Edinson Cavani - Manchester United Player

Strats

He seems fit. Hopefully he'll have some gas left in his tank for a few years. As much as i loved it when Ibrahimavoc played for us he looked rather slow and sluggish at times.

VivaRonaldo85

Total punt by the club. Could have the positive impact of an Ibrahimovic or the down right destructiveness of a Di Maria. Flip of a coin for me. Probably worth a punt given his CV and how light our forward line looks with an injury or suspension.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Interesting - as I know very little about jokes, I am curious what gives you that impression?
Everyone was joking, I get it.

Jokes aside, he's a lot lighter than I would have thought given his "aura". I thought he was taller too, 1.84m, said to be 71kg. Somehow I bracketed him in the Zlatan-esque box, which is wide off the mark. Zlatan 1.95m and 91kg.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Total punt by the club. Could have the positive impact of an Ibrahimovic or the down right destructiveness of a Di Maria. Flip of a coin for me. Probably worth a punt given his CV and how light our forward line looks with an injury or suspension.
We havent had a CF with abs that nice since RvP so it's kind of a win regardless really. I love my wife.

Mr PG

Cavani was not even close to a punt. Would have gone to Atletico if they did just spend 100m pounds on that fantastic no.9 kid so they weren't willing to pay for cavani with the pandemic when they already had options. Fans will see what we've been missing in a true no.9 and Ighalo showed shades of that.

tomaldinho1

Just give him a couple of weeks at Carrington and those abs will be gone. Lord knows what they serve in that canteen.

Betson

Is it confirmed he will miss newcastle ? Now is when we need him

He will still be quarantining , shows the panic nature of the signing , he was available all summer if we had really wanted him.

Hee may be a last resort panic signing but hopefully once he is available he can prove to be very good signing nonetheless.

croadyman

He will still be quarantining , shows the panic nature of the signing , he was available all summer if we had really wanted him.

Hee may be a last resort panic signing but hopefully once he is available he can prove to be very good signing nonetheless.
Like someone said in his performances thread if he can bag a goal on his debut or just within first few games it could get him rolling

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Jokes aside, he's a lot lighter than I would have thought given his "aura". I thought he was taller too, 1.84m, said to be 71kg. Somehow I bracketed him in the Zlatan-esque box, which is wide off the mark. Zlatan 1.95m and 91kg.
I always question the weights given to footballers. I'm 185cm and at my peak a few years ago I was 84kgs (with fairly low bodyfat). I still considered myself fairly skinny and could have easily put on another 5kg or so of muscle to get to where I wanted. Then I got lazy and dropped back down to 76kg instead which is probably my natural weight when I'm not trying to gain weight/muscle. :(

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I always question the weights given to footballers. I'm 185cm and at my peak a few years ago I was 84kgs (with fairly low bodyfat). I still considered myself fairly skinny and could have easily put on another 5kg or so of muscle to get to where I wanted. Then I got lazy and dropped back down to 76kg instead which is probably my natural weight when I'm not trying to gain weight/muscle. :(
Yeah, if this is accurate, I'd say Cavani weighs about the same as a long distance runner.

Offsideagain

Back in the day, I played Rugby at an amateur level. ‘Trained’ twice a week and the occasional night time run. 6’2” and around 14st 10lb . I could eat what I wanted, as much as I wanted and drink Guinness without putting weight on. All because I had a very good metabolism. Muscle also weighs more than fat as it’s denser. Now, at 68, I weigh 15st, watch what I eat, walk a lot and have an Irish Whiskey at night.
The point is, all people are different. Luke Shaw will always be that body shape whatever he does, perhaps he could lose some fat. Steve Bruce is a fatty now but Keano isn’t, two different types of human.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
3rd picture in. What is going on with his left knee? :lol:
thats the quad muscles overlapping the knee joint. that happens with people who play regularly, i have it myself.

poleglass red

I'm sure he is looking forward to playing with Telles, some of his crossing last night was sweet.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm sure he is looking forward to playing with Telles, some of his crossing last night was sweet.
Exactly this. Cavani seems to be the only player in our forward line who is prolific with his head. He's got phenomenal air time too.

Hopefully he's fit for Chelsea game. I can see him making a right nuisance of himself amongst their defenders.

spiriticon

I'm really excited to see him fit in as well. He brings different qualities and another dimension to our attack that wasn't there before, even if it's just for 20-25 games a season.

diarm

I don't care if this had nothing to do with last nights game and they were merely discussing Gogglebox, you love to see it:

Cavani is a leader and a warrior - he'll only be a positive influence on young players in this squad. I love how rapt Tuanzebe is as well, that sort of respect and willingness to listen to advice speaks well of the lad.

tomaldinho1

I don't care if this had nothing to do with last nights game and they were merely discussing Gogglebox, you love to see it:

Cavani is a leader and a warrior - he'll only be a positive influence on young players in this squad. I love how rapt Tuanzebe is as well, that sort of respect and willingness to listen to advice speaks well of the lad.
Axel speaks fluent French so likely was just asking him if he thought his pocket would be big enough for both Neymar and Mbappe or just one.