy the morale at the club.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He plays for a pretty crap German side, he is going to make a lot more money. I am happy he does not join us, he is really slow, but a real fox in a box, and a bit of a tank in there as well. It is not like he is going down in the world regardless if City would fail to secure a top four spot and Champions League spot next season.
Wolfsburg did good last year but they suck this year. Anyways, Dzeko still played very well for a crap team as you have mentioned. To get noticed doing well while playing for a crap team takes some doing. Football is not all about speed. It is just an advantage if you are quick and it is not the end of the world if you aren't quick.

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
Wolfsburg did good last year but they suck this year. Anyways, Dzeko still played very well for a crap team as you have mentioned. To get noticed doing well while playing for a crap team takes some doing. Football is not all about speed. It is just an advantage if you are quick and it is not the end of the world if you aren't quick.
They did really well two years ago when they won the bundesliga. But after that it has been down hill, 8th last year and probably no better than that this one neither as they are loosing their best player. They pretty much came from nowhere before their win too, I know they almost relegated a two seasons ahead of their win. Wolfsburg 2008/2009 was a one hit wonder, it is clear that they are not going to contend for the Bundesliga or Europe any time soon, Dzeko has been there, done that. I am sure he could get other alternatives, but all in all, Wolfsburg are pretty decent.

As I said, Dzeko is a fox in the box. I personally prefers faster strikers, because the key to a good attack is a quick attack. But as City does not have a good attack but usually just comes with a few guys having most of the team behind the ball, he might be a perfect fit. Still I don't really see how they can get the best out of Dzeko and Tevez at the same time. I did not mean that he is not a good footballer, I think he is. But I would not want him or someone like him at United anyway.

Lance Uppercut

I like the fact that he is only joining Shitty because Juventus can't sign him. You have to admire the commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.