Eduardo Camavinga | Real Madrid watch

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Imagine getting Camavinga, Sancho and Bellingham in one summer with Sanchez, Andreas, Lingard and one or even 2 of the injury prone defenders out. Our squad would be almost complete on paper (cb signing would be nice but we can take our time on it) Midfield would be totally sorted for quality and quantity. Next season may be too soon but if that unit fully clicks then the sky is the limit for the next few years and hopefully beyond with the right planning. I think we’d be right back in the conversation for the CL once the team gets settled.

Devil may care

Him staying another season at Rennes makes sense, if we could sign him and loan him back it would be good business.

luke511

Imagine getting Camavinga, Sancho and Bellingham in one summer with Sanchez, Andreas, Lingard and one or even 2 of the injury prone defenders out. Our squad would be almost complete on paper (cb signing would be nice but we can take our time on it) Midfield would be totally sorted for quality and quantity. Next season may be too soon but if that unit fully clicks then the sky is the limit for the next few years and hopefully beyond with the right planning. I think we’d be right back in the conversation for the CL once the team gets settled.
I still don't think Bellingham is a necessary signing to say we have Garner and soon to be Mejbri coming through the ranks, both great talents. He must be touted by the scouts to be potential world class to try and fit him into that no.8 role alongside Pogba, Fred, McTominay and soon Garner and Mejbri. I'd have Camavinga over Bellingham any day.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm glad he's deciding to stay at Rennes under that condition, he clearly wants to keep improving and experiencing the CL at his club is the best thing for his growth. He's just turned 17 not that long ago, he's got plenty of time on his side to make the big move next. It's quite amazing how he's quickly come along and is now widely regarded as one of the best young players in the world. I got to see some of his interviews for the national team and man does he seem like a great character with an amazing integrity and attitude. He feels like the complete package both physically and mentally. Whoever gets him for his next move is going to have a proper world-class talent on their hands.

Ali Dia

I still don't think Bellingham is a necessary signing to say we have Garner and soon to be Mejbri coming through the ranks, both
great talents. He must be touted by the scouts to be potential world class to try and fit him into that no.8 role alongside Pogba, Fred, McTominay and soon Garner and Mejbri. I'd have Camavinga over Bellingham any day.
I think they would be signed for different positions in midfield. A DM and a box to box. If I had to chose I’d take a supposedly marginally worse prospect in Bellingham for the rest of his career settled here rather than have camavinga flirting with Real every summer and probably having to replace him if he was to become a top PL player. I’d still take either or both though as they make good business sense. Both are on the up and with Hannibal, Garner and possibly Gomes that’s a cracking roster of up and coming midfielders to integrate.

SAFMUTD

Camavinga could come here and fight for a starting place, but Bellingham would be really behind the pecking order and we would be a striker short

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm glad he's deciding to stay at Rennes under that condition, he clearly wants to keep improving and experiencing the CL at his club is the best thing for his growth. He's just turned 17 not that long ago, he's got plenty of time on his side to make the big move next. It's quite amazing how he's quickly come along and is now widely regarded as one of the best young players in the world. I got to see some of his interviews for the national team and man does he seem like a great character with an amazing integrity and attitude. He feels like the complete package both physically and mentally. Whoever gets him for his next move is going to have a proper world-class talent on their hands.
The postponement could see him with an outside chance of making the Euros next summer.

Ali Dia

Camavinga could come here and fight for a starting place, but Bellingham would be really behind the pecking order and we would be a striker short
i think the pitch to Bellingham would be that he’s going to compete with whoever is still here out of lingard and pereira for rotation and injury minutes next year with at least one of them moving on by January at the latest. If you’re a good player you would probably back yourself to get into our team quite a bit even for a 17 year old. I don’t think he would consider coming here to play u21 or be loaned back. Ighalo is going to sign I’d say. I’m not really counting him as a new signing. Hopefully he can keep it up next year.

