Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole'sbodyguard

I don't think that he's any better than Adebayor ability wise, probably a better pro and more intelligent.
Agreed but Mancini does not rate Adebayor at all. He's on such big money I doubt he will leave this January but he looks likely to be off this summer. He's only made 12 appearances all season.

This should improve City as they will have a target man that the manager will use and give them more firepower. Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko is a decent set of striker options with Jo and Santa Cruz as back up.

Hitchcocker

@DiscoMirror
David McDonnell
Fee of £27m agreed between Man City and Wolfsburg for Dzeko. Player expected in Manchester for medical and formally sign on Tues #MCFC

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I think he'll do very well there unfortunately.

They will be major contenders next season if they aren't already. The horrible cnuts.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
How many strikers do they need? If there wage restrictions or a budget to consider, they couldn't afford to keep the current group and sign another. Ridiculous.

Adebayor, Jo and Santa Cruz all out in January perhaps?

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
How many strikers do they need? If there wage restrictions or a budget to consider, they couldn't afford to keep the current group and sign another. Ridiculous.

Adebayor, Jo and Santa Cruz all out in January perhaps?
Jo and Santa Cruz definitely.

Tevez, Dzeko, Balloteli and Adebayor is a very decent four.

feck off citeh!

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Jo and Santa Cruz definitely.

Tevez, Dzeko, Balloteli and Adebayor is a very decent four.

feck off citeh!
Adebayor will definitely be off in january. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tevez leave in the summer. Balotelli won't be there for long, he's already talking openly about Milan.

Tevez, Dzeko ,Balotelli, Jo. Is a Good front 4 but Rooney, Berba, Hernandez, Welbeck/Macheda is just as good, if not better.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Some guy wrote this as a response to my post comparing their attack to ours.

by LoveCity

PMSL.

Tevez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rooney
Dzeko >>> Berbatov
Balotelli >>>>>> Hernandez
Welbeck >> Jo/Macheda
Tevez>>>>Rooney? Really? Want to compare the Rooney of last season pre-injury to Tevez?

Rooney is the better player (he just needs to refind his form) but at worst you can say they're on par.

Dzeko>Berbatov? Based on how many games in the PL? Berbatov may have been below par during his first two seasons but this season he's been the top scorer in the league and his all round play has been damn good.

Balotelli>Hernadez. Fair enough, I agree. Balotelli is the superior talent but return wise, Hernandez has done just fine.

Welbeck>Jo/Macheda, as you agree. So how did my post make you "giggle" exactly?

If your attackers are better than ours, you won't have any trouble outscoring us this season then right? Not the case so far but we'll wait till the season's over.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Manchester City land Edin Dzeko for £27m - reports - ESPN Soccernet

Manchester City have reportedly agreed a £27 million deal to sign Edin Dzeko from Wolfsburg and the sought-after Bosnian striker expected to arrive in England by the end of the week.

Dzeko has long been a target for City but it is believed Wolfburg boss Steve McClaren's need for funds to strengthen his squad has helped bring down their asking price.

City just need to agree personal terms with Dzeko, who has reportedly asked for £175,000 in wages. The club is expected to negotiate a lower figure than that but Dzeko will still become one of the world's highest paid players.

Dzeko, who has been a goal-machine for Wolfsburg, has also been a target for Bayern Munich and Juventus but cash-rich City are near certain they will get the man they hope could make the difference in the Premier League title race.

The move is likely to have a flow-on effect at the club with 24-year-old Dzeko joining Carlos Tevez and Mario Balotelli among the preferred striking stocks, meaning Emmanuel Adebayor and Roque Santa Cruz will have to look elsewhere to find regular football.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If he can transfer his talent and finishing ability into the premiership (not a given), he will undoubtedly enhance Citys squad. Probably too late to have a major impact on this seasons end result as it will take him time to adjust to the hurly burly of the premiership but I can see him being the difference to those tight games that City have invariably lost this season.

