Eduardo Camavinga | Real Madrid watch

cyberman

When you sign a player so young it’s extremely rare to keep them for the prime of their career. Just be there ala Varane when he wants to move on and try something else

Hester_manc

He was the player I wanted the most this summer, because we need better players in out central midfield, and he is going to be among the best in this position in a few years.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
When you sign a player so young it’s extremely rare to keep them for the prime of their career. Just be there ala Varane when he wants to move on and try something else
varane is already 28

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Why Cama watch? Let him go guys, he never wanted Utd. In that regard consider it a bullet dodged!
Will waste away in Madrid and will struggle when hounded by the Madrid supporters themselves. There's no Zizu there to look after him and the team needs to move on from its current era. So not really sure if it's the correct move for him... Howeverrr... Maybe Poggers will take care of the young man when he's there next year..?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Scored 6 minutes after coming on, pounced on a rebound. Has been completely wasteful after that, including messing a touch in a dangerous area.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Perfect debut.The team wins,he plays half an hour and scores a goal.
He played a little for the camera and the public, failing a couple of passes, he has personality, was fast in the actions and not scared.

mav_9me

Nothing special. Goal was a tap in. I do think he will be very good.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
For what it's worth, he scored on his debut with France NT and now can barely get in the u-21's, but I really think this whole summer of speculation on his future affected him, and scoring on his debut in front of the Bernabeu should only be a positive. I just hope he realizes his potential, he can become special if he applies himself and doesn't let the outside noise get to him like it seemed to have the past year and a half.

RooneyLegend

For what it's worth, he scored on his debut with France NT and now can barely get in the u-21's, but I really think this whole summer of speculation on his future affected him, and scoring on his debut in front of the Bernabeu should only be a positive. I just hope he realizes his potential, he can become special if he applies himself and doesn't let the outside noise get to him like it seemed to have the past year and a half.
Who would you compare him to as a player.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Looked like Pogba type player. Needs to keep it simple to begin with. Need a defined role. Only seen 30 minutes of him. I hope he develops into a star. At least he is not afraid of playing for RM unlike some Norwegian kid.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Couple really bad sloppy passes and jogged a bit too much for my tastes, but he scored, kept things tidy(and quick) for the most part, and generally had a good debut in front of the bernabeu

He's supposed to be a two-way 1vs1 monster though, didn't show it tonight. Want to see a lot more of him please

jesperjaap

Will waste away in Madrid and will struggle when hounded by the Madrid supporters themselves. There's no Zizu there to look after him and the team needs to move on from its current era. So not really sure if it's the correct move for him... Howeverrr... Maybe Poggers will take care of the young man when he's there next year..?
Thew new Royston Frenthe aye...he was such a flop not sven sure if got the name right!

I think your first sentence may well be true. Camavinga was the player I msot wanted us to sign long before this summer even arrived. I think he has the personality and ability to be a great player.....however we know how fickle the Madrid fans are. They demand great performances striaght from the start and if they dont get it, they dont back players....even happened to the Brazilian Ronaldo and has happened to many other players both older and better than Camavinga

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
It was the right decision from Ancelotti to give him minutes and confidence.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Who would you compare him to as a player.
I really don't know, he's so young and inconsistent right now that I can't make a comparison that wouldn't seem daft.

I'm not saying he's unique or anything, we just need to see him develop more first. I think like a lot of people when he first came out, I thought he could be a slightly less offensive but more defensive Pogba because of their combination of size, strength (for his age at least), and technique but after a while you see he's nowhere close to having the long-range passing consistently as Pogba, he doesn't strike the ball as cleanly, and his vision is not where Pogba's was around his age. He's a better tackler, has more tenacity on defense, he doesn't scare you like Pogba does when he goes for a sliding tackle, but he needs time to improve his reading of the game both on offense and defense. I'm not sure even he knows where he would excel best in midfield and he could be one of those tweeners where you don't really know what his best position is after years. I don't think I'd be the person to ask about him though, I honestly haven't followed him much since his breakout season at Rennes because he was struggling to make an impact and looked bang-average the odd games I caught of Rennes last season. I will be able to follow him much more closely now in La Liga and I look forward to seeing who Camavinga is going to be in football.

jesperjaap

I really don't know, he's so young and inconsistent right now that I can't make a comparison that wouldn't seem daft.