SAFMUTD

i think the pitch to Bellingham would be that he’s going to compete with whoever is still here out of lingard and pereira for rotation and injury minutes next year with at least one of them moving on by January at the latest. If you’re a good player you would probably back yourself to get into our team quite a bit even for a 17 year old. I don’t think he would consider coming here to play u21 or be loaned back. Ighalo is going to sign I’d say. I’m not really counting him as a new signing. Hopefully he can keep it up next year.
I agree is Bellingham comes it would be to fight for a place in the first team, but he’s a player with just over half a season in the championship that would have to fight with Bruno, Pogba, McTomminay, Fred, Matic for 3 starting positions I dont see him being above any of the ones mentioned, and thats without including Mata, Pereira and Lingard who should be sold IMO.

I think he would be one more looking into the future rather than instant impact, I’ve seen little from him but I dont get the hype, he doesn’t strikes me as anything special besides, of course, being a 17 year old playing as a starter.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I agree is Bellingham comes it would be to fight for a place in the first team, but he’s a player with just over half a season in the championship that would have to fight with Bruno, Pogba, McTomminay, Fred, Matic for 3 starting positions I dont see him being above any of the ones mentioned, and thats without including Mata, Pereira and Lingard who should be sold IMO.

I think he would be one more looking into the future rather than instant impact, I’ve seen little from him but I dont get the hype, he doesn’t strikes me as anything special besides, of course, being a 17 year old playing as a starter.
Camavinga leading the league in tackles overall and top 10 in dribbles for defensive player at 16-17 is what brings some of the hype, and then you consider his intangibles and room for growth and that's when it gets to the level it's currently at.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

Camavinga leading the league in tackles overall and top 10 in dribbles for defensive player at 16-17 is what brings some of the hype, and then you consider his intangibles and room for growth and that's when it gets to the level it's currently at.
I agree with Camavinga he’s shown enough to back up the hype, my post was referring to Bellingham.

Ali Dia

I was the same as you when I first looked at Bellingham but I can see it now. The way he drives with the ball and the level he’s already at point towards him being a scary player. I can see him in the Gerrard box to box kind of role and if he’s even nearly as good as gerrard then that’s a signing worth snapping up. I’ve a feeling he’ll go to Dortmund and come back to the league after a few seasons ala sancho. I personally don’t think we will get camavinga either but coming here wouldn’t be a bad move for him as matic is winding down and he’ll get plenty of games.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Pay whatever they want, loan him back for a year. An absolute star.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He's pretty much promised to Zidane already. Rennes is about to make bank.

K_Ash

According to who?
According to all the reports in France and one particular highly reputable insider from Real Madrid.
He obviously should go to the PL instead. With Messi out, LaLiga is about to take a massive hit downward

BalanceUnAutreJoint

According to all the reports in France and one particular highly reputable insider from Real Madrid.
He obviously should go to the PL instead. With Messi out, LaLiga is about to take a massive hit downward
I have never seen a single French source saying he wants to go to Real Madrid.
It's only Spanish sources that keep running that story

K_Ash

There is that one insider on RMC. Very close to Zizou. He is pretty much a Real Madrid mouthpiece . He does the LaLiga analysis for that RMC.

lenny_1248

When we smash Real next season in CL, he will realize that there is no better team than Ole's Tricky Reds.
#Camavinga2021

MetoTTT

There is that one insider on RMC. Very close to Zizou. He is pretty much a Real Madrid mouthpiece . He does the LaLiga analysis for that RMC.
Frédéric Hermel... close to Zizou AND Real Madrid real insider. Knows closely a lot of peole in spanish football (players, managers, directors, agents etc) since long time.

cyberman

Its reflected glory. Spanish sources kept telling us how Pogba and Mbappe were just Madrid players in waiting.
Its really strange. Making it seem inevitable so they get a share of the limelight. Ill never forget the Spanish reporters continually bringing up Real Madrid in the press conference for the 09 CL final.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Hermel has never ever been a credible source for much of anything really despite being very close to Zidane. He doesn't report on transfers or rumors at all usually.