We definitely dont need him as we are well stocked in the strikers department both in terms of developed talent (Berbatov, Rooney, Owen) as well as emerging talent (Hernandez, Macheda, Welbeck, Diouf).

Alex

27 million seems a fairly reasonable price, the thing City will continue to play with one striker, Tevez, so I dont really think this matters that much. They hae Adebayor just sitting on the bench all season.

Ekeke

There have actually been plenty of occasions where Tevez has started up front with Adebayor. Now if Adebayor wasnt shit these days and was scoring goals they might have played it more. Dzeko will score the goals and make the idea more appealing

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I don't even know why City need another striker when they line up defensively with one striker. They need to strengthen their defense but given the cocks they have bought to strengthen it, I guess anyone else they buy would be surplus to requirements.

wr8_utd

:'(
There have actually been plenty of occasions where Tevez has started up front with Adebayor. Now if Adebayor wasnt shit these days and was scoring goals they might have played it more. Dzeko will score the goals and make the idea more appealing
Not really. Adebayor was starting with Tevez and scoring goals last year initially but then Mancini came and they stuck to their 1 striker formation.

Can't really see them starting both Dzeko and Tevez considering their love for defensive minded midfielders.

wr8_utd

:'(
If Mancini was attack minded they'd line up like this:

Hart

Boateng
Kompany
Toure
Kolarov

De jong
Yaya/Barry

Silva/Milner

Tevez
Dzeko
Balotelli/Johnson
Too narrow and the attack would be too congested. Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli would all get in each others way.

Silva is not a winger either and Balotelli also tends to move more central. I don't think City will move to a 2 striker formation. Can see Tevez leaving this month or in the summer now that their getting Dzeko.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Some guy wrote this as a response to my post comparing their attack to ours.

Tevez>>>>Rooney? Really? Want to compare the Rooney of last season pre-injury to Tevez?

Rooney is the better player (he just needs to refind his form) but at worst you can say they're on par.

Dzeko>Berbatov? Based on how many games in the PL? Berbatov may have been below par during his first two seasons but this season he's been the top scorer in the league and his all round play has been damn good.

Balotelli>Hernadez. Fair enough, I agree. Balotelli is the superior talent but return wise, Hernandez has done just fine.

Welbeck>Jo/Macheda, as you agree. So how did my post make you "giggle" exactly?

If your attackers are better than ours, you won't have any trouble outscoring us this season then right? Not the case so far but we'll wait till the season's over.
These are the idiots that reckon Kompany is better than Vidic... :lol: enough said about them lol. Obviously they're never going to come out and say 'Yeah United, all your players are better' but some of their comparisons are just funny.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Dzeko is probably far more stable than Tevez and Balotelli, both of whom will turn into major drama queens if he plays more minutes than them.

Ekeke

Not really. Adebayor was starting with Tevez and scoring goals last year initially but then Mancini came and they stuck to their 1 striker formation.

Can't really see them starting both Dzeko and Tevez considering their love for defensive minded midfielders.
No, Adebayor stopped scoring and was then dropped. Sure he could have gone with Tevez and Santa Cruz, but thats ignoring the fact Santa Cruz is a sicknote and generally shit apart from one good goalscoring season in the premier league.

Cina

I think one of the main reasons they're buying him is so nobody else does.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Too narrow and the attack would be too congested. .
City litterally play the same way right now. They don't lack width at all

Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli would all get in each others way..
I can't see how. Balotelli showed at Inter he likes to play wide. Besides, Tevez, Balolelli and Silva like to float while Dezeko lvoes playing down the middle. I can't ever see them being in the same areas at the same time. Even when City have started Silva, Tevez, and Balotelli together as a front 3 it has never happened. Adding Dezko would hardly change that.

Also, alot of City's width comes from their fullbacks.

Silva is not a winger either and Balotelli also tends to move more central. I don't think City will move to a 2 striker formation. Can see Tevez leaving this month or in the summer now that their getting Dzeko.
They will never need to switch to a 2 striker formation to be honest. They have enough forwards more than comfortable playing in a 4-3-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.