Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utd7

This only makes sense if Greenwood will play primarily RW this season. Thus needing CF depth behind Martial.

Rolaholic

So his contract expires when Haaland's release clause becomes active then...

Bloody hell, I can’t see the negative here, we have no all out natural striker/ goalscorer in the squad.
The amount of games where we’re been screaming out for this type of player, even just for a second half has been incredible.

diarm

Only managed 14 games due to ongoing injuries all season. Scored 4 goals.

Argued with the coach, Mbappe, Neymar and everyone else. He’s been crocked on and off for about 2 years.

PSG couldn’t wait to get rid.
He fought with Neymar, not Mbappe.

Anybody who argues with a gobshite like Neymar immediately goes up a few notches in my estimation.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Does he play for free? Sign on bonus? Agent bonus?

How "free" was Sanchez?
Not our money mate - I think this is another case of people being obessed with playing pressing football, no Cavani wont be that type of player or hamper Martial, Rashford or Greenwood, hes here for 2 years to score goals and get us up the table, improve our squad, i dont see why people are giving out

manuchamp88

He’s going to be terribly underwhelming. At 33 years of age and a crocked few years, he won’t be ripping up any trees in the Prem.
Ibra didn't do too badly and he was even older. In the context of other signings (LB, Jadon) he could be a smart purchase. Ole is from an era of having 4 strikers available so makes sense for him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
As long as he's on a decent wage, he should be a good option to rotate in with the rest of our attackers. Especially if we don't think Greenwood is ready to play a lot of games as a striker.

Did anyone watch him last season? How was he? Hmm, just looked up his stats and see he had a couple of different injuries last season. :nervous:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of my favourite players and really wanted him at the club after he left Napoli. As much as I would love to see him in our shirt, I don’t expect a great deal from him nowadays.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
If bare minimum in your world is let Chelsea, City and Liverpool move further away from us and Spurs/Everton close the gap on us. In my world that isn’t bare minimum. It’s unacceptable.
Sorry, you're absolutely right maybe I should take my red-tinted specs off and paint my house green and gold. Silly me.

diarm

But but but it's a panic buy.....
I'm not against this signing - I like Cavani as a player and most of all, as a leader. The guy is a warrior and we need much more of that in our squad.

But if this wasn't a panic buy, we should have got it done weeks if not months ago.

Dan600

And for people saying he’ll be on the end of Sancho/Telles crosses... we currently have 26 senior squad members, 27 with Cavani. We need to sell 3 more players to make a squad place for anyone else over 21. Sancho Is U21 so Is fine, but do People really believe we will complete 6 deals in 1.5 days when one of those is a match day?

RonaldoVII

Not our money mate - I think this is another case of people being obessed with playing pressing football, no Cavani wont be that type of player or hamper Martial, Rashford or Greenwood, hes here for 2 years to score goals and get us up the table, improve our squad, i dont see why people are giving out
Because having players on high wages hampers our big to sign players like Sancho etc. Our wage budget is already huge.

This is another case of the club being desperate and showing zero planning. Cavani has been available all summer; why the sudden interest?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's better than nothing. Obviously not getting a winger in this summer, presumably will go in for Sancho again next summer. Cavani as a stop gap depth signing is alright, as we didn't have anyone who can be a poacher/target man. Injuries a big concern, will need time to get match fit but rotating around, if he stays fit, will be fine.

Beyond fecked up that we've reached this point in the transfer window, and are left with this though. Year after year, window after window, we show our incompetence in the transfer window, lack of proper strategy, lack of urgency and leave everything too late and end up getting some panic signing. Cavani is 100% a panic signing, but at the same time, panic signings are still better than no signings especially when you consider our situation this season.

Hope we "panic sign" Telles, but I doubt it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If he's just coming to be an upgrade on Ighalo then fine. If he's supposed to be any more than that then not so fine.

RazorOz

If he gets us an extra 10-12 points this year so what? Its free
Absolutely no chance get gets us an extra 10-12 points this year.

This is a pure desperation buy from the club that has said it has learned from Falcao and Sanchez and won't be doing that type of deals again. Other clubs have baulked at the agent fee so we're likely getting taken for a ransom in this deal.

Castia

Wonder why no other club went for him?

Because they’re not fecking stupid that’s why. Well done Ed you absolute muppet.

Adamsk7

This all depends on other things.

Van De Beek
Telles
Sancho
AND Cavani looks great

Van De Beek
Cavani .....does not.

red4ever 79

It's a sign of a club in desperatation. Terrible terrible. This guy been available for months on a free touted round Europe. No one wanted him but here comes ed riding to the rescue. Disgrace

DoomSlayer

Cavani's a shadow of his former self, unless a miracle happens, he won't do much more than Ighalo did.

Status
Not open for further replies.