Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Oh come on. Whenever it suits us its Ole whenever it doesnt its Ed.
Ole wanted Haaland in January. We got Igahlo on deadline day. Wonder how far down the list he was if he was even on it.

No way was Cavani a target this summer. We've had since January to speak to him and had all summer to sign him. He could have signed him weeks ago and got him fit by now if he wants him. Why didn't we? Because this is an Ed Woodward panic buy in a nutshell.

Cman

Really a washed up striker on a free?!That’s what our transfer window is coming too. The sort of crap signing I had thought and hoped the club had moved away from. Piss poor. How do we go from trying to get Haaland in January to signing another washed up has been now. Blood joke. Woodward is making a laughing stock out of the club

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So if this is an ole signing.....hes been available since August, why wasn't he signed months ago?
They know its not mate. They are trying to put a brave face on.

Cavani been touted all over Europe and nobody took him. There's a reason.

Stretender

Got to be honest I’m a bit shocked at this one. Never saw it coming and really don’t know how it’s going to pan out, smacks of panic obviously and for me only confirms that Sancho is dead...not literally, just in transfer terms, if he had died with his “respiratory” problems that would surely of been a “Here we go” from Romano....or “he has gone” as the case may be.
Stop drinking mate get some sleep. Tomorrow you can drink again.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Ole wanted Haaland in January. We got Igahlo on deadline day. Wonder how far down the list he was if he was even on it.

No way was Cavani a target this summer. We've had since January to speak to him and had all summer to sign him. He could have signed him weeks ago and got him fit by now if he wants him. Why didn't we? Because this is an Ed Woodward panic buy in a nutshell.
Bollocks. Everybody was praising Ole for Igahlo he's just the type of player United should sign loves the club etc well done Ole, now its a different story. If a transfer is good its well done Ole, if a transfer is shite its Eds fault, so childish that.

AgentSquirrel

So if this is an ole signing.....hes been available since August, why wasn't he signed months ago?
Because he wanted more than he's now agreed to accept? Because other options didn't pan out? Because we're buying the Penarol kid, looking at an LB and a RW so makes sense not to splash out big on a player coming in to replace one who's mostly on the bench? We might know more when the window actually shuts and we look at who else(if anyone) we've bought. Or we might simply never know.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Bollocks. Everybody was praising Ole for Igahlo he's just the type of player United should sign loves the club etc well done Ole, now its a different story. If a transfer is good its well done Ole, if a transfer is shite its Eds fault, so childish that.
Not true at all.

I don't think Daniel James was a Woodward signing and he hasn't been great so bang goes your theory.

Stop protecting this useless board and call it what it is. Desperation.

Lebowski

Alright then, Bruno is a Woodward signing. Come on this is silly.
Not the best example you could have chosen considering Bruno was targeted all of last summer and Ole flew out to watch him playing for Sporting. It was the club that dragged their heels and didn't sign him until the final days of the January window.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This thread needs less talk and more videos of Cavani's goals over the years :drool: bring it on
it’ll be like watching Falcaos goals before he came here. Don’t do it to yourself:angel:

I hope he does well but I have my doubts. Im less annoyed now but I think it’s just more incompetence from Ed. Why not get him a month ago? Because he was nowhere near our top choice. Do we keep failing to get our top choices? If so why and lets fix it.

Wilt

He was supposed to be signing for Benfica until they told him to feck off after hearing his wage demands

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Symbol of modern football. Analysing transfers to the ridiculous degree.

I'm excited to see Cavani play for Utd

Shoot me.
Got nothing to do with modern football. People have every right to be skeptical after Falcao and Schweinsteiger (who was mediocre, let's not fool ourselves).

Me, personally, I think he'll be a decent sub.

crossy1686

career ending
People are unhappy because we haven't completed Sancho and Telles yet. If this was announced after Telles and Sancho, people would be very happy. Even if this was announced after Telles, there wouldn't be this much criticism.
No, personally I'm unhappy we're signing a 33 year old on a two year contract on £172k a week (basic) when that money should have been spent elsewhere. We're papering over cracks yet again like it's January, fecking why?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He was supposed to be signing for Benfica until they told him to feck off after hearing his wage demands
The agent fees broke the deal down. The wages may have played some part, but the agent fees were the key contributor to that. It was the same with Atletico de Madrid.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Not everybody, it was a dreadful signing of an old crap Watford player, united fan or not, and I like Ole here.

Coops73

Stop drinking mate get some sleep. Tomorrow you can drink again.
:lol: Coming from someone who has “connections” at the club who told him Sancho was definitely happening. I’ll keep on drinking, you keep injecting.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
10m euro fee for agent. 170k a week.

We finally get rid of 350k Sanchez wages and already half that is back on the books for let's face it a player who is way past his best.

Sancho ain't happening guys. This guy and Telles is going to be it.

Club is finished and no doubt Ole is going to take the bullet eventually.

Wilt

The agent fees broke the deal down. The wages may have played some part, but the agent fees were the key contributor to that. It was the same with Atletico de Madrid.
We’re good at paying ridiculous agents fees, so it’s probably a done deal

elnorte

Freaky fly day
This signing would be fine if there were others to supplement. At this rate it just looks desperate. That being said who gives a shit.

Trophy Room

10m euro fee for agent. 170k a week.

We finally get rid of 350k Sanchez wages and already half that is back on the books for let's face it a player who is way past his best.

Sancho ain't happening guys. This guy and Telles is going to be it.

Club is finished and no doubt Ole is going to take the bullet eventually.
No need to be so apocalyptic! It just isn't our time yet, it'll come. :wenger:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sancho is obviously not happening. At least we are getting some experience and goal potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.