Edinson Cavani - Manchester United Player

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Now Zlatan is totally different from Bastian or Falcao. He was fantastic for us and is still playing at high level nowadays.
He isnt really. AC milan are not what they used to be. A bit like where we are heading ;):lol:

Glorio

Excellent masterstroke by Ed. Pulverise all the history and romance around the number 7 shirt so that future young stars do not feel so burdened wearing it. Boom

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I hope you guys don't enjoy forwards that can combine together because that's not going to happen with Cavani on the pitch. Give him the ball, it's either a goal or a dead photograph.

el3mel

He'll sometimes put on such games though, from time to time. I'm bringing this video so that people won't get mad when it happens in one off game for him. :nervous:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He does but just wasn't selected because he hasn't played for so long.
ah good, think 2 weeks training is needed. Hope he retires from the national team though, selfishly speaking.

dogwithabone

On paper Cavani, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood look a match for the fabled front four of Cole, Yorke, Solskjaer and Sheringham.

Thats a high quality front four to select from and three arguably have their best years to come.

starman

He’s worse on the right than on the left, so no point moving him there
Well hes not better down the middle than Cavani, Martial is better than Rashford on the left, so there is point if Cavani becomes the main CF...
If Rashford concentrates more on providing than always shooting he is the best option on the right

el3mel

He isnt really. AC milan are not what they used to be. A bit like where we are heading ;):lol:
They're still a top 6 Serie A team. Top level football still I'll say.

Anyway he was fantastic for us and definitely didn't come to United back then to enjoy money and nice retirement. If Cavani put on a similar season to what Zlatan put for us, I'll be really pleased.

James Peril

To be honest we need a bit of stardust and Cavani ticks that box. We have some genuinely great footballers but I’m not sure any of them - until now - have that little bit of something that the likes of Cavani possess.

You wait until he gets his first goal in front of a packed Stratford End, the roof will come off Old Trafford. He looks the part, has swagger and will work his nuts off. He’s not for the long term but could just add that bit of swashbuckling glamour that’s missing at the minute.

Yes, he’s a risk and could be another Falcao but equally he could be Cantona like and be the catalyst that changes the direction of our season. I wouldn’t write him off and look forward to seeing what he can do.
What odds are you giving me on him leaving United before fans are actually allowed inside the stadium again? I would not be surprised if he leaves after this season to play in China or the US, having played a total off 11 games inc. subs scoring three goals. Being injured for basically all of the games, his hamstrings are going to take a right killing in January aren’t they...

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
If you hadn't inflated your numbers earlier trying to make this point I might be more swayed by your argument about the price difference.

As it stands, it probably means that the August 10 deadline set by Dortmund was serious.
You dont know that though do you? And even if it was if we were prepared to spend 110 on players we should have just got Sancho before August 10th even better

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he took the 7 off another player I'd understand the outrage. He's only here for one year (where the extension will occur if he's any good).

It's fine giving him a vacant fecking shirt number. Get over it, he's not here for a decade.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You having a laugh :lol:

AC Milan are one of the better sides in Serie A mate. Not to mention still play in the Europa. It's not like he's playing in fecking Belarus.

Renegade

Why are so many people saying it is a ‘joke’ that we signed Edinson bloody Cavani on a free transfer? How entitled are some!
What would you’re reaction be if we signed Arjen Robben this summer for our RW? People get way too blinded by names.

I’m open to be proven wrong though and his 100% a better option than Igahlo. Fans are allowed to be underwhelmed by this signing though.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Well hes not better down the middle than Cavani, Martial is better than Rashford on the left, so there is point if Cavani becomes the main CF...
If Rashford concentrates more on providing than always shooting he is the best option on the right
Rashford isn’t a right winger!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If United had a project it wouldn't involve signing a 33 year old out of form and declining forward.

Why does this club do the dumbest thing nowadays.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Surprised to see as recent as 2017/18 he was banging in serious goals. @JPRouve any reason why he fell off the cliff at PSG, was it the falling out with Neymar or was there serious worries about his decline?

Struggling to find some recent performances to guage where he is fitness wise...

It's mainly injuries but he didn't fit with Mbappé and Neymar because they like to play quick one-twos and have a more technical game while Cavani is a more physical, direct player. So he would often be out of the attacking play. And the "falling out" with Neymar and most attacking players was from day one and demonstrated by the penalty incident in 2017.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
You dont know that though do you? And even if it was if we were prepared to spend 110 on players we should have just got Sancho before August 10th even better
I don't, no, but the supposition is that the negotiating team fecked up big time thinking a) there was time to negotiate and b) Dortmund would drop their asking price near the end of the window. They didn't even bother to engage them before that deadline as far as I can tell. Shambolic.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
It's mainly injuries but he didn't fit with Mbappé and Neymar because they like to play quick one-twos and have a more technical game while Cavani is a more physical, direct player. So he would often be out of the attacking play. And the "falling out" with Neymar and most attacking players was from day one and demonstrated by the penalty incident in 2017.
Thanks for the info. In short then, do you think he physically is still in decent shape and can have an 'Ibra' like effect on the side?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What would you’re reaction be if we signed Arjen Robben this summer for our RW? People get way too blinded by names.

I’m open to be proven wrong though and his 100% a better option than Igahlo. Fans are allowed to be underwhelmed by this signing though.
Arjen Robben has literally been retired for a year and is 36 mate.

keithsingleton

Can only hope he does a Zlatan but won't be holding my breath. Let's be honest he's not coming to United because we're Manchester United it's purely because we will pay him the most wages. Why the feck didn't we go for Aubameyang when he was clearly unsettled at signing a new contract till Arsenal started getting it together again. He was there for the taking, instead we go for another panic buy. :(

Get use to another year without winning a decent Cup/Competition.

Bojan11

Don’t take it out on this guy because we refused to pay up for Sancho. We were looking for a back up striker regardless of Sancho.