Obviously Real Madrid might very well be the most popular foreign club in France but there's no basis to say that Camavinga dreams of Real Madrid to the point where no other club could manage to sign him

And Madrid has a pretty crowded midfield. Casemiro is still young enough to play for a while, Valverde and Odeegard are both very young, there are probably clubs where he'd have better guarantees for playtime than Madrid.

K_Ash

Hermel has never ever been a credible source for much of anything really despite being very close to Zidane. He doesn't report on transfers or rumors at all usually.

Obviously Real Madrid might very well be the most popular foreign club in France but there's no basis to say that Camavinga dreams of Real Madrid to the point where no other club could manage to sign him

And Madrid has a pretty crowded midfield. Casemiro is still young enough to play for a while, Valverde and Odeegard are both very young, there are probably clubs where he'd have better guarantees for playtime than Madrid.
:lol: "has never ever been a credible source" okay buddy, good continuation to you

BalanceUnAutreJoint

:lol: "has never ever been a credible source" okay buddy, good continuation to you
Yes? Hermel doesn't report on transfers and rumors I have no idea how you got around that he knew anything about that, Zidane would career suicid himself if Hermel was actually a reporter because everybody would know he is the one giving him infos.
And Hermel knows even less about Rennes, a club he has no connection to.

SinNombre

Spanish media likes to build up the myth of their big 2 clubs by constantly running propaganda.

I am always surprised by how many United and other PL club supporting fans who have bought into it hook, line and sinker.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Spanish media likes to build up the myth of their big 2 clubs by constantly running propaganda.

I am always surprised by how many United and other PL club supporting fans who have bought into it hook, line and sinker.
Well, if the former Rennes director Olivier Letáng got fired for negotiating with Real Madrid without telling the shareholders, I suppose the player got asked first, didn't he?

I mean, there are many shades of grey between the black and white you guys want to see here.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

He's one of the best talents in France and plays at a club that unlike Monaco/Lyon can't afford to not sell him as soon as his value goes up.
He's still at Rennes because they miraculously managed to make the CL and are now counting on the fact that his value will be even higher by the time next season ends.

No surprise RM has shown their interest in him even this year, still doesn't mean he is "Real Madrid bound" or that no other club could be able to sign him next year.

And RM has a lot of midfielders, Casemiro,Valverde,Odeegard are all gonna be there for years, not sure if It's the best move for him.

sp_107

He's one of the best talents in France and plays at a club that unlike Monaco/Lyon can't afford to not sell him as soon as his value goes up.
He's still at Rennes because they miraculously managed to make the CL and are now counting on the fact that his value will be even higher by the time next season ends.

No surprise RM has shown their interest in him even this year, still doesn't mean he is "Real Madrid bound" or that no other club could be able to sign him next year.

And RM has a lot of midfielders, Casemiro,Valverde,Odeegard are all gonna be there for years, not sure if It's the best move for him.
This is why I doubt RM go after this guy as they already stocked in that area and they need to invest on other replacements like Kroos/Modric/Benzema/Ramos positions first.

If Carmavinga has right advisors they dont let him go to RM, Instead he should consider clubs like UTD/Barca as both teams need players of his mould.

neilv93

Inspired by Pogba, unsurprisingly: https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.c...-paul-pogba-but-i-dont-like-comparisons-much/

"Who is a model for you in professional football?

I am inspired by Paul Pogba. He is a very good player with great qualities. He proved himself in the French national team, you just have to look at what he did, world champion. But I don’t like comparisons much."

SIGN. HIM. UP! (disclaimer: no chance)

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Inspired by Pogba, unsurprisingly: https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.c...-paul-pogba-but-i-dont-like-comparisons-much/

"Who is a model for you in professional football?

I am inspired by Paul Pogba. He is a very good player with great qualities. He proved himself in the French national team, you just have to look at what he did, world champion. But I don’t like comparisons much."

SIGN. HIM. UP! (disclaimer: no chance)
He's also Pogba's roommate at Clairefontaine.