I'm not saying he's unique or anything, we just need to see him develop more first. I think like a lot of people when he first came out, I thought he could be a slightly less offensive but more defensive Pogba because of their combination of size, strength (for his age at least), and technique but after a while you see he's nowhere close to having the long-range passing consistently as Pogba, he doesn't strike the ball as cleanly, and his vision is not where Pogba's was around his age. He's a better tackler, has more tenacity on defense, he doesn't scare you like Pogba does when he goes for a sliding tackle, but he needs time to improve his reading of the game both on offense and defense. I'm not sure even he knows where he would excel best in midfield and he could be one of those tweeners where you don't really know what his best position is after years. I don't think I'd be the person to ask about him though, I honestly haven't followed him much since his breakout season at Rennes because he was struggling to make an impact and looked bang-average the odd games I caught of Rennes last season. I will be able to follow him much more closely now in La Liga and I look forward to seeing who Camavinga is going to be in football.
I just dont understand the Pogba comparisons whatsoever. I mean you are saying "a more defensive Pogba" here then go on to say he is good at what Pogba isnt good at and not good at what Pogba is....as they are totally different players

thedvil

I just dont understand the Pogba comparisons whatsoever. I mean you are saying "a more defensive Pogba" here then go on to say he is good at what Pogba isnt good at and not good at what Pogba is....as they are totally different players
He clearly said beforehand he thought he could be a a more defensive Pogba but then realised they are completely different.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Be interesting to see how he develops. Seems to have a lot of bust potential but equally has a couple of traits that make you think he can make it at a big club. Important 24 months coming up for him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
How’s this guy getting on for Real?
Not great at all, he's been subbed a couple of time at half time, not a lot of playtime and when he played an entire game against Rayo Vallecano, he managed to be the worst player on the pitch for Real. He'll need time, as we've said a couple of time when he got transfered, he's not ready yet.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's very young and not getting as many chances as he should right now, though i expect he will start against sheriff tomorrow

Bit rash, both of the early subs were down to a fear of red card, and Ancelotti is like that, he treated Casemiro the same in 13/14...

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
He was doing fine in the first games, but as Ancelotti has moved toward a more stable lineup he gets less minutes.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Too big of a move too soon.
It’s why I felt he wasn’t the immediate answer for our midfield woes despite calls for us to sign him

SoCross

How’s this kid doing La Liga watchers/Real fans ? Is he still the next big thing ?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How’s this kid doing La Liga watchers/Real fans ? Is he still the next big thing ?
He's still 19 and just moved to Madrid, still fairly raw, but in general he's clearly a huge talent. Needs more confidence from Ancelotti

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
So not well then? :lol:
Depends on the player you want to compare him to, I guess.

For instance, Raphael Varane joined Real Madrid when he was 18 years old and played 15 games his first season in all competitions.

Camavinga also joined at 18 and has taken part in 21 games so far even though we are in the middle of the season.

I don't think Varane was doing badly. All the contrary, he was going through a stage of his life when he was young, had to compete against monsters Pepe and Ramos and needed to train and develop in a protected role relative to his age and condition in a club of those characteristics.

Camavinga faces similar situation against Casemiro, Kroos, Modric.

So whether he is doing well or bad, I would say it's too soon for the general public to know and it's mostly people who watch him train who know, but if you ask me I think he is a gem that needs polishing and has a huge future ahead of him.

Born2Lose

This year's De Ligt, end of the world that we didn't sign him but moronic to think a young player is going to walk into a top team and be world class instantly.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
So not well then? :lol:
He's not doing too well, no.

I can cut him some slack because no one outside of the starting three midfielders is doing particularly well at RM. They can play some games and not be terrible, but that's about it.

Camavinga I think is a little overeager when he plays, needs to have a lower tempo.